Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

BBDBB wrote: »
    Bloody Hell! What was up your nose? a couple of cannonballs!!!

Felt like about 4kg of snot tbf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There is no Christmas Eve delivery. The last day is Sat Dec 23 and starts again Thursday 28th

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/Mobile/ChristmasChannel/Christmas+Postal+Dates.htm#mail

Ooops I meant the Saturday delivery so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Getting Christmas cards and delivery of an online order through the letterbox this morning. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Off to see Santa with my class. They are so excited, it's very cute!

My 2nd echo arrived today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A nice double chicken fillet burger with chips for lunch after being in the pub last night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not trival at all but I am thrilled to read that Orla Tinsley( The CF campaigner ) has had her lung transplant and is in recovery now . I wish her well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Milkshakes

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

After eight weeks of constant exams, they are finally over!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I work in the English Market in Cork, you'd have a lot of "characters" knocking around there, ranging from harmless auld craythurs to scary c*nts.

One of my favourites of those regulars is this guy John, he's in his sixties, was in the army for years, on the pension now but can't sit at home so he goes in to town, out to Douglas, and just goes around talking to people working in shops. He's had enough of talking to men because of the army so he mostly talks to the women, he's had cancer and a few other health problems so he's no teeth and half a tongue, it can be difficult to understand him but he's so worth talking to, really interesting life. Around three every day he comes by for a chat.

The three of us in my place of work wanted to give him something for Christmas, he can't chew so there was no use giving him stuff from the shop (chocolate). He'd mentioned he liked a certain type of (very cheap) beer, we ran out and got him cans of it and put gift wrapping from the shop on them. Just a little jokey cheap "it's the thought that counts" present.

I don't think I've ever gotten a better reaction to a Christmas present! He was so touched, even to get the bag, and then he came back about an hour later obviously after he'd looked to see what it was shaking all our hands and saying "well I knew ye were good people anyway but now I have the proof of it, how did ye know I like these, god bless ye! etc"

Filing that under lovely Christmas memories, just from a not-even-customer I know from a shop! :)

That ^^ is so lovely. So nice of you and your colleagues, and he was chuffed I am sure that someone got him a present. That is real Christmas spirit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The cat sleeping on my lap. It instantly makes me feel happy.

Filing that under lovely Christmas memories, just from a not-even-customer I know from a shop! :)

That brought tears to my eyes, EB. You're lovely people.

After eight weeks of constant exams, they are finally over!!

I have to ask what course are you doing! Eight weeks of constant exams?
    Glad they are over for you anyway.

Candie wrote: »
    That brought tears to my eyes, EB. You're lovely people.

Same here. I would thank your post EB, a few times over, if I could. What a lovely thing to do.

My mam's cancer support group had Xmas meet up yesterday. She asked me to call by as she had to give me something.

While there I bought some raffle tickets, put her name on them, she won a box of Chocolate Mikado, and was delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Finished all of my Xmas shopping! Now... let the wrapping begin....

My mam's cancer support group had Xmas meet up yesterday. She asked me to call by as she had to give me something.

While there I bought some raffle tickets, put her name on them, she won a box of Chocolate Mikado, and was delighted!

That is so lovely. Little things mean a lot. All the best to your Mam and you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

A Cool Swan on the rocks. Such a yummy drink! When you get it to just the perfect coolness when some ice has melted. Yum.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That is so lovely. Little things mean a lot. All the best to your Mam and you.

Tks she means the world to me. Mam says I’m lucky in draws etc, I said it’s her name on it so she must be lucky too. She was genuinely delighted to win something

I ♥️ my Echo Dots

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Had loads of old stale bread so took it to the ducks ( not white bread before I get shouted at ) . They saw us coming and surrounded us and actually ate from our hands . We held a full slice and they chomped on it . When it was all gone we walked on with six ducks following behind us in a neat line ! We passed a mum and two little kids who looked at us in awe . !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Plodding around the kitchen drinking tea and making breakfast the house is full again, the older kids have returned from college for Christmas I am so content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Holidaaaaaaaaaaaays

No work for a couple weeks

Friends home from all over the world. Catch up tonight. Happy happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A good 13 hour sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

it's Friday and I am ready to party

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It's Friday and I am ready to party

Daidí na Nollag, my hero. No more rebellion from the little one. This is just one big holiday, sleeping through the night each night for the past fortnight. Doesn't want to go to bed? Well, is that the elves I hear in the sky - you do know they go around and check all girls are in bed before 8pm? All rebellion ends instantly. Massive run up to bed in the funniest (but deadly serious) bed time ever. This morning she wanted to be carried out to the car for crèche and went into another stand of resistance but all I had to say is 'An gcloiseann tú na tuathghinte sa spéir?' and off with her out the door ar nós na gaoithe ag feachaint ar an spéir. I wish it could be Christmas next week all year round!

Also, the young fella behind the till in Woodies in Carrickmines last week. I had been talking with the kids in the Irish as we approached the till, changed into English to talk to him and he started talking to me in Irish. Impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Th that the wolleyness from yesterday has cleared and I'm back(ish) to myself. I'm a simple creature really.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement