Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

:D
    Bob Geldof 'disgusted' as Dublin City Council accepts Freedom award he handed back

http://www.thejournal.ie/bob-geldof-disgusted-dublin-freedom-3751784-Dec2017/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

bur wrote: »

TH - when spoofers have their bluff called big time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TH at the person who stopped and waited to let me cross the other lane after the egghead TA i referred to was roaring like a stuck pig out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Messaged my friend to see if she's around for Christmas, and she replied "I was just thinking about you" :)

I'm wearing my Santy hat. Fcuk the grinch who wanted to meet at 4pm, am going drinking at 2!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in Dunnes there buying those mini party food things, one pack had mini vol-au-vents. The guy at the check out who was scanning them starting singing "vol-au-vent for Christmas is youuuu"..

anna080 wrote: »
    I was in Dunnes there buying those mini party food things, one pack had mini vol-au-vents. The guy at the check out who was scanning them starting singing "vol-au-vent for Christmas is youuuu"..

Right you - get here and clean my screen now!!!!

Pepsi spat all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Went to town for 3 hours this morning and got the majority of my Christmas shopping done..I'm absolutely delighted because I had nothing bought up to now and started to feel a bit panicky last night about it.

Also a woman in one shop knocked a fiver off something just to even it up with a similar item I was buying..thrilled because they are for 2 of my best friends and I like to spend the same amount on them so there's no perceived favouritism lol.

Also a large group of school children and their teacher were singing Christmas hymns and one little guy did a solo with a tin whistle..so cute and even cuter when he got some notes wrong.

Feels weird to be this happy and dare I say Christmassy...I must be sick or something ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I helped a stranger this morning. First she cried, then gave me a hug. I think she was happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It's Friday, and I'm indoors, warm and cosy, with a cup of coffee.
    Trivial things that make me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

madmaggie wrote: »
    I helped a stranger this morning. First she cried, then gave me a hug. I think she was happy!

Something similar happened me today with a woman that I sort of know and chat to the odd time. She was telling me about her recent ill health and her son is not well either. I felt so bad for her because I could see she was trying not to cry. I hope I gave her some comfort with being able to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The granddaughters have just arrived with their photos with Santa.
    Big beams on their faces.
    "He said we were very good".
    "Yipee, no coal for us.".

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

madmaggie wrote: »

She cried because you stood on her in-grown toenail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That lady had lost her ATM card, I happened to find it, and then found her. I don't know which of us was happiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

This article in the dailymail. Dogs are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to dodge an assessment I just don't understand, I took down some boxes, they had some gifts from the girls, plush toys/pj cases and the like. Long forgotten about by me and them. Sent photos and got the all clear. A handful of grown-up cuddlies on their way to the women's shelter next week. I can just see the kids faces now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi this evening in the cinema. It was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Walking out works door at 430 today knowing I am off now till 2nd Jan! Oh hell yes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Watching The Last Jedi..... for the second time today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Sitting in a nice warm house drinking tea......and watching The Force Awakens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Drinking wine on an empty stomach and drunk texting. This won't end well!

Cbyrd your little man is just gorgeous! So so glad that he's doing better. And I know you're taken but that's a pity, Mr Cbyrd is a lucky man :p

How much wine have you had ... cbyrd is in a different thread :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

How much wine have you had ... cbyrd is in a different thread :D:D

Oh crap. Obviously too much :D

Will move my post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will move my post!!
    You're a wee bit dwunk Lady :D

Will move my post!!

Aww, it's ok it give me a TH moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Today outside the supermarket I saw a liittle old lady struggling to get her shopping bag out of the trolly. She was in her 80' (At least) Her shopping bag was one of those ones with the wheels and she had put in the trolly full of shoping and was struggling to get it back out. She was struggling to lift it so I stopped and asked if she wanted help.
    She said thanks but no "I got this" And she did. It made me happy to see her do that.

Just on way home from works Xmas drinks.

Very drunks but TH!!!!

See yous in the TA thread in the morning for the inevitable hangover!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finally in bed. Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    Watching The Last Jedi..... for the second time today :)

Now that I've seen the movie I popped over to the boards review thread.

I didn't realise it was a shít movie I was supposed to hate it - lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

3 lads from online want to meet me over the Weekend! 3! :D I'm interested in meeting the 3 of them too. Don't know what I'm going to do now. :/

• Advertisement

3 lads from online want to meet me over the Weekend! 3! :D I'm interested in meeting the 3 of them too. Don't know what I'm going to do now. :/

Meet us all :D

Packages early on a Saturday morning... pressies you don't expect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement