Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Pearse Station is cold, dark and my train is late

However there is a youngster here giving it socks on the piano that Irish rail installed for their long suffering customers

I wouldn’t say the child is technically brilliant but she is having a ball and a few around smiling at her jingle bells attempt :) she knows a few other tunes too

Pianos for all busy stations I say :)

Piano on the floor would be great craic!

article-1342196-0C9821F0000005DC-412_468x343.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I went for a check up at the hospital today. My lung function is up to 53%, one more week of IVs to go. You can't keep me down :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I went for a check up at the hospital today. My lung function is up to 53%, one more week of IVs to go. You can't keep me down :p

Up 5% ? That makes me happy :)

Aww you remembered! Yeah it was 48% when I started, hoping to get a few more % in the next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

48 to 53 is >10%

#mathlife :pac:
    (Congrats ladymacbeth)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a health screening today where they checked my bloods.

Blood Pressure - Awesome
    Cholesterol - Awesome
    Sugar - Awesome

And now I've just found donuts the missus bought.
    I love donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus, no, donuts, no, the missus both in equal amounts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    "Daddy or chips?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Musicians who create works of art time and time again, like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Saturday: Destination- Thomond Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Go you ! Pleased for you . Looked after CF babies all my working life . Maybe even you 😀

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Go you ! Pleased for you . Looked after CF babies all my working life . Maybe even you ��

Thank you. I'm very glad that there are people like you taking care of people like me. Wouldn't it be a lovely coincidence if you had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Getting home after a holiday. I love being away but I really love being home.

Thanks for the birthday wishes also! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Seeing my Mam who is elderly and not the best and hearing my Dad's woeful jokes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you. I'm very glad that there are people like you taking care of people like me. Wouldn't it be a lovely coincidence if you had :)

Just maybe we did meet and wouldn't that be fab ! But we got just as much back from little babies so we are evens !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got loads done at work. I really enjoy my job, it's not highly skilled or highly paid, but I love doing my best. I've had better paid easier work in the past and hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Picked out a random film on Netflix and it's pretty decent so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

madmaggie wrote: »
    I got loads done at work. I really enjoy my job, it's not highly skilled or highly paid, but I love doing my best. I've had better paid easier work in the past and hated it.

It's like a golden ticket if you can find a job like that. Hang onto it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Sorted my kids pressies out from santy and daddy.
    Broke now be eating rice and beans like them Im a celeb feckers till the end of January but it'll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sitting in a hotel restaurant at 7:07am having breakfast, and of course they’re playing their Christmas collection/playlist.....

......and then Run DMC comes on

Best. Christmas. Song. Ever.

I'm sitting here bopping away like a lunatic!
    (While also wishing I was sat down watching Die Hard)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

48 to 53 is >10%

#mathlife :pac:
    (Congrats ladymacbeth)

That is correct ! Boom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Brushing my teeth this morning, my daughter comes into the bathroom:

"Daddy, I've something important to tell you"

Then she roared

"LET CHRISTY TAKE IT!!!!"

and ran out of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Brushing my teeth this morning, my daughter comes into the bathroom:

"Daddy, I've something important to tell you"

Then she roared

"LET CHRISTY TAKE IT!!!!"

and ran out of the room.

wut?

wut?

It's a popular line from the movie 'My Left Foot' :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ordering a hot chocolate and getting an actual hot chocolate as opposed to a tepid cup of milky disgustingness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The mute button on my laptop

Bank approved my loan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Plowing into a box of After Eights by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I live with my sister. I went to the Lidl around the corner from our house on the way home from work earlier and when I came out I saw her car in the car park, so naturally I drew a huge cock snd balls on the bonnet. She came home about 15 minutes later going "Some little bastards drew a giant willy on my car in Lidl". I nearly wet myself laughing. Still laughing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Put 2e into the vending machine in work tonight as the chocolate craving was winning..took the change out and thought what a robbing fcuker getting only 70c back..went to take my purchase and there was 2 purple Yorkie's after dropping down..there is a God ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Off Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement