Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Bob Harris wrote: »
    A lot of days I'll drive home for lunch and the dog is at the front of the house waiting for me to come up the lane. I took a different way yesterday and drove in around the back. Surprised not to see her around when I walked in I was in the kitchen for a few minutes before I looked out the window. There she was sitting in the pissing rain looking down the lane waiting for me to drive up. She's old and fairly blind and fairly deaf and didn't hear or see me come in the other way. Twould bring a tear to your eye.

:) Ah that's so sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Fry up at work on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Today is most likely my last day at work in 2018 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Came home from Work after London and Mam had been. Fresh sheets, rooms tidied, dishes washed, and clothes in laundry- she didn’t wash them as it was too wet, so I’ll let her away with that... :P

I kid! She’s brilliant- I’m spoiled!!!

Wshed load 1, hung it on horse, load 2 washing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Perched on the couch with my other half like a pig in sh!te after a really tasty meal out minus our 7 month old baby for one night only! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Perched on the couch with my other half like a pig in sh!te after a really tasty meal out minus our 7 month old baby for one night only! :)

Ilovethe bonesofyou....:o:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, get a room (or a couch!), you two! :D

The film Ladybird- just watched it. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't think I've ever bothered making an omelette in my life until just now. (I've just realised I've been misspelling and mispronouncing omelette. Where the hell did that first 'e' come from?)

The fridge inventory has left me with an odd combination, which is possibly somewhat fitting for a first attempt. Chorizo, spinach, yellow peppers and parmesan cheese. I've had worse breakfasts, even if I'd keep this attempt hidden for fear of judgement :D

Also, finally got around to putting new strings on my guitar, which always makes me happy. It had been far too long.

Thinking of heading to my first meetup there tonight and broaden the social circle a bit more. Maybe I can tell them about my omelette skills?

My first attempt with my slow cooker. Chicken Stew. 8/10. Not too bad 7/10 😋

• Advertisement

Good to know all 3 TD’s in my Constituency, Offaly, support the REPEAL of the 8th Amendment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Have had a really stressful week. Slept in til 11am and now sitting in a busy cafe on my own. Surrounded by tables full of chatting and laughing people and really enjoying not having to entertain or placate or listen to anyone or give a single shyte about anyone’s needs except my own. Tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Breakfast out with my folks - brekkie bagel FTW

At a local rugby match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got my brand new phone yesterday and I love it!!

Massive TH this morning. My bf rang me and told me to get up because he had something for me. He called to my house with breakfast, coffee and flowers! So bloody cute!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a very un pc conversation with a long retired collegue about how different saturdays nights used to be.
    Summer of 69 at 2 am to signal closing time, no one but us enthusiastic dancers in the club before match of the day ended.

I jokingly commented how motd ruined my "sex" life as most guys would have been drunk by the time they hit the club and probably in a bad mood as their team lost again. He looked at me and commented how stupid those young men were to even think about football in those circumstances.

A lot of old waffle I know, but nice to hear after such a crappy week.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Afternoon delight:cool:
    And afterwards, I was getting dressed and my husband rolled over and said "oh you're just going to hit it and quit it?" I actually fell over I was laughing so much:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

A bit of old school Fleetwood Mac. It’s like a velvety hot chocolate for the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

I had a really high fever and then shivering cold the next minute for the last 24 hours. I was delirious during the fever.

My energy has been completely zapped but I'm savouring my good health now. So glad that fever is gone!

Offaly beating Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

All dressed up and heading into town for a few drinks,chipper and home with a "friend "..happy because I'm actually loving my outfit and I can walk in my boots.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Colser wrote: »
    All dressed up and heading into town for a few drinks,chipper and home with a "friend "..happy because I'm actually loving my outfit and I can walk in my boots.��

Pics or gtfo!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

blade1 wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo!:D

You took the words right out of my mouth :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Offaly beating Dublin!

Yay go on Offaly <3

The battery on my new phone is unbelievable. I've been on Netflix for most of the day and it's still on 41%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You took the words right out of my mouth

Did anyone else read that like Meatloaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Wshed load 1, hung it on horse, load 2 washing now!

Pah ! Two loads of washing ? Amateur !
    I leave all the washing for the week-end and I usually have 7 loads or thereabouts.

TH now that I'm practically finished all of them already, aaaand yesterday I decided to swap things and wash my sheets first so I could sleep in a nice fresh bed for the week-end. I normally keep them for last, but I think the new routine is going to be just that. It's just too nice to have fresh sheets on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

That first coffee in the morning.

Also, I washed my dogs last night and one of them, who has a very soft coat anyway, feels like a piece of silk now, I can't stop petting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Had an awful migraine yesterday, complete with nausea. Last night my OH said he would get the kids ready for bed so I could head to bed myself. I’ve never loved him more :D

My iPhone X. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Booked flights back to Ireland for a visit at the end of February, looking forward to it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement