Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

When I get home late from work and dinner is already planned and just needs to go into the microwave
    When I wake up and I'm the only up in the house and it's peaceful for another hour, I can have my tea, get showered and dressed before the madness begins
    When I find a good book at Oxfam for 2€
    When my son welcomes me home like I had been away for weeks
    When I can understand a Scottish movie without the subtitles (or my colleague from Cork)
    When my daughter finally managed to read after 2 years of struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Do you think it will keep her?:D

Yes they both seem happy with their current arrangement. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Griever931 wrote: »
    Yes they both seem happy with their current arrangement. :)
    Pampered pooch. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

Nanazolie wrote: »
    When I can understand a Scottish movie without the subtitles (or my colleague from Cork)

Hahaha!! Watching One Day Removals was a real challenge for me. Still is at times. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was out giving some bread & nutella to the kids outside, had to give some to the local scrotes as well.
    One little fella dropped his, picked it up and said

'it's grand, I can bless it'

Haven't heard that in donkeys years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Was out giving some bread & nutella to the kids outside, had to give some to the local scrotes as well.
    One little fella dropped his, picked it up and said

'it's grand, I can bless it'

Haven't heard that in donkeys years.

Three second rule......:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Now the little boll*x is telling me that he is going to get his cousin to 'battar' me

It's strange hearing phrases that I commonly used in my youth being brought back

Now the little boll*x is telling me that he is going to get his cousin to 'battar' me

It's strange hearing phrases that I commonly used in my youth being brought back

"Do ya want yer go?, big man with yer mates around":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Posho. Its five seconds.

I just remembered a classic from years ago, where a guy threatened another guy with " I'll knock yer teeth so far down yer throat, yer gonna have to shove your hands up yer hole to bite yer nails":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

on my drive home, i pass one rural train station, in galway (woodlawn)

if i get out and time, i can get through it before the gates come down
    this makes me very happy, as if you arrive, and the gates are coming down, you can be 10 minutes waiting for the train to trundle through....its sooooo slooooooow.

I just remembered a classic from years ago, where a guy threatened another guy with " I'll knock yer teeth so far down yer throat, yer gonna have to shove your hands up yer hole to bite yer nails":D

Another classic is 'you'll be picking yer teeth out of yer sh*te with broken fingers'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Another classic is 'you'll be picking yer teeth out of yer sh*te with broken fingers'

Doesn't make any sense, why would you want to take the teeth back out of your sh*te? Flush them at that stage to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

The little scrapy squeaky sound you get when someone is changing chords on an acoustic guitar, and their nail grazes against the strings - gives me the warm fuzzies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting a call from the general manager from a place I used to work in, offering me a managers position in the dept I worked in while I was there!!!! I'm not going to take it, I don't think but nice to be offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Freshly cut grass,a mundane thing that cheers me up.I love the scent and it's aesthetically pleasing also.An evening walking along the beach can be magical,a strong wind in your face and a gentle rain.It makes me feel alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Just home from doing the weekly shop. All unpacked now. The sight of a full fridge and food cupboards makes me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

finished work early!!!

going out with a good friend who ive not seen in months this evening
    god help Waterford tonight:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

New white socks,Jesus I love em.a long hot shower after a cycle or run in the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Meeting up with a friend who is in a very good mood,has a positive effect on your own disposition. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Seeing my son after two weeks of being away!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A glass of red wine and a chunk of mature red cheddar.

Oh and today I put out a load of washing then this evening I went out to retrieve them. It was cold out.
    Coming back inside to the heat was lovely!

Speaking of clothes, I get great satisfaction doing a wash and hanging them all on the line. I enjoy it more than I probably should.
    NOBODY is allowed hang them out. Only me.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Standing on the tee-box of any downhill Par 3

I'm not much of a chocolate fan but the Dairy Milk with Oreo is pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

I'm not much of a chocolate fan but the Dairy Milk with Oreo is pretty nice.

Try the dairy milk with Daim in it. That is really good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Spend my entire Saturday in my extremely comfy pajama bottoms with the house to myself turned off my phone's pigged out on junk food 2 bottles of wine and caught up on loads of tv on sky plus with nobody around to annoy me , I haven't be able to do that in months i haven't had the day to myself like thatin a long while not having to do anything at all and it was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

Try the dairy milk with Daim in it. That is really good too.

If you can find it, the Milka with Daim is even better. Bigger chunks of Daim....yum.
    Also usually comes in a bar the size of your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

Going to my family home to see the doggies! :D

My DVD I ordered finally arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

My DVD I ordered finally arrived.

I love it when mine come. What did you order?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement