Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Quazzie wrote: »
    I can't use other pillows, and have had the same pillow for the last 35+ years. :eek:

Mine were nowhere near that length, but were flat as pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mine were nowhere near that length, but were flat as pancakes.

Mine's an old goose feather one and is still as hard as nails, and can be moulded into any shape. I love it

I'd say if I opened it, it's just pure mush at this stage, but I have a new cover permanently sewed onto it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My brother stole my favourite pillow years ago without asking and brought it with him abroad. I'd say wars have started for lesser things.

But, back on topic - my TH is having a "conversation" with the robin on the nearest branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

New Home wrote:
    My brother stole my favourite pillow years ago without asking and brought it with him abroad. I'd say wars have started for lesser things.

I hope he sent pictures of the pillow enjoying various sites and sent you a message from the pillow saying it had run away. That's really sibling behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »

But, back on topic - my TH is having a "conversation" with the robin on the nearest branch.

'My' robin was feeling particularly chatty this morning too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hope he sent pictures of the pillow enjoying various sites and sent you a message from the pillow saying it had run away. That's really sibling behaviour.

Unfortunately my brother is not Amélie. :rolleyes:

TH I am not the only one to talks to the feathered friends.

Ted, we're all for the birds.

and away with the fairies

Precisely! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being a size 8-10. I usually hover between 10 and 12 and I love the light-as-a-feather feeling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chocolate buttons!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TH I am not the only one to talks to the feathered friends.

I'm always trying to have conversations with the local cats but they always ignore me :o I should really scrub up on my meowish :pac: :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Someone I know lost their kitten when he got out of the house. I spotted a post on Facebook and let him know and now he's reunited with his little kitten!! I am so so happy he's found him. The best news I've had all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Someone I know lost their kitten when he got out of the house. I spotted a post on Facebook and let him know and now he's reunited with his little kitten!! I am so so happy he's found him. The best news I've had all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

when someone tells the OP "pics or gtfo" and the OP replies with pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Getting lost yesterday but smashing all my exercise goals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭md23040

If you really want to cheer yourself on a grey dank day like this, then when next taking a load of towels out of the tumble dryer, bunch them together in your arms and hug to your face. The absolute feeling of nirvana and warmth is really good and gives you an instant hit of happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

md23040 wrote: »
    If you really want to cheer yourself on a grey dank day like this, then when next taking a load of towels out of the tumble dryer, bunch them together in your arms and hug to your face. The absolute feeling of nirvana and warmth is really good and gives you an instant hit of happiness.

Or stick your chin in your hot cup of tea (preferably when it's not too full!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Last night I accidentally on purpose left my doors open so my dogs could sneak into my room. Sure enough about 4am I hear creeping. I hear the big dog smelling around and feel him stick his nose onto my bed to see if I was there. Then I hear this awful crash and the smaller dog had got so excited he'd leaped up on the bedside locker and jumped onto my head. He licked my face like a dog possessed and I turned on my side to get away from him licking me and he wrapped himself like a scarf around my neck, his body to my back and his head on my shoulder next to my face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being able to go for my morning walk after three weeks of sneezy, coughy, snottiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Last night I accidentally on purpose left my doors open so my dogs could sneak into my room. Sure enough about 4am I hear creeping. I hear the big dog smelling around and feel him stick his nose onto my bed to see if I was there. Then I hear this awful crash and the smaller dog had got so excited he'd leaped up on the bedside locker and jumped onto my head. He licked my face like a dog possessed and I turned on my side to get away from him licking me and he wrapped himself like a scarf around my neck, his body to my back and his head on my shoulder next to my face

Just, dogs in general. We don't deserve them.

Every morning when I'm leaving the house I put my dog in her sitting room bed with a treat. By the time I get to the car she's always at the hall window looking out at me. If I ever forget something and have to go back into the house for it she absolutely pegs it back into bed when she sees me coming, as if I'll think she hasn't moved an inch even though I have literally just waved at her through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

md23040 wrote: »
    Lol I do that too. It makes me instantly relaxed; it must remind us of being back in the womb or something.

It's like sinking into a hot bath, the water up to your ears. Bliss! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The kitchen sink was blocked and I fixed it all by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

KKkitty wrote: »
    The kitchen sink was blocked and I fixed it all by myself.

Good woman, KKkitty, that's real girl power! I had to unblock the loo yesterday, not my idea of a perfect Sunday, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

madmaggie wrote: »
    Good woman, KKkitty, that's real girl power! I had to unblock the loo yesterday, not my idea of a perfect Sunday, but it works.

Well I did contribute to it being blocked so I was just cleaning up my mess :D It's great when you do stuff like that yourself though.

Was sitting at the kitchen table writing and the three-year-old was at her little table playing with her toys, talking to herself in English with loads of Irish words. I'm just ignoring it and then all three years of her, just as naturally, starts singing the fantastic An Cailín Álainn entirely in Irish with great defiance and voice for one so young, 'Ó abair liomsa, gur tú mo ghrá gheal, Beidh orm áthas, in áit an bhróin...' She got to the next verse and it died down a bit so I dived in to rescue this magic and we had a great seisiún. I'm using every moment now to teach her all the other verses and she's really into it, repeating each line to herself as I sing it (in fairness, you've a captive audience when you're driving the car!). Music and song are life savers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The happy that Since my town came into the city limits the bus fare to town is only 1.89 with a leap card and before this it was 7.80 return LOL for a sub standard service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

London tomorrow - for 14 hours! Over to see Arsenal v Chelsea in the Caribo Cup semi 2nd leg.

I was at the league match last month- it was a cracker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

KatW4 wrote: »

Seeing people being genuinely happy for others. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement