Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

The 10-month-old gasúr crawling over to me very fast when he hears me coming in the door from work, and thus opens up a whole amazing world that I leave behind for work each day. When I lift him up and he beams with the biggest widest smile and then, and then, puts his little hands around my neck like a koala bear and he hangs there tightly, smiling and making all sorts of lovely cooing sounds while looking straight at me and touching my face with his fingers. The touch from those little hands from that little life around my neck. Nothing in life feels like it. Precious, unforgettable days of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

IIIIIIII have a date next week. IIIIIIIII have a date next week. IIIIIIIIII have a date next week.

And he's pretty.

And interesting.

And funny.

And looks like an actual man, not a boy-child that simply stretched when he hit puberty.

And acts like an actual man, not a boy-child that talks in code and plays games of mind****ery for kicks.

YOWSA. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Vela wrote: »
    IIIIIIII have a date next week. IIIIIIIII have a date next week. IIIIIIIIII have a date next week.

And he's pretty.

And interesting.

And funny.

And looks like an actual man, not a boy-child that simply stretched when he hit puberty.

And acts like an actual man, not a boy-child that talks in code and plays games of mind****ery for kicks.

YOWSA. :D

You're doing the right thing. Playing it cool, not getting too excited. :)

Just kidding, nice to see people enthusiastic about dating.

Good luck with it.

You're doing the right thing. Playing it cool, not getting too excited. :)

Just kidding, nice to see people enthusiastic about dating.

Good luck with it.

I don't play games :) If I like someone enough to meet them, then I like them and I'm not shy about it. I've been on like 3 online dates in the past year - I'm picky!

That being said, this particular coming date has been quite the epic story so far (see previous posts:pac:), so I'm still holding out to see how it actually goes down in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The 10-month-old gasúr crawling over to me very fast when he hears me coming in the door from work, and thus opens up a whole amazing world that I leave behind for work each day. When I lift him up and he beams with the biggest widest smile and then, and then, puts his little hands around my neck like a koala bear and he hangs there tightly, smiling and making all sorts of lovely cooing sounds while looking straight at me and touching my face with his fingers. The touch from those little hands from that little life around my neck. Nothing in life feels like it. Precious, unforgettable days of life.

That’s it, I’m getting pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm going to London tomorrow for my birthday weekend. 3 nights away with my bf AND I get to see my best friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm going to London tomorrow for my birthday weekend. 3 nights away with my bf AND I get to see my best friend!

^^Happy birthday!!

TH....having the best laugh in ages last night :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

KatW4 wrote: »

Happy bleedin birthday!

I went out to a work thing yesterday, only expected to stay 30 minutes, but found myself enjoying myself and stayed a bit later.

But I was even more happier when I realised I was home before 10 and that I'm comfortable with becoming an old man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That's a lovely post. Our first child, a girl, is now 5 months old. It's the most rewarding time in my life. It's the most demanding time also but by miles and miles the most rewarding. It's hard to describe but you done a pretty good job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

That’s it, I’m getting pregnant.

I dislike most children and his posts make me want a gang of them!

TA: I ordered clothes at 4 ish yesterday, they arrived today before 11!! :D

• Advertisement

I got referred to a new client a while back, who then referred to me another new client (gotta love them good feels!). But, what she was asking for just wasn't going to work and was going to cost her money with zero return. My conscience wouldn't let me just take her money for what would amount of fcuk all results (and easy money for me), so I got back to her and explained that she actually needed something else and it wouldn't be in her interests to pay someone to do what she wanted me to do. ANYWAY, she didn't really listen and still wants to pay me to do fcuk all, but hey - I tried - and now I'm making some extra easy money with a clear conscience.

WINNING. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

For someone who has always been interested in current affairs and has found a growing enjoyment in Talk Radio in recent years, the range of big stories this week from Brexit, to the Donald Trump reality show, to the Irish government goings on has been very entertaining.

We live in very interesting times. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I have an hour to go, then post work beers before train; carry out for train and then am away for the football tomorrow.

Look out for me in the TA thread Sunday reporting on the bad head!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just copped that as my username starts with a number I am first on thanks lists. Waited all my life to be no 1 at something , lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TH got my hair blow dried. I love swishy hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Jrop wrote: »
    TH got my hair blow dried. I love swishy hair

Aw that really is the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I did a deep clean of the house before the Toy Show and before the Christmas decorations go up. There isn't a speck of dust left and it feels so good :)

Now for some mulled wine and Christmas candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bought a kinder egg for my niece and forgot to give it to her.
    Better eat it afore it melts :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

When you think the bag of sweets is finished but when you look in there's one cowering in the corner! Nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When you get all the chocolate of a blue snack by nibbling at it.
    And I mean all of it, including top and bottom and not cracking the biscuit!

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    When you get all the chocolate of a blue snack by nibbling at it.
    And I mean all of it, including top and bottom and not cracking the biscuit!

Whoa whoa whoa a blue snack? Have i been missing out on something?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

heldel00 wrote: »

one of these? https://www.cadbury.ie/products/cadbury-snack-sandwich-14798

always thought there were purple myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

heldel00 wrote: »

Snack sandwich or maybe purple snack.
    When I was a kid,we would call the3 different snack bars, pink, yellow and blue.

6plpv6.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    Snack sandwich or maybe purple snack.
    When I was a kid,we would call the3 different snack bars, pink, yellow and blue.

6plpv6.jpg

That's a purple snack ya heathen!!!
    But I'll forgive you because you ate it following the correct "nibble all the chocolate off first" procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My big fat fluffy calico cat coming in out of the cold and planting herself on top of the storage heater.

Her young daughter is underneath swiping at her mother's tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Adults with manners

People saying hello

Hello Shemale, may i PLEASE see your man rod!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

So my boiler stopped working today but my dad called over and managed to adjust the water level and it's working again, hot showers and heating for me! Even more importantly though my missus is coming home for the weekend because it's her birthday on Sunday. I got a cake, sweets that she will love, balloons, a birthday banner, paper plates with tigers on them and napkins and happy birthday place mats, all ready to set up for her on Sunday. Now I just need to wrap her presents and write the card. I am so excited about spending the weekend with her, so excited!! The icing on the cake is that the IVs have kicked in and I am feeling so much better already :D

LadyMacBeth I seriously feel like we must have been besties in a previous life :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

So my boiler stopped working today but my dad called over and managed to adjust the water level and it's working again, hot showers and heating for me! Even more importantly though my missus is coming home for the weekend because it's her birthday on Sunday. I got a cake, sweets that she will love, balloons, a birthday banner, paper plates with tigers on them and napkins and happy birthday place mats, all ready to set up for her on Sunday. Now I just need to wrap her presents and write the card. I am so excited about spending the weekend with her, so excited!! The icing on the cake is that the IVs have kicked in and I am feeling so much better already :D

Should have called me Lady...I'm a plumber...I could have sorted out your boiler lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement