Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

Saying goodbye to my 7 month old this morning before I headed off for my first day of post-Christmas work. He got excited when I hunkered down next to him and attempted his first ever crawl to get over to me...only thing was he ended up going backwards and wound up under the couch. My wife came into the room to find me on the floor crying with laughter, and she then spotted the little fella's laughing face poking out from underneath the couch. She thought for a second I must have put him there, until I explained about the unintentional reversing manoeuvre. The 3 of us were in hysterics by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Handy day in work today, finished in 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Vela wrote: »
    I love when you meet someone you have that instant connection with - when you just know you'll be real friends for a long time.

That happened to me today, and it was ****ing great.

Before Christmas I had a long complicated query with a customer service person I was calling, I mentioned that things had to be done in a specific way as the customer has dementia and would have a meltdown with fear if things aren't done that particular way.

Instead of the usual "computer says" response, she understood completely and was able to streamline the process to suit exactly. So lovely to find someone who understood without having to explain every tiny detail to them. Realy does make ppl's day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

My dad telling me dad jokes on the phone:

"I think I'm addicted to placebos. I want to give them up but it wouldn't make much difference"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Christmas done and dusted. Now we are about to be pummelled into submission by the florist, mini-break and jewellery cartels for a couple of months.

Whoops! meant to put this in TA. Hope I haven't made anyone TA'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I see the best before date on something is my birthday :). Get a life, Cat !!

73Cat wrote: »
    When I see the best before date on something is my birthday :). Get a life, Cat !!

Same, its Milk week now!

London Tomorrow!
    Arsenal v Chelsea Tomorrow
    Dreamgirls Thursday
    (Maybe Hamilton if I get tickets!)
    Ex Friday
    Chill Saturday
    Fly home Sunday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Had the happiest, warmest, most lovely and wonderful Christmas ever, so much joy and happiness (and drunkenness!) with family and friends, something sorely needed after a tough few months recently. I even kissed someone, which even two weeks ago seemed like a laughable idea having come through an absolute shyte of a break-up. Also didn't gain a pound over Christmas despite eating absolutely everything in sight for almost two weeks now. Even stuffing my face as I type. Slimmer now that I've been in years and usually gain weight at the drop of a hat. Good job metabolism! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Handy day in work today, finished in 15 minutes

I read that and thought "NollagShona got a day's work done in 15 minutes". These Benylin Day and Night tablets have the head messed up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A poster with the name 'im ok hun'. heheheheheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

madmaggie wrote: »
    I read that and thought "NollagShona got a day's work done in 15 minutes". These Benylin Day and Night tablets have the head messed up. :D

So did I and I didnt realise I was wrong til I read your post :o

TA i had my alarm set early for the gym. Can't do it. Will go tonight when it'll prob be jammed with New Years resolutioners bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Very TH today. Roaring fire going, casserole bubbling away in the oven, the snotty head is significantly less snotty, ah yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm TH that I'm finally getting around to watching Love Actually this Christmas.

I've been sick for a few days and I'm feeling much better today.

Myself and my mum are off out to get food this evening instead of cooking.

And to finish it off, I have a cinema date with my bf later. Can't wait to see him :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My dad was standing in the door way of the kitchen so I sneaked up behind him and said "Hello!" and he freaked out "Oh jesus christ boi"

Cue me howling with laughter :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH Looking at code I wrote from about two years ago when I had a java module on a different I.T Course, at this stage in the course I was sooo behind I didn't have a clue what was going on and now reading it I can see what the program does and I can understand it :Dalmost..... :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Cup of Tea after a b**tard of a day.

Being at Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea

Ding dong match

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Just back from a great trip to London. On the flight over my friend and I managed to blag free wine from the air host.
    Everyone is so friendly over there too, even though my friend who’s lived there for 7 years says they’re not. Great place, looking forward to going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I saw two squirrels scampering around and up some trees on my way home :)

• Advertisement

Waiting to go into Dreamgirls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My brother and fiancé just moved into their first home. They're exhausted but I'm so happy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had to drive by my ex's house, and 1 of my cats was standing at the gate. I haven't seen any of them in about 7 months. She started to run but I called out her name and she stopped and looked at me. She ran away again but I am so happy to see she was safe and alive. I can't stop crying but in a good way because I finally got to see 1 of them after so long.

Dreamgirls was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Dreamgirls was brilliant

Would love to have seen that. We watched Wicked while in London last week. It was very good, but even just the experience if a live stage show is magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The noise of the hot crispy toast as i spread real butter on it, and a cup of piping hot tea.

On the way home from a briefing, Looks like my new course (android app development ) is going ahead Monday week! Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Made some changes to my "Home office" on NYE, heartwarming to see the dogs find their own space in it and settle in like they, unlike me, own the place.

TH, the look on terrier's face when she sented the paper wrapper on the A4 for the printer and went mad becuase of it, if I dont think to much as to why she was so involved with the paper, it makes me happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Got my new driving licence and I don't look like mr blobby! Thank you flattering b&w photography!

• Advertisement

Would love to have seen that. We watched Wicked while in London last week. It was very good, but even just the experience if a live stage show is magical!

Marisha Wallace’s “And I’m telling you” was immense - goosebumps

Best singing I’ve heard live (I’ve been to a lot of musicals)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement