Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Going out today and a glorious early morning. Over the water and to the shops... Happy day ahead...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to a lie in

I've been missing soda bread since moving. Sometimes I can get it in Sainsbury's but not always. My missus came home this evening with a ready mix and put it in the oven for me. Freshly baked soda bread with real butter and a cup of milky sweet tea for dinner :)

I make my own.....just so you know :cool: :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not gonna like, this is probably the best cup of tea ever that I'm drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Looking forward to a lie in

I make my own.....just so you know :cool: :pac:

I'll be hitting you up for some of the good stuff the next time I'm back then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Not gonna like, this is probably the best cup of tea ever that I'm drinking.

Reading about someone having that experience is a TH for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Someone in work just stopped me to say "you're losing loads of weight, you look fantastic". Made my day a lot better. Not often am I called fantastic although I obviously am:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

erica74 wrote: »
    Someone in work just stopped me to say "you're losing loads of weight, you look fantastic". Made my day a lot better. Not often am I called fantastic although I obviously am:cool:

Must have been some shave you had for that princess shower!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Naps are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

After a hectic and stressful week, I'm TH to be sitting at home, having just tidied my apartment, with no plans for the evening. Think I might do a princess shower myself!

Happy to be home. Some eejit had moved signposts round on country lanes and I got lost..... Was half an hour late for the ferry but the brothers waited, bless them . I was as often the only passenger you see ! House full of food so home safe for another couple of weeks. Happy that the day was sunny; only good day this week.

• Advertisement

Ecstatic at the arrival of a care package with all my favourite things including choccies, wiccies and weeties. All the food groups catered for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Getting a pizza with chicken, wedges and cheese bites soon.

Just opened the big brown envelope with the wee harp.....My electricity allowance has been granted and my free TV licence..not that I have a TV but... I was already in credit with the electricity...backdated too it is. Just my bus pass and a couple of other small things to sort...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just opened the big brown envelope with the wee harp.....My electricity allowance has been granted and my free TV licence..not that I have a TV but... I was already in credit with the electricity...backdated too it is. Just my bus pass and a couple of other small things to sort...

Welcome back, your self-sufficiency & independence would put most people here to shame.

TH I have Monday off & plan to have a duvet day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just a good day all round. Met old colleagues for coffee, home to wash the cars, got the garden semi tidied and the sun came out as the light breeze dried the soil. Inside to light the fire, when daughter and two grandchildren arrive with donuts. Just sat down now to do the crossword and thought - that was a pleasant day!

The .equals method in Java is fantastic! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Just booked flights for my holidays. I can't afford to bring my son away every year so when we do go it feels pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Treated myself to some retail therapy today. In every shop I went to the staff were so helpful, I came home with everything on my list. Retailers must have really upped their staff training, as usually I'm the invisible woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I know people say it's a tax on the stupid, but I did three lines in the Euromillions this evening and won! It cost €7.50 for the three lines and I only got €18 back but I couldn't figure out when I looked at the prize money. There was no €18 prize so maybe I won €14 on one line and €4 on another (they were two possibilities). But no. I actually won on all three lines, €10, €4, and €4 again.

I don't really care about the money. I enjoyed the fact that all three lines won something. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

getting a visitor message on boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

nermal15 wrote: »
    After a hectic and stressful week, I'm TH to be sitting at home, having just tidied my apartment, with no plans for the evening. Think I might do a princess shower myself!

Yessssss!!
    I'm so not clued in with the young people that I was going to post "princess shower on fleek" but realised that only applies to eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A big furry cat on my lap.

I luuuuv cats, I'm a cat man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Where's Lady McB with a pussy joke when. You need her?

Watchinh rugby and scoffing Jaffa cakes for brekkie....start as I mean to go on today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hopefully today will be a happy sports day in premiership soccer and 6 nations rugby. Very excited.
    But first have to get thru under 8 hurling training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Hopefully today will be a happy sports day in premiership soccer and 6 nations rugby. Very excited.
    But first have to get thru under 8 hurling training.

Best of luck...hope you get Fanta and taytos afterwards :D

A big furry cat on my lap.

I luuuuv cats, I'm a cat man.

Me too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Me too :o

I'm not a man but I love cats too!

Its raining outside and I love it.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I'm not a man but I love cats too!

Ahhh yes a cat lady, excellent :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"Ok if we come to your house for the rugby, Granda?" Off to the shops I go!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just being reading through some older PMs here, some very funny stuff in there, some weird stuff and some amazing stuff.
    I love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement