Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

we-get-to-go-home-reaction-gif-office-hands-up-13695950372.gif?id=

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Just got called a well mannered young lady.

Only the first part is accurate but nice to hear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Civil engineering.

Not exactly trivial like. Specifically construction of roads, and how one day you'll be driving on a road and the next day the road will take you a totally different way without you even knowing where yesterday's road went.

I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Laughing my arse off after having a conversation on the phone with the missus. The new company she is working for is putting her up in a hotel for a couple of weeks until the property we're leasing is ready. Anyways, we're chatting and she tells me that the TV in her hotel room is standing on a commode. So I start bursting my hole laughing and ask her if she knows what a commode is (she's German so sometimes she mixes up words), she says ''isn't it a cabinet?'' and I'm like no ''it's like a bedpan'' and then the two of us are in stitches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was sick all day in bed and felt horrendous. I had nobody to walk the dog for me and felt like a terrible human. It's now 12 hrs later and I feel wonderful! The sickness has lifted and I feel I could run a marathon. Tried to bring the dog out there but he's ignoring me and won't talk to me.
    So glad I won't be sick tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Ive a choice.
    Boss rang 10 mins ago and said be in work at 8am and deliver to Dublin,Cork,Shannon and home or else cool your jets after my explosive rant earlier and come in at 7pm and head to Verona,Italy and then to Brussles and hang about for 24hrs to bring a trailer to the UK and take another home.

I know what Im doing...getting the fcuking passport out:D
    And having another few drinks...hope I dont get banned hahahaha:D

Fcuk Im actually excited to go to work tomorrow,wouldnt mind but its far from the 1st time I went continental but I havent been for a good long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Laughing my arse off after having a conversation on the phone with the missus. The new company she is working for is putting her up in a hotel for a couple of weeks until the property we're leasing is ready. Anyways, we're chatting and she tells me that the TV in her hotel room is standing on a commode. So I start bursting my hole laughing and ask her if she knows what a commode is (she's German so sometimes she mixes up words), she says ''isn't it a cabinet?'' and I'm like no ''it's like a bedpan'' and then the two of us are in stitches :pac:

Lol . Eine Kommode is a chest of drawers in German !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Lol . Eine Kommode is a chest of drawers in German !

Yeah she said that to me, that it means a chest of drawers in German :D ah the funny moments when you are married to a foreigner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Doing my autism presentations, theyre fun to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

My new doctor being sound (and hot)

Only charged 10 for two blood checks, physical exam , urine test , mri referral and x ray referral.

Because she said it was a "follow up " appointment to the last time I went.

That was nice of her

• Advertisement

Only charged 10 for two blood checks, physical exam , urine test , mri referral and x ray referral.

That was nice of her

Bet she thinks you're hot too :p

My mum is coming to my place at lunch time with Mcdonalds :D it used to be a weekly ritual when I first moved out on my own but we haven't done it in years now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

That was nice of her

My doctor charged me 45 euro and is not hot.

Bloody HSE!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I f*cking LOVE that video. They're so cuddly and adorable!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A proper, well-made toasted cheese sambo, with a gorgeous, buttery, crispy-golden exterior and cheese hotter than the surface of the sun within.

Just watched a video where kittens were climbing all over a vacum cleaner and they turned it on and all scattered then as if they'd done something wrong :D.

Heading home

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

We are finally within sight of the finish of our home renovations. It has been more than TA at times but it is finally starting to take shape!!
    However it is coming to the stage that a tight grip has to be kept on the budget in the face of inevitable extras and finishing touches.

Today I have managed to save 800e on one item by shopping around and not only saving money but will have it next week. The tradesman said the middle of next week but with my luck with trades people it will more likely be the end of next week. Also we needed a large kitchen appliance - local dealer quoted 450e as best price for a particular applicance. I shopped around and got a bigger appliance with better spec DELIVERED for 369e.

We ordered a stove yesterday and again it was a cost eating into our budget. I had been putting a few euros away whenever i had it extra (which wasnt very often) and thought that there was enough in the account to put a deposit down. The shiny sparkly fairies were looking down on me and there was enough in the account to pretty much pay for the whole stove.

My week as been epic. The only thing that would make it better is if the AWOL plumber would turn up and do his thing.... Anyhooo today I'm feeling like a super savvy shopper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have had my eye on a coat in Tesco for weeks but I wouldn't buy it. Last night I went out to get it and my sister wouldn't let me because it's black Friday sales time. Went in today and got 40% off of it. Yay!

Just watched a video where kittens were climbing all over a vacum cleaner and they turned it on and all scattered then as if they'd done something wrong :D.

:D

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 TheWarmNights

Being sleepy and the thoughts of a warm bed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Being sleepy and the thoughts of a warm bed.

I just snuggled into mine, electric blanket has been on for good hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Kitten videos make me happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I just snuggled into mine, electric blanket has been on for good hour.

God Bless the person that invented them! :)
    Bed is TOASTY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I love eating a chipper in the car. The smell of vinegar in the car the next day, the mist on the windows. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

This!
    I'm here laughing but gagging at the same time! :D
    Funnily enough the Article I was reading right before this was about an ex-Marine who donated his Liver to his Colleague's Cousin who had Cancer and ended up marrying the girl! Random!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

having a nap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

New born baby smell.

Kinda makes one broody.... for a little bit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Been aiming to fit into a dress for ages, finally tonight it zipped on me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement