Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

On train home. With beer, Marillion's "Kayleigh" streaming and a misery guts telling the ticket inspector I has beer.

He said "madam we're in the bar car, she's not the only one and she has a valid ticket".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

On train home. With beer, Marillion's "Kayleigh" streaming and a misery guts telling the ticket inspector I has beer.

He said "madam we're in the bar car, she's not the only one and she has a valid ticket".

That showed her!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Ball dress arrived and it's honestly beautiful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My mammy bought me a chocolate santa lollipop, it's the little things in life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The spurious cornetto from aldi that i just had

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I was quite shy as a child. Today I had my child's first parent-teacher meeting at her Montessori and the teacher told me that's she's a very happy and outgoing child who makes friends easily. I'm chuffed with her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We were writing about the dentist in school today and one little girl wrote "brush your tit" haha! Poor thing thought that was how you write teeth! Made me laugh so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Just realised I've been smiling away like the Cheshire cat for the last 10 mins...just an unexpected late night feeling of happiness....way cool !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Just realised I've been smiling away like the Cheshire cat for the last 10 mins...just an unexpected late night feeling of happiness....way cool !

Love when that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Irish Water gonna sent me a cheque for €120!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Finishing a shift block at work, especially nights, and being off for 4 days.

People who don't work shifts will never understand that feeling of clocking out after 48 long hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

heated car seats on a freezing cold morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

Every day I get the train to work and I see the same faces. Am I the only one who creates nicknames and elaborate back stories for them?

I have Man Who Looks Like Cartoon Character
    Former Black Sabbath Roadie
    Brother/Sister or Husband/Wife??? (Husband/wife, I recently saw them holding hands)
    BFG
    Man Who Would Kill For Window Seat
    Bobble Hat Man, Even on Sunny Days
    Girl With Tiny Head
    Perpetually Lost Man

I honestly keep myself so entertained by it, and laugh away to myself wondering if they're all calling me something ridiculous in their own head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Every day I get the train to work and I see the same faces. Am I the only one who creates nicknames and elaborate back stories for them?

I have Man Who Looks Like Cartoon Character
    Former Black Sabbath Roadie
    Brother/Sister or Husband/Wife??? (Husband/wife, I recently saw them holding hands)
    BFG
    Man Who Would Kill For Window Seat
    Bobble Hat Man, Even on Sunny Days
    Girl With Tiny Head
    Perpetually Lost Man

I honestly keep myself so entertained by it, and laugh away to myself wondering if they're all calling me something ridiculous in their own head too.

I love this. I do similar where I imagine the train of thought going through peoples heads and I talk to myself what I imagine they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Got in from work last night, and my son came running up to me, beaming from ear to ear.
    He told me he is Joseph in his school's Christmas play.
    I was delighted for him, cos only a couple of years ago when he started school, he was struggling with some of his speech, and it made him really self conscious.
    Fast forward two years, and to see this confident, happy, smiling "lead actor", well, my heart nearly burst with pride and joy.
    Great reflection on his teachers for all the help they have given him......

My dog's favourite treats are on special offer in Dunnes so I'm going to be favourite mummy this evening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The jokes on Penguin bars. They're so bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was out searching for my 15 year old cat this evening, thinking the worst. When I checked her little house, there she was looking at me like "where else would I be, ya big eejit".

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was out searching for my 15 year old cat this evening, thinking the worst. When I checked her little house, there she was looking at me like "where else would I be, ya big eejit".

That look they give you is perfection!! My dog has a look when I say "which good boy wants a treat ???" and it's a translation of "if it's not me b1tch I'm peeing on your duvet at 3am".

TH thing - my electric blanket on a cold night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Being able to breath easily. First asthma attack in years has now subsided, superb stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in Topshop trying on some sock boots. They were a size small but usually I'm in between sizes so I thought they'd be grand and shoved my hoof in. The bloody thing got stuck and wouldn't come off! I had to ring my friend who was in another shop and get her to come help me. The two of us were actually on the floor in a heap laughing. She had to get the shop assistant to help me get them off she couldn't do it either so she called the manger who yanked them off. I had to press my leg against his knee while he yanked it off. I felt like I just delivered my first born!

Then we were walking out of the shop still roaring when a busker took my arm and started dancing with me. Omg I nearly died and my friend nearly wet herself. I needed a good laugh I honestly feel like a new woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

This is a totally egotistical post but you've been warned in advance.

I met a woman in work today. I've known her for many years. She said she saw me on the TV last week. I always assume everyone that knows me knows my story but apparently not. She didn't know I has lost two children and was shocked when she saw the interview. The reason she says she is so shocked, is because she said I'm one of the most gorgeous people she's ever met (her words) and I just smile at everyone so how can it be that I'm so nice and smiley when this has happened to me. She was so so lovely and although it can be embarrassing to stand there taking compliments it was so nice that she thought that of me even without the fact I have the story I have.

I'm sure there plenty reading this will roll their eyes at what seems like such a vacuous post but sure look, be sure not to strain your eyeballs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I can't stop laughing at this! I hope it gives someone a giggle that needs cheering up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

This is a totally egotistical post but you've been warned in advance.

That didn't come across as egotistical to me at all whoops. I got a sense of humility from your post tbh which is always a good trait. :-)

Very sorry to hear about your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Water charges refund cheque arrived this morning.:) Didn't even know they were doing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

We signed the lease on our new place. The missus moves in on the 8th of December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Only a day to the Toy Show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I got theee prettiest dress for a night out on Saturday. Getting my hair done tomorrow and bought a few make up bits in BT's.

TH that when I get home in the evenings, the pooch has been on my bed lying on my dressing gown for most of the day, so when I put it on it's nice and warm. Others may find that gross but I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Bed in mam’s house. She’s minding her sick boy 🤒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got loads of stuff done today then came home and managed to clean the place and do all my washing. The only thing now to wash is me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement