Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Drafting my calendar for the period between now and the new Year and there are so many lovely things to look forward to. A family birthday so there will be a nice meal out and a shopping day with mam, also scheduled two random days off work - one to do Christmas shopping with mam and the other to spend a day with my new love just catching a film, wandering around some galleries and having a nice few drinks or whatever. There is a work Christmas party, my own Christmas party for my friends, work Christmas lunch and drinks. Then there is the nice weekend before Christmas to really feel all the festive feels, Christmas itself with family, mini break with new love and then new year. I am jumping for joy looking at my calendar and it all fits on an A4 page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Going to see Depeche Mode tonight and bringing a friend who is a big fan but has never seen them live before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Lorelli! wrote: »
    My mam only likes to keep two bottles of perfume at a time. She found an unopened bottle that she forgot about. She doesn't want it and it's one I really like. I can't get enough perfumes so good news for me :)

I saw my mam yesterday and she gave me the perfume and also a new eyeshadow palette that was never used and still in the box :)

As an afterthought and thinking out loud, she said to me "oh I should have just kept them and given them to you for Christmas" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My dog just farted and then looked at me as if I did it??
    He's lucky he's cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

Taking a whizz after waking up in the morning.

Nice to briefly create the illusion that I've lost substantial weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It's magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

madmaggie wrote: »
    Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It's magic!

Elizabeth Arden's eight hour cream is the same. I loves 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Peeling a cup cake from its wrapper and none of the chocolate or icing gets caught in the crinkles of the paper.

Niceee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Changing the duvet cover and pretty much got it done in two good shakes. Normally takes ages of fluffing about and trying to get the corners and sides all aligned :)
    Second TH... fresh bed to sleep in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Getting eyeliner flick 100% perfect with no special effort on BOTH eyes! :)
    Damn! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I walked into the kitchen in work and asked somebody "how are things" as a greeting. they told me. dont they realise i dont actually care?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Done the school run this morning, met a mate there who was dropping his kids off as well. Had a natter and a laugh and realised that we were the biggest kids there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Knowing I am having chicken wings for dinner tonight :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally! got my SQL Code in visual studio too work! and Now I can query a database :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Jrop wrote: »
    Going to see Depeche Mode tonight and bringing a friend who is a big fan but has never seen them live before.

Wasn't it a sound gig ??!!

Acoustic "Question of Lust" - my goosebumps had goosebumps!!

My pooch has been away at his sitters and he's back tonight!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Have somehow convinced the boyfriend that we neeeeeed to go on holidays to New York in early spring, next year. Don't know how I managed to get around him, he's been in serious "save for the mortgage" mode the last couple of months. We'll be living off bread and water for the next few months but I don't care. Now we just need to book! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coming in out of the cold and having a nice hot cup of Barry's tea

Thinly veiled Barry's tea bags rule all post :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Getting an interview for Aldi graduate programme :D

Getting an interview for Aldi graduate programme :D

Well done you !!!

Now off to post on the TA thread that kids are getting cleverer that us old farts ever were !!!!!

• Advertisement

Haha, make a deal, post it if I get hired? :D

Haha, make a deal, post it if I get hired? :D

You're on !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Time for a good aul greasy snackbox..nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a walk today with an elderly relative. He's 94 and still sprightly. Deaf as a post, but we had a good laugh and a catch-up.

Sitting at the kitchen table reading and the little one walks in from another room oblivious to my presence with something in her hand, drops it, says 'Ara fúck it', bends down, picks it up and continues on her merry way. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Boots Christmas ad with the two sisters and "Only You" song. I love it. I think someone does be cutting onions beside me when it's on though...

anna080 wrote: »
    The Boots Christmas ad with the two sisters and "Only You" song. I love it. I think someone does be cutting onions beside me when it's on though...

When you find them please ask why the chop onions when I watch the Lewis's advert with the monster?

It's starting to look like a conspiracy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My man is away for a few days and just texted me...she will be 80 next year and in great health..I'm in a bad place at the moment and just knowing that I have still got her and my dad makes me so happy..I really realise how lucky I am to have them when the whole world seems to be against me at the moment....excuse the emotional ,wine fuelled post..ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Colser wrote: »
    My man is away for a few days and just texted me...she will be 80 next year and in great health..I'm in a bad place at the moment and just knowing that I have still got her and my dad makes me so happy..I really realise how lucky I am to have them when the whole world seems to be against me at the moment....excuse the emotional ,wine fuelled post..ðŸ˜

Even if it feels like the world is against you Colser you have us here on your side as well.

• Advertisement

That's really true Colser, and if things ever feel tough, don't hesitate to PM :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement