Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Ikea Win at Sleeping ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

The feeling of hot shower over tired, aching muscles. It feels like such a luxury when you are in out of the cold and have your runners kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I keep getting called "girl". I'm in my fifties, so I reckon Specsavers are missing out on a lot of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Got ID'd in Marks & Sparks yesterday at the grand aul age of 32. I'm sure it's a matter of protocol but fcuk it, I'm taking it!

Also saw a young child of about 5 offer a gent who was probably in his 50s his seat on the tube this morning, prompted by his mother. It was adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm so happy I have today and tomorrow off work. I am exhausted! I'm not doing a thing all day today but stay in bed and watch things on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My OH and I don’t massively celebrate Valentine’s Day, we exchange a card and get the kids a card and small teddy. Last night he came home from work and gave me a beautiful bouquet of purple tulips. It was an unexpected, but lovely gesture. I’m here smiling looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New books. Started The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I don't have to get up tomorrow :)
    Not only do I not have to get up for my own work, but I don't even have to get up to get the kiddies ready for school, yay !

AAAAAAAnnnd I think I don't have an appointment or job to be done anywhere. Although these things have a knack of popping up unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

That lazy, incompetent, horrible bitch I've been working with for 3 months finished up yesterday. I am literally so happy. No more being shouted at, no more being ignored and isolated, no more having the door of our office nearly taken off the hinges from being slammed by her, no more hearing "I didn't know that" which was her stock answer when questioned about everything she managed to do wrong. Aaaah, peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I just found out that because I'm home based, I can claim back 25% (as 1 of the 4 bedrooms is an office) of my home heating & electricity costs from Revenue, and I can claim back for the previous 4 years as well!!

The OH is in a similar situation, though only home based 2 days per week, so we should be both in for a nice little windfall in a few weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My OH has booked a table for us to go to dinner tomorrow evening and asked the grandparents to babysit. To top it off, I found a fab pair of boots, the last in my size, reduced to a fiver. I’m grinning like a Cheshire Cat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a few guy friends. Some of them will only talk to me when their OHs aren’t around. That makes me feel quite sh1t because there’s nothing even remotely dodge or flirty in the conversations.

So.

My TH is deleting and blocking all numbers that do that. You can either be my friend or you can’t. If you can, great. If you’re hiding the friendship then we have a problem and we can’t be friends.

I think surrounding myself with more positive people will make me feel good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Bus arrives on time / immediately

Weights in the gym readily available on the racks

Dublin Bikes

Shoe size on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Whenever there is a continuous stream of my favourite food, i.e. burritos, pizza.

On another note, I remember the day I unexpected got my backdated allowance. That moment coming out of the bank with a 4-digit balance on my advice slip was absolute joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I have a few guy friends. Some of them will only talk to me when their OHs aren’t around. That makes me feel quite sh1t because there’s nothing even remotely dodge or flirty in the conversations.

So.

My TH is deleting and blocking all numbers that do that. You can either be my friend or you can’t. If you can, great. If you’re hiding the friendship then we have a problem and we can’t be friends.

I think surrounding myself with more positive people will make me feel good

Ah I'll be your friend!... I love talking to strange women :)

Ah I'll be your friend!... I love talking to strange women :)
    You won’t meet a stranger woman jack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

You won’t meet a stranger woman jack :D

Lexie, there's one or two on here that have you beaten hands down already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Got called for assessment for Exec Officer position in CS/ I’d completely forgotten about it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Coming back to an unexpectedly unclamped car after remembering my failure to pay the park by text fee this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Shopping done, boy in bed taking a nap and lunch in the oven. Seems like the first time I've ever been ahead! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

a lovely new boards friend irl:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My Mam's doing a bit better and she's eating more now too and going to try to actually cook some food today for myself also.

Buying a book on Michael Collins today, The Big Fellow, by Frank O'Connor

The time of week I get to see someone special and find he hasn’t bothered to change out of his uniform. Rawr!

The days are getting longer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Milk drunk newborn face after a feed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Finished our musical tonight! It's been a long week and it was brilliant but I am so happy to be getting my life back. No more rehearsals, no more drama, just free time to spend with my bf. I'm very happy!

Had a great night with all of the cast tonight too. It was nice to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was in England at short notice and flights back to Dublin were sky high

So for the first time in my life I took the ferry :) got a direct Virgin train from London to Holyhead and it wasn’t packed and was very comfortable. Being direct was great, no hanging around in Crewe/Chester

The bus from the terminal onto the ferry reeked of stale spilled beer, needs a wash but anyway onto the ferry

I was like a 5 year old so I was :D I explored everywhere I could on our two decks inside & outside and took a gazillion photos coming into Dublin port. Even the two Garda immigration guys were friendly

Sail & Rail is great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I only have 3 things on my list of things to get done today, and one of those is 'have pancakes for dinner'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Poochie05 wrote:
    I only have 3 things on my list of things to get done today, and one of those is 'have pancakes for dinner'

I'd recommend converting all of your 3 things into having pancakes, and make it a most excellent day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement