Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

National Lampoons Christmas vacation on the telly box Christmas morning. Perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

National Lampoons Christmas vacation on the telly box Christmas morning. Perfect.

Classic !
    But I've visitors arriving since 10....so TV is a definite no-no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seeing my niece and nephew with the Christmas presents that I bought them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Knine wrote: »
    My little daughter who has a life threatening disability just sent me a message on Messenger asking me if we could go downstairs to see what Santy brought. She has had a very tough year and I thought she might have been back in hospital for the big day.

I was told she would never talk or walk or do anything but here she is sending me text messages. My heart is going to melt.

Oh you sod!

Chopping onions on Christmas!

I hope santy was good to her ( and to you)

G’wan wee knine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

My nephew singing along to Ed Sheeran’s Galway Girl, wearing my new AirPods! ♥️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My nephews playing with the fake moustaches I got them for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Glen Campbell CD dad got playing after dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My nephews playing with the fake moustaches I got them for Christmas

It's fake rats here. Nearly got the fright of my life :/

TH one of the younglings from my family is so cute and dainty when pouring me out a cup of air with her little tea set :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing jenga with My little cousins :) and running around the house going mad with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So I'm at work today and I work with vulnerable people who are going through difficult times. I brought in a few bits of food because as usual I bought too much so we sat around watching Top Of The Pops and eating crap.

One of the ladies came up to me about an hour ago crying, she gave me a hug and thanked me for making her day a bit more bearable and a bit more like a 'proper' Christmas.

You can never underestimate the impact a small kindness will have on someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Christmas dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Family dinner sorted & guests gone.

Tae, couch & rubbish TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Some of ye may remember I was in the TA thread worrying about my OH's Christmas present, I didn't think what I'd gotten was good enough considering his gift to me is a weekend away.

Well judging from his texts today when he opened it, he's delighted with the few bits I got him :) they're all things I know well he will use. Can't wait to chat to him on the phone later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ham :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I have to ask what course are you doing! Eight weeks of constant exams?
    Glad they are over for you anyway.

Medical Science, I didn't see your reply til now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sharing a bottle of Jameson with the grandfather. I'm feeling it at the moment and I know I'll feel it worse in the morning but sure how many more times will I get to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Snuggled up in bed . Bliss .
    And looking forward to tomorrows cold turkey with mash potatoes , beans and picallili

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

No ad breaks during programmes on RTÉ on Christmas Day. ET and The Field straight through, bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Cricket starting at a normal-ish time and no work for a week. Call me nocturnal!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

dogs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Sharing a bottle of Jameson with the grandfather. I'm feeling it at the moment and I know I'll feel it worse in the morning but sure how many more times will I get to do this?

Hear hear. Moments like those are worth a lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Stephens day sales today!!!.

But it's not about the sales at all. Its something me and my dad do every Stephens day for the past 10 plus years.

We go enjoy coffee somewhere have dinner out in the afternoon and just have a proper catch up.

No bull just proper father and son time enjoying our selfs as who knows every year could be the last one. Just spending time with my dad makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I discovered that Milk Tray are gluten free. This is absolutely true, I spent two whole days doing intensive research to prove this theory. There's about 4 left in the box.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I discovered that Milk Tray are gluten free. This is absolutely true, I spent two whole days doing intensive research to prove this theory. There's about 4 left in the box.

I bow to your dedication to the scientific method!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting on couch and dogs fighting over who sits next to me. Had to put one each side of me so I got snuggles from all directions

Sitting on couch and dogs fighting over who sits next to me. Had to put one each side of me so I got snuggles from all directions

Mine is currently chasing something in his sleep and kicking the crap out of me on the sofa! I don't care, he's happy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Pac1Man wrote: »

This makes me happy. Surely that is Post of the Day right there. :)

Watching Judge Judy absolutely eviscerate some gobsh1te who has taken thousands from a woman he pretended to be in love with.

So far his contribution to the debate has been a series of "whuhhh??" and grunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Watching Judge Judy absolutely eviscerate some gobsh1te who has taken thousands from a woman he pretended to be in love with.

So far his contribution to the debate has been a series of "whuhhh??" and grunts.

Ummm is not an answer!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ummm is not an answer!

Put your hand down!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement