Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

It snowed a bit for a few minutes where I am. It melted quickly but the kids from the estate ran out onto the road screaming like they just won the lotto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Having a chocolate craving all day but no chocolate in the house and then remembering that I have hot chocolate :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having a chocolate craving all day but no chocolate in the house and then remembering that I have hot chocolate :D

Win!

Looking forward too my bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Been getting a lot more sleep lately after changing meds and feeling a lot better than I have in a long time. Been up at and my work early, getting stuff done, and just feeling more on top of things. I realised it properly the past week when everything just felt more manageable :) Maybe it's just a short run, but you never know, I'm going to roll with it while it lasts :)

Also, I have a yummy fruit crumble that I'm going to devour RIGHT NOW because I literally forgot to have dinner and this was dessert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Walked in to my bedroom in a hurry and kicked the leg of the bed. Hard. Really hard. So hard the bad moved an inch.

Why am I posting in this thread?

Because I had just put on my runners 10 seconds previously. I'd be on the way to casualty now if I had done that barefoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

No yard duty because of the show. Yay!!

And it's the weekend now. I'm so happy to be in my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

On a plane landing in Helsinki last night with a load of kids shouting 'snow, snow!'

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TH by looking at the hot wimmin threads, RAAAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I subscribe to Spotify the music streaming service. There are a few others, all do much the same

This week Spotify put together a playlist of all my most played tunes of 2017. I didn’t ask for it, just something they do.

I happily spent today listening to stuff I played hundreds of times but had not heard since before the summer

I guess it’s the 2017 equivalent of finding some favorite album in the attic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

You know those Maltesers that are in Celebrations???

Dunnes we selling an entire box of them for 7 euro. And 4 for 20 euro!!!!!

Nom x a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Told the guys at work that I was feeling under the weather so that I could get out of the Christmas party.

So instead of spending a loud and uncomfortable evening with a group of people that I barely know and have so few common interests that we'll just end up talking about work anyway, I'm comfy at home with a Dominos, plenty of snacks and Netflix. Great decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting a certificate in an awards ceremony today on completion of a course

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

branie2 wrote: »
    Getting a certificate in an awards ceremony today on completion of a course

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Brainy branie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The Crown is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Fussy "daughter" drove across the country yes, her b/f had broken up with her yes am and she was in tatters emotionally. She's a bit hyper about what she considers hygiene, so I was in a panic about where she could stay, as she has divergent views on dogs to boysib1. We were up half the night, her crying and raging and me trying to say nothing while being comforting. She finally cried herself to sleep in the early hours. At 10 am I find her and girl dog fast asleep in "her" hastily assembled bed(if she was on form, she would refuse to sleep in it), they both up now and its so heartening to see her sitting with the dog in her lap and talking about the future.

Was convinced that I had lost a valuable personal document on the streets yes, was highly anxious about it all day, looked all the likely places for it at least twice and lo and behold it turned up in the house, this am.

Got an email from boss boss to say I should put in for that promotion now(it will take years to be decided), despite having a cv ready to go and in a place, I wouldn't get it confused with my other cv's, It couldn't be found, downloaded the original again but there was a problem with its formatting, took me two days, but I got that sorted and now I have it all ready to go, phew!

Bet the original will turn up now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Why "daughter", is she not actually your daughter? Very confusing.

I'm happy because it's nap time.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why "daughter", is she not actually your daughter? Very confusing.

I'm happy because it's nap time.

I've been asked that before, its what we call each other on social media, so it doesn't cause conflict with their bio mums.

I'm even more confused now!

I'm even more confused now!
    At risk of getting a slap from mod for not doing a ta/th, but I hate communication confusion.

* Not all children in the world grow up with their biological parents, some grow up with extended family or people who foster or adopt them. That in our opinion doesn't make them any less "son's/s or daughter's/s" to those people.

But sometimes their biological family have issues with those using the term son/daughter as the children in question are not the bio children of the people using the term.

• Advertisement

Does adding the quotes avoid the conflict?

Does adding the quotes avoid the conflict?

As the youngsters involved proposed and use them, I say it does.

It's quite a cold day and my dog hasn't left my side on the sofa and he's lovely and warm!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I pee my dog comes too and sits on my foot
    When I shower my dogs sit outside hitting the glass with their paws
    They lick my legs dry after the shower
    They bark at me when I ask them questions
    They give me kisses if I ask for kisses
    They lay outside the door of whatever room I'm gone into

Everytime I am sad they make me happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

That feeling shortly after taking codeine, when the pain starts melting away and I start feeling slightly warm and fuzzy.

RayM wrote: »
    That feeling shortly after taking codeine, when the pain starts melting away and I start feeling slightly warm and fuzzy.

I like to think it's a reward for the waterboarding you endure from the staff in Boots when ordering Nurofen plus!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I like to think it's a reward for the waterboarding you endure from the staff in Boots when ordering Nurofen plus!!!!

"Have you tried Nurofen Express?"

"No, is there codeine in it?"

"No"

"That'll be why I haven't tried it then"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Th..Had to wake the 7yo and the lunatic 4 yo was watching YouTube beside me in the bed snuggled up.
    They're full of breakfast now ,have to figure out what to do this miserable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Booked airline tickets to the USA yesterday (Saturday), 2 weeks with friends in Houston next May. I tracked the prices for a week before booking, and the outbound flights were €150 more expensive on Friday and €150 more expensive today. So while I probably didn't get the absolute cheapest flights possible, I think I've avoided the worst price fluctuations, and got flights very close to the ideal. (Straight to the USA from Dublin, so I can use US immigration preclearance here, while on the way back it's my first flight in an Airbus A380, something I've long wanted to experience.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

2 cups of tea into the Sunday morning and halfway through Miracle on 34th Street.

Currently on 17th street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement