Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

And in France, you can buy a beer in McDolands! Royal with Cheese! (Bacon aussi!)

And I got a beer! €8.55 Orly Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The department of justice immigration guys and before them the Gardaí who work Dublin airport and how they say welcome back and my name when I arrive

:)

Actually I find most everyone in Dublin airport helpful and hard working from the security staff to the youngsters in pink tops.

The whole World is fascinated by the whole "How're 'oo goin' on, I wouldn't shtart from there if I weroo!" vibe as soon as you get off a plane in Ireland. It's mad, Ted! :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

4 years off the cigs today!!

Don't mind my signature if you can see it,it's gone a bit wonky lately

blade1 wrote: »
    4 years off the cigs today!!...

I packed up a fine 30-year, 30-a-day addiction on October 7th last and am going great guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well done fellows. Smokers are jokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

jimgoose wrote: »
    I packed up a fine 30-year, 30-a-day addiction on October 7th last and am going great guns!
    Good stuff keep it up!
    I started in primary school with some mates around 35 years ago.
    We used to get a 10 box between 4 of us.
    Buy anything nice with the savings yet?

Good stuff keep it up!
    I started in primary school with some mates around 35 years ago.
    We used to get a 10 box between 4 of us.
    Buy anything nice with the savings yet?

Not as such, been spending it mainly on little bits of weekends away with Woman, and good dining. Much better use of it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got my fresh air fix today after almost
    three weeks nursing a cold. Only did an hour in the garden but I'm back!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

4 years off the cigs today!!

Don't mind my signature if you can see it,it's gone a bit wonky lately
    jimgoose wrote: »

Well done lads, Im off them myself nine years, best thing I ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When my dog gets so excited/happy to see me that he can’t stop running around in circles. It’s the cutest thing ever, I’m pretty sure all dogs do it but it’s extra special when mine does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I lost a lot of weight with weight watchers a few years ago but unfortunately put it all back on. I've just signed up for slimming world this evening though and I finally feel ready to try something new and tackle my weight again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My little grandaughter sticking her tongue out to catch snow flakes . I joined her !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I made my first friend today in the UK. Well she's Romanian but that doesn't matter. She helped me at the bank and then gave me her contact details if I ever need anything in Reading or if we want to bring our cats for a cat date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I left the office late last night and was thundering through the tube station trying to get home ASAP. It was fairly quiet at that hour but I did my usual, walked to the end of the platform to get a bit of headspace while waiting for the train to arrive.

The tube announcer strolled down to me and with a big smile said "hi there! You're all the way down here on your own, I thought I'd say hello". I just sort of smiled politely and exchanged pleasantries, "ah busy day, just getting a bit of quiet me-time!" or something...she then told me I had "such lovely teeth" and went back on her merry way.:D

I stood there kinda baffled, wondering what had just happened as it's such a strange encounter in ordinarily chaotic and keep-yourself-to-yourself London. I've half come to the conclusion that she was worried about my welfare, what with the face like thunder on me and standing so close to the far-end of the platform so late at night. There are so many "person on the track" delays every day, it's got to be something that would be on her radar. I felt so warmed by it the whole way home, what a lovely thing to do regardless of the intention. Just saying hi and paying a compliment to your fellow human. It really is the kind of thing that can save someone who's in a bad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moldi

Definitely getting to work and finding your usual-wider-than-normal parking spot is available. You know... For us people who suffer for their cars in tight parking lots....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I think I might go to the hairdressers tomorrow, that's if they have a walk in appointment as I haven't booked anything.

I rarely go, like maybe once every 3/4 months or so, so when I go it's a real treat. Makes me happy just thinking about it, I love having people handling my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I rarely go, like maybe once every 3/4 months or so, so when I go it's a real treat. Makes me happy just thinking about it, I love having people handling my hair.

Can I suggest, if you like it that much, wait until you can make a booking. A walk in appointment might be rushed as they try to squeeze you in and lessen your enjoyment.

Unless, you like the spontaneity element of it. Once every 3-4 months, you deserve to enjoy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Attempted some Body squats to get me back into the exercise regime and now my quads are burning.... I've missed that feeling :pac: :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Trashy Reality TV shows on Bravo :)

Cat scratches at bedroom door.
    Let cat in.
    Cat climbs into bed on duvet sleeps on top of me!

• Advertisement

Attempted some Body squats to get me back into the exercise regime and now my quads are burning.... I've missed that feeling :pac: :D.

How can we sleep while our quads are burning?

/gets 80’s coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I made my first friend today in the UK. Well she's Romanian but that doesn't matter. She helped me at the bank and then gave me her contact details if I ever need anything in Reading or if we want to bring our cats for a cat date!

How are the natives? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My downstairs neighbour. Vacuuming at 0315. Fine. Music at 0445 (under my bedroom). OK, I was actually awake anyway, both times, but that's not the point. Well, I've got up now, and I think my amp might be better than his

HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    My downstairs neighbour. Vacuuming at 0315. Fine. Music at 0445 (under my bedroom). OK, I was actually awake anyway, both times, but that's not the point. Well, I've got up now, and I think my amp might be better than his

HA
    Some people are so selfish and inconsiderate ...not you, them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Can I suggest, if you like it that much, wait until you can make a booking. A walk in appointment might be rushed as they try to squeeze you in and lessen your enjoyment.

Unless, you like the spontaneity element of it. Once every 3-4 months, you deserve to enjoy it.

I know, I always mean to book but forget, or something turns up and I have to do something else that day, so I chance my arm hoping that a weekday morning wouldn't be too crowded. I'll see how it looks this morning, if they look any way busy I'll book in for another time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Just saw the news and the teddy bear hospital in Galway was on it. Oh my god it was the cutest thing ever. The doctors made an x-ray machine and while the kids teddy was in it, the doctors drew x-rays on black card with chalk. It was so sweet!! Nice to see something on the news that isn't depressing.

Michael Martin’s Speech in the F- but that’s not trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Trivially happy...nay, delighted that my friend got a job she really wanted after a long slog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What am I happy about today.... Can rarely think of summat to be happy about but no problem thinking of 50 things to be annoyed about! It's cathartic. I love these Threads, they're cathartic...

I know now! I r getting mah hur did on Saturday and have Weekend plans.. Yayy.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I know now! I r getting mah hur did on Saturday and have Weekend plans.. Yayy..

Congratulations on getting married this weekend!!!

You left the door open to my interpretation. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement