Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

7iig7so0zf1y.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

WooHoo have decided on Phone! I want to get a Nokia 8 but will have to plump for Nokia 5 but it'll do the job shure. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

A hot cup of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Logo wrote: »
    Same here. Got an android box and don't know what to do with it. PM any ideas. Meanwhile two days to freedom yipeee!

I am the same no idea what to do with myself I have a pile of video games to play and I am like where do I start !!!.

But on the plus side I should have the dog me and my girlfirend are reasceing on Friday!!!. Just hope our own little guy likes him !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Despite feeling like crap yesterday I got up and went to see star wars, what a fantastic film! Also I saw a tuxedo kitty perched up on a window looking down on all the peasants :D whenever I hear someone say tuxedo cat I automatically think of a kitty in a tuxedo :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Doggies putting on a nativity :D

25398790_1653641624674935_960770692441933825_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6a27d7438b54e3691cc57c53b47b2024&oe=5AB1A5D2

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

The Despicable Me Fart Blaster... I can't go past it in a shop without pulling the trigger a few times.

Couldn't give a sh*t (no pun intended) that I'm a 40 something woman who should know better but it cracks me up....every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Ande1975 that made me snort with laughter. Im 41 going on 15

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ande1975 wrote: »
    The Despicable Me Fart Blaster... I can't go past it in a shop without pulling the trigger a few times.

Couldn't give a sh*t (no pun intended) that I'm a 40 something woman who should know better but it cracks me up....every time!

Best one is when you leave it down and it goes off on its own!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 TheWarmNights

I like my own company.

I’m in Starbucks a while now, browsing on Boards and listening to Spotify.

It’s good to unwind and watch the world go by. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was explaining to my class that we were going to sing for some nuns in the convent today and they were very old so we had to be nice and quiet. A little girl piped up "oh teacher I love Dunnes... I can't wait to sing there" haha! My accent must be shocking if she heard Dunnes from the nuns :P

I love this! Just picturing the child thinking, oh this doesn't look like the Dunnes I usually go to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The younger brother and his girlfriend came home for Christmas. They weren't due till the middle of January. Great surprise for the parents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

My favourite tool is a reciprocating saw.

But I really love it because of one its names - a Sawzall! Because it saws-all.
    I just love it. Brilliant!

Being off til Dec 27 (except it’s cos I’m unwell :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The 5 year old granddaughter as the angel in a Nativity Play today. Sweet and hilarious at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Doggies putting on a nativity :D

25398790_1653641624674935_960770692441933825_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6a27d7438b54e3691cc57c53b47b2024&oe=5AB1A5D2
    this is the trivial thing that made me happy , well a little smile anyway. Not usually a fan of dressed up animals , but i thought the all looked pi..ed off apart from the one [retriever ?] at the back . He seems to be enjoying it . the little black spaniel could be my own fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

this is the trivial thing that made me happy , well a little smile anyway. Not usually a fan of dressed up animals , but i thought the all looked pi..ed off apart from the one [retriever ?] at the back . He seems to be enjoying it . the little black spaniel could be my own fella
    I have three little maltese/bichon cross dogs. When I got them neutered they didn't like the plastic cones. I got some baby vests and cut a hole for their tails and they looked absolutely adorable, plus they were a lot more comfortable :D

I'm with you and wouldn't dress me dogs up everyday but sometimes it's so cute. When I got my first two dogs it was christmas week and I was in PetWorld getting all their essentials and it was like having two living teddies. The staff let me dress them up in christmas outfits (wouldn't buy them in a fit at €20 a pop) and we all took a load of pictures which are adorable.

When I bought my third puppy, I met the lady and she had a pram for her dogs. At first I thought it was a converted child's pram but no, apparently you can buy prams specifically to walk your dogs in :eek: I could understand for older dogs who may have disabilities but there was nothing wrong with the dog she was showing me - it was a sister from an older litter. Each to their own I suppose but as long as my dogs can walk, they will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Speaking of my precious trio, they have been in the dog house (har har) for the last few months because they managed to get hold of my glasses and absolutely mangled them :rolleyes: Normally it's my parrot Charlie who descimated my keyboard who gets the blame for everything but I'm pretty sure the Fluffies are to blame for my glasses.

I haven't had a chance to replace them because I'm not on great money and there is always something else that needs paying. My younger sister told me that she wanted to give me a Christmas present of €100 towards a new laptop as she knows I'm saving up for a new one. I've been helping her out recently but never expected anything back in return (it wasn't financial) but she insists. I asked her could she get me a Specsavers voucher rather than give me money towards a laptop as I can't buy one now and I'd probably only spend the money on bills/food.

She agreed and I've booked an appointment for this Saturday. My eyesight is so bad I'm reading boards at 150% I can't wait to have normal vision!. Thank you little sis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Someone replied to one of my forum posts (not Boards) with an unnecessarily aggressive response. I called him out on it, and he apologised. What an unexpected civil surprise - I expected to be dragged into an argument with a hot headed troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

Tis the season....

You know when you've had a heavy weekend on the drink with party followed by party followed by Sunday pints..

Then Monday is horrendous. Busy with deadlines but barely able to keep your eyes open nor able to keep the contents of your stomach down.

17:30:01 you're outta there. Bed. Takeaway. Movie. Incredible feeling

The 5 year old granddaughter as the angel in a Nativity Play today. Sweet and hilarious at times.

I was at my nephew's nativity play. And some young lad was the star the magi followed in the infants play.

He had no lines, but stole the show with his impressive "sparkling" (stretching out his hands and legs real far) when the magi had to follow it. The whole audience loved it!

‪Why wasn’t I told about nasal wash sooner! It’s awesome- if a bit manky to apply!‬

Weighing less than 100kg!

(Which means I was def over the last while!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'm letting my 'tash grow and it looks just as ridiculous as I'd hoped! :P

Last day in work, was supposed to be in tomorrow but was told not to bother and have an extra day.

Don't mind if I do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

‪Why wasn’t I told about nasal wash sooner! It’s awesome- if a bit manky to apply!‬
    Weighing less than 100kg!

(Which means I was def over the last while!)

Bloody Hell! What was up your nose? a couple of cannonballs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The dog from next door decided to spend the afternoon at my house. I don't blame her, she knows I'm a soft ould eejit, and always good for treats and lots of chat. I reluctantly brought her home at around 5 o'clock. I can see this becoming a regular event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Deadline for pre Christmas delivery of standard post within Ireland was December 20th

I got into Dublin’s GPO about 5:15 and the place was packed. Saw two cheery An Post workers emptying a locker for “all Ireland except Dublin” and I handed my two letters directly to them, deadline met :cool:

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Deadline for Christmas Eve delivery of standard post within Ireland was December 20th

I got into Dublin’s GPO about 5:15 and the place was packed. Saw two cheery An Post workers emptying a locker for “all Ireland except Dublin” and I handed my two letters directly to them, deadline met :cool:

There is no Christmas Eve delivery. The last day is Sat Dec 23 and starts again Thursday 28th

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/Mobile/ChristmasChannel/Christmas+Postal+Dates.htm#mail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement