Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My TH is that one of the girls I work with brought me season 4 of Line of Duty to watch. It is amazing and extremely addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Found two €1 coins today in an obscure part of my wallet.
    It was like finding €50!!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The smell of my dogs farts eminating from under the coffee table. I don't know why but this both disgusts and delights me at the same time! :confused::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just, dogs in general. We don't deserve them

So I came home yesterday evening and my dog had trapped herself in the sitting room having skidded one of the rugs right up against the door. The other one was skidded up against the fireplace and both throws were shoved up against the back of the couches, with every cushion knocked off. I can only deduce that she spends her days playing "the floor is lava".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I did something bold! I went to London last year with my missus and we had to decide between two plays, so we didn't end up seeing The Woman In Black and I know she really wanted to see it. So now that we live only a half an hour away from London I've booked surprise tickets for us to go and see the play in February. She'll kill me for booking the tickets because they weren't cheap but she works so hard and takes such good care of me that I want to do something to spoil her. I know she's going to be really excited. It's going to be our first venture into London since we moved too so it will be exciting! Now if I can just keep my gob shut until February we'll be grand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH, bouncing back after this virus, still can't eat much and the very idea of anything sugary is repugnant. IF I push it and eat something like that, it has no taste.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I did something bold! I went to London last year with my missus and we had to decide between two plays, so we didn't end up seeing The Woman In Black and I know she really wanted to see it. So now that we live only a half an hour away from London I've booked surprise tickets for us to go and see the play in February. She'll kill me for booking the tickets because they weren't cheap but she works so hard and takes such good care of me that I want to do something to spoil her. I know she's going to be really excited. It's going to be our first venture into London since we moved too so it will be exciting! Now if I can just keep my gob shut until February we'll be grand

That's so lovely!!! She will be thrilled!

TA: a little boy in my class told me he knows everything because he has dreams about things and they always come true. So cute! I wish I could go around thinking the way children do. The world would be a nicer place!

I did something bold! I went to London last year with my missus and we had to decide between two plays, so we didn't end up seeing The Woman In Black and I know she really wanted to see it. So now that we live only a half an hour away from London I've booked surprise tickets for us to go and see the play in February. She'll kill me for booking the tickets because they weren't cheap but she works so hard and takes such good care of me that I want to do something to spoil her. I know she's going to be really excited. It's going to be our first venture into London since we moved too so it will be exciting! Now if I can just keep my gob shut until February we'll be grand

That's so lovely!!! She will be thrilled!

TA: a little boy in my class told me he knows everything because he has dreams about things and they always come true. So cute! I wish I could go around thinking the way children do. The world would be a nicer place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I spoke to Joe Duffy on liveline today. I hope it raised awareness and will encourage people to seek help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

northgirl wrote: »
    I spoke to Joe Duffy on liveline today. I hope it raised awareness and will encourage people to seek help.

Ah that's wonderful! Well done northgirl and here's hoping you're a catalyst in somebodys life

• Advertisement

Ah that's wonderful! Well done northgirl and here's hoping you're a catalyst in somebodys life

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I got stuck on the couch surrounded by a carpet of lava . The red rugs were spewing fire and the white cushion were the safe stepping stones
    I was helped cross the lava by my little granddaughter holding my hand so tight so I would not slip
    We made it safely on to the wooden floor in the hall panting for a drink of water . Whew .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I got stuck on the couch surrounded by a carpet of lava . The red rugs were spewing fire and the white cushion were the safe stepping stones
    I was helped cross the lava by my little granddaughter holding my hand so tight so I would not slip
    We made it safely on to the wooden floor in the hall panting for a drink of water . Whew .

If I could thank your post twice I would , it made me smile and look forward to the day my two grand-daughters are old enough to play make believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If I could thank your post twice I would , it made me smile and look forward to the day my two grand-daughters are old enough to play make believe :)

Don't hurry them up Mam . Enjoy this bit too it passes so quickly . Lap it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Don't hurry them up Mam . Enjoy this bit too it passes so quickly . Lap it up !

Oh believe me , I love each moment with them , little rogues in different ways :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching aprés match and howling with laughter :D taking the piss out some election, showing live footage and have fake voice overs :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea

And I was there! (See my Twitter for pix)

🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

just had a listen, well done. (I have never listened to Joe Duffy before :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I contacted an organisation about a flaw on their website, this impacted hugely on my ability to purchase their product.
    I got a response saying it was my IT, a problem with my OS or a server issue. Tec said their screens were showing no such issues.

As I like this site to buy from I told them it was neither of these things as I attempted to access from different devices using different platforms in different geographical regions. They are still sticking to the "it's only you" explanation.

TH cause I'm in silly mood, that I appear to have "magical devices"!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A decent barber that cuts my hair the way I like it :) , tight on sides and back and spiky on top and watching him use the cut throat razor, I wish could use one of them :D but I have a fear of slicing my face off :o best to leave it to the pro's :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My mam came over earlier for lunch. I have the flu the last 3 days so i wasn't being much of a host. She went into the kitchen and said she'd make us both a sandwich.

She also started organising a bit of washing for me. I had these Multi-Meat Training Treats for the dog on the side near the dryer. She came into me disgusted saying that she tried one of them thinking they were like those All Sorts Liquorice sweets! She was laughing about it herself then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Coming in from work on the day the cleaner has been in

koumi wrote: »
    just had a listen, well done. (I have never listened to Joe Duffy before :0)

Thank you :) It's a pity my story was ripped to shreds on another thread here on boards. More fool me for looking it up.. :o

No money, hungry, thought there was no food. Remembered I'd a soda bread and eggs- yummy scrambled eggs 🍳 😋😘

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thank you :) It's a pity my story was ripped to shreds on another thread here on boards. More fool me for looking it up.. :o

Well done northgirl, I listened to the podcast earlier and you were great, don't mind anyone saying different.

My TH, my teenager has agreed to go to counselling. I am feeling very relieved and hopeful that this will be a turning point for her and ease her worries.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Coming in from work on the day the cleaner has been in

Came home from Work after London and Mam had been. Fresh sheets, rooms tidied, dishes washed, and clothes in laundry- she didn’t wash them as it was too wet, so I’ll let her away with that... :P

I kid! She’s brilliant- I’m spoiled!!!

73Cat wrote: »
    Well done northgirl, I listened to the podcast earlier and you were great, don't mind anyone saying different.

My TH, my teenager has agreed to go to counselling. I am feeling very relieved and hopeful that this will be a turning point for her and ease her worries.

Thanks a million :)

That's great news. Your teenager is lucky to have you rooting for them and getting some help or at least starting to talk about things that might be troublesome. It's a huge step forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Was that the lahvline thread?.... wouldn't worry about it... populated by people who aren't worth a second thought.

I had a friend ring Joe about 3 months ago... English isn't her first language and Joe was dismissive of her, this after his researcher was chasing my friend for 3 or 4 days to go on...was very tempted to take the phone off her and turn "da aer bloo Joe"... that would have made me very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Daffodils growing on the roadside..Spring is just around the corner..
    Finishing shift in 56 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

A lot of days I'll drive home for lunch and the dog is at the front of the house waiting for me to come up the lane. I took a different way yesterday and drove in around the back. Surprised not to see her around when I walked in I was in the kitchen for a few minutes before I looked out the window. There she was sitting in the pissing rain looking down the lane waiting for me to drive up. She's old and fairly blind and fairly deaf and didn't hear or see me come in the other way. Twould bring a tear to your eye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement