Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Coming home from work and seeing my dog sitting in the hall window waiting for me.

She does it every single day and it never fails to make me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

We ordered a hangover Supermacs sometime last month and they messed it up a little, so said they’d add a fiver to the account.
    So in my state of death i rang today assuming it wouldn’t be there, but it was!
    So i got a cheese burger, a chicken burger, large chips and a water (cos healthy, new year new me etc) for 9.65 brought to the door in 20mins.
    Even though Supermacs have a high delivery charge (3.50) they don’t leave you waiting an hour and deliver cold food like four star pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Yeah for agreement!

Also yeah for today being a rest day in London as I rearranged a meet up this eve for Tomorrow- two nights in the city on the bounce is hard going, Three is too tough. Meeting Sat afternoon (5) instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My friend gave a one for all voucher last night and I spent it today on shaving balm and a game called the surge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Spending birthday vouchers on nice things for me. Which I never do, I tend to feel guilty treating myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thank God for everything having to reach an end. I'd say I'm about 2 maybe 3 days on last batch of Tindering lol. Jaysus that was a serious drag! I thought it'd never end. But hey presto have now reached the Outoflikes Screen! T'is grand when you've nothing for doing, but I hate not finishing anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Driving at night on quiet roads.

At my cousin’s son’s u12 football match in West London- it’s freezing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Using some of the lovely toiletries I was given at Christmas. One upside of being coeliac is that instead of chocolates or boxes of biscuits I get nice shower and body lotions. And they're non fattening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Studied girl dog all over the Christmas break, regardless of wind/rain/snow/floods/building noises/new dogs her behavior has been the same and I'm convinced is the cause of her perpetually waggie tail. So it seems that the key to a happy life is....... to hide in mammy's quilt until the very last minute and ignore anything and everything else, except for walks and treats.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The thread title changes for this and it's sister thread. :D

Bravo for the sense of humour whoever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Watching The Big Big Movie, The Lego Movie, with the little fella :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Building bridges with an old friend.

We fell out seven years ago over something silly and haven't spoken since. She got in touch over Christmas and we've been chatting like old times every since. Will probably meet her when I'm back in Ireland in April and I'm already looking forward to it. She was one of my oldest friends and I've missed her a lot these last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I've lost 7lbs since New Year's Eve.
    The Finesse remix with Cardi B, I've listened to it about 200 times and it just makes me so happy.
    The birds singing on an otherwise quiet Sunday morning.
    How deaf my older dog is, what I mean is, she was previously extremely startled by any noise at any volume (she's a rescue dog who was abused before she came to us) and would never really sleep. However, she is now almost completely deaf and is snoring peacefully beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

erica74 wrote: »
    I've lost 7lbs since New Year's Eve.
    The Finesse remix with Cardi B, I've listened time it about 200 times and it just makes me so happy.
    The birds singing on an otherwise quiet Sunday morning.
    How deaf my older dog is, what I mean is, she was previously extremely startled by any noise at any volume (she's a rescue dog who was abused before she came to us) and would never really sleep. However, she is now almost completely deaf and is snoring peacefully beside me.

I've found your 7lbs Erica....you can have it back now lol l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Building bridges with an old friend.

We fell out seven years ago over something silly and haven't spoken since. She got in touch over Christmas and we've been chatting like old times every since. Will probably meet her when I'm back in Ireland in April and I'm already looking forward to it. She was one of my oldest friends and I've missed her a lot these last few years.

That's really nice. My oldest and first ever friend contacted me a year or two ago and it's like neither of us changed :) We didn't fall out but just grew apart as we were growing up buts it's lovely to be in contact again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I've been having brown bread withdrawal but I found some in Sainsbury's, it's from NI. Going to go home now and have some brown bread and soup! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Birthday today. Being waited on all day. Takeaway and movie night tonight. Bed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My little 16 year old cat has becoming the sweetest most endearing thing in her old age. I know I spoil her rotten, but keep thinking how much time has she left.

Not having work in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Gwynplaine wrote:
    Birthday today. Being waited on all day. Takeaway and movie night tonight. Bed early.

Happy birthday ☺

Back to school tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to having a routine and seeing my little kiddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When a little kid stroked my hair and told me I looked like "wapunzel" today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH the speed at which girl dog ran out of an icy/cold garden right up 4 flights of steps back to "her" prewarmed quilt.

* prewarmed by her human servant.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TH that I finished this jigsaw.
    It was my first time doing a proper one and I think it will be my last as well.
    15g6r1h.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Home and away Is FINALLY back after 6 weeks

Birthday cake tomorrow! In Work, and my nieces and nephews are coming to mine in the evening and I got cake and cool sparkler candles!

Ana matronic sitting in for Jo Wiley on BBC R2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

A good powerful fart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Back to work today. Most wouldn't be happy about that but I was off sick last week so I'm glad of some normality!

I also have tea and a really nice cookie... yum.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Back to work today. Most wouldn't be happy about that but I was off sick last week so I'm glad of some normality!

I also have tea and a really nice cookie... yum.

Glad you're better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement