Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Waiting on my flight to Orly to see Munster play Racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waiting on my flight to Orly to see Munster play Racing!

The other half is going to that as well, Eurostar on Sunday morning.

TH that it's the weekend and we have multiple kinds of chocolate in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not having to iron an outfit for tomorrow. Not having to pack a lunch. Not having to set an alarm. Friday nights, I think I’m in love with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Removing last Sanitary Pad knowing I'm a deffo guaranteed-two likely three maybe nearly four weeks Pad-free for the next while! Yayyy! :)

I may have gone an extra un-necessary additional 12kms there and 12kms back to the next town over to get me some Muller Corner Pack of Yoghurts with the Choc and Rice bits cos none of the 3 Local Shops had them. But dayum they are goooodddd. Tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Despite my sadness, happy for my younger brother who life is going great for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Removing last Sanitary Pad knowing I'm a deffo guaranteed-two likely three maybe nearly four weeks Pad-free for the next while! Yayyy! :)

I may have gone an extra un-necessary additional 12kms there and 12kms back to the next town over to get me some Muller Corner Pack of Yoghurts with the Choc and Rice bits cos none of the 3 Local Shops had them. But dayum they are goooodddd. Tasty!

I hear you, last day of my period today and the world already seems brighter :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

erica74 wrote: »
    last day of my period today and the world already seems brighter :cool:
    Yep,I'm sure the whole boards community will reap the benefits of this too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

blade1 wrote: »
    Yep,I'm sure the whole boards community will reap the benefits of this too! :)

:pac:
    See? I can laugh again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Waking up after 10 hours good deep sleep.
    #winning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I have a sorta trivial thing to make me happy. Today was up and down and all around.

I went to work an hour early so I could get to the bank to lodge my cheque of €199.78 from Irish Water. A third of the way there (from work), the chain on my bike broke. I wheeled it to the bank but my bike shop is a few doors up, so that was grand.

I got home and there was a catalogue from Oxendales in the post. And a letter from the National Lottery. "Howya, Badly Drunk Boy! Fill out the enclosed Claim Form and we'll give you €1906."

I got 5 numbers on Wednesday's Lotto. But the bike will cost cost €110 to fix. :( :pac: :pac:
    110 to fix a chain:eek: are you sure he's not taking you for a ride?

• Advertisement

Was my birthday yesterday and it was a really hard day I just wanted to pass over. Which it now thankfully has. Feeling a bit of a weight off and a smidge hopeful for the next year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

northgirl wrote: »
    Was my birthday yesterday and it was a really hard day I just wanted to pass over. Which it now thankfully has. Feeling a bit of a weight off and a smidge hopeful for the next year ahead.

Belated birthday wishes northgirl..fingers crossed that next year is a great one for you.x

The boots that I've had my eye on for a few weeks were reduced by 30e ,bought them and will wear them tonight,ridiculous how happy this makes me.ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Belated Happy Birthday Northgirl. Very glad to hear you feel a bit of hope for the next year ahead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's nearly dinner time....... This makes me happy as I'm starved of the hunger!

All the kind wishes and support on here. Cheers guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The department of justice immigration guys and before them the Gardaí who work Dublin airport and how they say welcome back and my name when I arrive

:)

Actually I find most everyone in Dublin airport helpful and hard working from the security staff to the youngsters in pink tops.

In Paris, it’s matchday- AND IT’S LIVE!!!

I don’t think I give myself credit for how well I can navigate public transport in foreign cities 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My dog walking boots have started leaking, on a tight budget it's hard to find waterproof Chelsea boots that wouldn't strangle the bank manager.
    Found a pair(wellies) on a sports site, which I had my doubts about. Wore them for the 1st time today and beyond the usual 1st time wear issues, they were perfect.

Non-wellie looking wellies, the perfect height and style and less than THTHTH half the price they will be once the sale is over.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Munster’s LBP- as predicted
    Liverpool stopping City’s Invincibles Season!!!

• Advertisement

That I checked before leaving the drive thru that the sweet and sour sauce for mcnuggets was in the bag cause it wasn't! Can't have nuggets without sauce!

Hey us January babies got to stick together!

Happy Birthday

Hey us January babies got to stick together!

Happy Birthday

Back at you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

And that makes you happy? :D

I'm in bed with tea and bourbon creams, tgis makes me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Crumbs in the bed drives me nuts :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Crumbs in the bed drives me nuts :mad:

Oh, me too! I'm very careful!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When you've been house/bed-bound for several days with a cold or flu.

After 3 or 4 days you're starting to feel better but still a bit sluggish and lethargic - still in your pajamas/tracksuit bottoms and slippers without great motivation to get off the couch. You're faced with a chore that requires getting up and putting on shoes to go outside, e.g. bringing the bins out to the front gate.

It can be an unappealing task but I find, and this is the part I like, the minute I put on shoes I suddenly have a burst of motivation to get things done - it feels like the body takes it as a sign to resume normal routine and responds with a shot of energy. It feels nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Oh wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Made my breakfast for the next two days and three or four days worth of dinners this evening, as well as that I left the kitchen spotless and did the bathroom and a wash! I love when cleaning mode hits!

Now I'm in bed with my electric blanket, Netflix and the rain hitting off the window :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I had such a lovely day at Harry Potter Studios with my wife and one of my best friends. It was my wife's belated birthday present but my friend is mad about Harry Potter and so am I so we all really enjoyed it. I ended up spending way too much in the gift shop but I came away with two tops and two posters so I'm delighted with myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement