Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Late night chats with my friend of 25 years. No awkwardness, no subject off limits. Being able to say things to each other that we'd never say aloud elsewhere.

I've one of them for coming up 20 years this year. Awesome it is!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Great weekend in Dub with the ex.

London in 2 weeks, then Paris after another week and again end of Jan!

Soccer/Theatre
    Rugby
    Rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Great weekend in Dub with the ex.

London in 2 weeks, then Paris after another week and again end of Jan!

Soccer/Theatre
    Rugby
    Rugby

Perfect!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That it's a week to Christmas Day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

branie2 wrote: »
    That it's a week to Christmas Day

I bought Jesus a Nintendo.

• Advertisement

A few more days to go before I see most of my immediate family! Five more days and I get Granny hugs, sibling hugs and niece and nephew hugs. Four more days and I get Mum and Dad hugs, three more days before holidays.

I'm so excited, I could pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

those political cartoons/caricatures that perfectly capture the mood/feeling on a particular issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Some toddler was having an absolute meltdown on the tube this morning. Yelling her little lungs off and lying on the ground thumping her fists while her poor distraught mother tried to calm her down. Some unlikely young chap in a sharp suit looking very important started playing peek-a-boo with her from across the carriage, so the tantrum turned into a giggle and then a laughing fit. It was the cutest thing to see. :)

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I bought Jesus a Nintendo.

I bought him Apple AirPods to go with his iPhone X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got some crimbo shopping done, posted my cards and stocked up on cheapo booze. I have some few pieces left to get but feeling chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I bought him Apple AirPods to go with his iPhone X

You should have got him a claw hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Gary Numan is older than Gary Oldman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Out walking today and a little squirrel sat right in front of us chomping on a nut . He was not moving for anyone until he got that nut safely in his gob

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that my last full day of the year is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Christmas shopping finally all done. Cards ready to be posted tomorrow. Just need to wrap presents and I'm ready to go. My wife is coming home on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited, I keep listening to "All I want for Christmas is you" and "Driving home for Christmas" and thinking of her like the soppy idiot I am. She is definitely my present this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was explaining to my class that we were going to sing for some nuns in the convent today and they were very old so we had to be nice and quiet. A little girl piped up "oh teacher I love Dunnes... I can't wait to sing there" haha! My accent must be shocking if she heard Dunnes from the nuns :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Christmas shopping finally all done. Cards ready to be posted tomorrow. Just need to wrap presents and I'm ready to go. My wife is coming home on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited, I keep listening to "All I want for Christmas is you" and "Driving home for Christmas" and thinking of her like the soppy idiot I am. She is definitely my present this year.

Your an oul softie Lady lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My boyfriend not only did the food shopping while I was at work today, he bought all of my favourite treats too.
    Major brownie points in the bag for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Touched, every member of staff has reached out to me today, nice to be appreciated by them...little smile on my face now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Only two days to go in work and I am done !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Was messaging a guy online, and was telling him that I'm looking up Phones as I need to get a new one. Chatting away anyway, and he asked me if I bought him a Christmas pressie and I told him of course I did, and I asked him the same and he said he did and that it's something big and hard, and I told him how thoughtful of him for buying me a new Phone that I wanted. :D:D:pac::o Thought it was in-genius of me anyway.. :D

League of Gentlemen is back!!!

Funny story:
    Bro advising niece to use Vicks for a cold
    Me: Put it on the base of your feet
    Sis: You mean the soles
    Me: Oh, I dont have a soul :D
    (Laughter) #GoodTimes

Pate on toast with a cup of tea, hmmmm.

Gimme some! Now!

TH that one of my bosses in my relatively new job told me that I'm a ray of sunshine and am an asset to our department. :)

She probably only said that because she drinks tea and I'm always making tea. I'd like anyone who kept bringing me tea too!

Still, I've a big head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Aw man.

Sunday I'll get a bowl of my mams pate and Monday I'll acquire another bowl.

She only makes it once a year and everyone goes mad for it. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I am going to buy supervalu out of pate tomorrow.....look what you have started lmb!!

TH to meet fellow pate addicts, most of my friends and family think I'm gross for liking it, they just have inferior palates! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

Only two days to go in work and I am done !!!!
    Same here. Got an android box and don't know what to do with it. PM any ideas. Meanwhile two days to freedom yipeee!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement