Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just won a hamper in the gift raffle at work!

I think the last thing I won was a plastic moneybox in playschool. I'm delirah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I just won a hamper in the gift raffle at work!

I think the last thing I won was a plastic moneybox in playschool. I'm delirah!

"Make it so DH wins the raffle. It might make her forget about the salary negotiations."

Now I'm not saying this is a conspiracy, but this is a god damn conspiracy. Don't forget your worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Pulling a sickie for the Christmas lunch I was invited to this afternoon, it's with my colleagues that I used to work with, lovely people but nothing in common. Couldn't be bothered to sit through the tedium. Sometimes CF comes in handy :pac: I am sending on wine, cards and a secret santa present to alleviate any feelings of guilt and I will spend the afternoon blissfully alone and wrapping Christmas presents and listening to Christmas songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Finishing today in my temp job nothing lined up. then I get a call about work in January woo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It can be a busy and stressful time for retail workers but its good to see them smiling and laughing at themselves... especially when they've just asked you if you wanted a gift receipt for the christmas crackers you are buying! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Arsenal v Liverpool on the telly box tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The woman at checkout in Lidl with a small lorry load of groceries giving me the go ahead to skip her in the queue.
    G'wan ya good thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People remembering that I'm coeliac, and going to the trouble of getting in gluten free goodies for me. Now that is being thoughtful.

Also watching doggie sprawled out on her new bed, letting out a sigh of pure contentment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Two free transfers in the fantasy football :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The excitment from my friend as he runs around shopping for food and gifts . Especially happy to see it as its his first ever Christmas in his new house after his mutual separation in the summer.:D:)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 TheWarmNights

I’m having pints with my OH.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just booked flights to Rome as a Christmas surprise for my boyfriend.
    Currently sat on the rug in front of the telly, wrapping the last few Christmas pressies watching Deck The Halls on Rte.
    Also TH by boxes that are perfectly square, get such satisfaction out of wrapping those!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

Lovely nostalgia from childhood.

Was driving home with my family in the dark. I taught my children to play a game that my parents taught me.

Anyone on the right side of the car, counts the Christmas trees they see in houses on the right side of the road. Anyone on the left, counts how many Christmas trees they see on that side of the road.

The winner is who has the most Christmas trees on their side of the road.

Such innocent fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My daughter is on a flight home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

funtimes & football :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

A supplier I deal with in work rang me last week asking for my home address as she wanted to sent me a Chrisfmas card.
    Received it this morning and there was a €50 all for one voucher inside too. So generous and unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My renovations are nearly complete (snag list and groundwork to be completed). We've moved back in and I'm thrilled with it. It's better than I had imagined.

The Christmas tree is up, there's gifts for our nearest and dearests. I'm cooking Christmas Dinner and I'm (dare I say it) ahead of myself in the prep.

While Chrimbo shopping I picked up two tops on sale :-) for me. And I've lost weight. Double TH

Despite the stress and hassle of 2017 it has been good to us and I'm looking forward to 2018.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got my resuce Chihuahua.

He is the nicest dog I have ever seen he is fully grown and is smaller then my shoe and just loves a cuddle.

Getting a resure dog makes you happy inside as you know you will make a dogs life :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

All the young lads with the floppy brow hair styles. They've only a few years before genetics will kick in and they'll no longer have the option.
    Enjoy it while you can boys.

• Advertisement

Good grief the resistance is not what it used to be.

I thought it would be nice to mix a little lemon with some rum and honey. Although I'm lucid and autocorrect is telling me if I make any mistakes while typing, I am absolutely out of my box.

My brain is two seconds behind my eyes. Nice warm feeling though so that's my TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

I thought it would be nice to mix a little lemon with some rum and honey. Although I'm lucid and autocorrect is telling me if I make any mistakes while typing, I am absolutely out of my box.

My brain is two seconds behind my eyes. Nice warm feeling though so that's my TH.[/QUOTE]
    Try Lemsip and Sudafed, give it an hour..
    Off your cheann..great combination !

Muppet Christmas Carol

Character.beanmcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    The woman at checkout in Lidl with a small lorry load of groceries giving me the go ahead to skip her in the queue.
    G'wan ya good thing!!!

Same thing happened me again yesterday!
    I then helped the lady put her groceries on the conveyor belt.
    Then I turned and helped another lady in front of me with her groceries.
    Expect 2 old ladies to pop up here to tell of the Adonis like stranger that made them TH. :D
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was in the shopping centre today and I met my best friends brother in a shop. He said she was in the shop too!! She only got home for Christmas this morning. It absolutely made my day to see her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A few THs. Four weddings and funeral is on RTE 2 in a few minutes. my all time favourite film.

Two different neighbours, who never called in before, came with goodies this evening.

I was able to help a lady with a sick little boy earlier, using my very basic first aid skills.

All in all, a good Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas to all the TH gang.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

It’s Christmas day, I’m wet.

It’s Christmas day, I’m wet.

The greatest words ever spoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Sky sports news, Natalie Sawyer in a sexy Santa outfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My little daughter who has a life threatening disability just sent me a message on Messenger asking me if we could go downstairs to see what Santy brought. She has had a very tough year and I thought she might have been back in hospital for the big day.

I was told she would never talk or walk or do anything but here she is sending me text messages. My heart is going to melt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement