Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a cat lady too! <3 I'm so glad lots of you on this thread share my love for them.

I'm TH today because cats exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just a good day all round. Met old colleagues for coffee, home to wash the cars, got the garden semi tidied and the sun came out as the light breeze dried the soil. Inside to light the fire, when daughter and two grandchildren arrive with donuts. Just sat down now to do the crossword and thought - that was a pleasant day!
    Julio Tasty Spring because he is retirement goals. Working hard all his life to fill his days with family and donuts. I can get behind that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Srameen because he is retirement goals. Working hard all his life to fill his days with family and donuts. I can get behind that

Nice people.

Enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My sister came down with her puppy, and it's just so nice to have a dog in the house again, everything she does is making me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Its raining outside and I love it.

Ahwhh yes a cat lady, excellent :3 :pac:

I only have one, so not sure I qualify :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hopefully today will be a happy sports day in premiership soccer and 6 nations rugby.

And happiness has been fulfilled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Just did my sister in laws hair for her because she's heading out later and it turned out lovely. She looked great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Much as I enjoyed the craic.....peace now reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Had an Indian takeaway with my sister and now we are in pyjamas watching TV. Glad she's happier than earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Die Hard is on Rte 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Your Face wrote: »
    Die Hard is on Rte 1.

My fave Xmas movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

laid out cereal on the table last night for the jnr's, and cooked breakfast for them too to heat afterwards themselves.
    now I don't have to get up and do anything this morning:P.
    also got a beautiful cup of coffee in bed, made by the nephew too.
    have leftover's from yesterday for dinner today aswell.

so i'm in bed listening to rock, and i'm not moving for hours!
    feel like a teenager flaked here with no responsibilties:cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Watching the birdies at the feeder and on the window sill, and how they interact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Happy that everyone loves pussy as much as me :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Visiting my aunt and Being a blaggard with her and Seeing her smile :D after she was unwell during the week.

Happy that everyone loves pussy as much as me :pac:

I knew you'd say something like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went shopping. The cashier advised that the Sunday independent had a 10e off voucher in it. So i ran up and got one.
    The shopping Went to over 100e, so I ran up and got another one. Spent 6e on papers - saved 14e off the shopping #CashBack

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My little cousins came to visit and were here when we got back from cuh and the little 8 month girl was sitting in my mams lap and I was dangling my keys in front of her and she was going mad trying to catch them laughing and giggling :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

There's not many positives to have metastatic cancer but there are some.

1)I used to studiously make sure not to exceed the paracetamol limits stated on the packet. Now I through caution to the wind in that regard. Ditto with oxycodone. And, well, any painkiller you can imagine. Anything that gives me a fuzzy feeling, I'm mainlining it.

2) I used to fill guilty about scarfing hot wings and blue cheese, so calorific are they. Now I joyfully plant my face on to the plate.* I don't know when my appetite will nosedive and my tastebuds will stop working so I need to enjoy these things while I can.

*may not actually literally plant my face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Was on Luas earlier and my son was in dire need of a tissue. I asked him did he have any in his pockets and then I checked my bag. Neither of us had a tissue. A lady sitting across from me kindly offered us a tissue. So nice of her.
    TH the kindness of strangers.

It's fish and chips night :)

• Advertisement

This really is a lovely thread :)

I would kill a close friend or relative for a smoked cod and chips!

TH I got a new kitchen gadget and have something new to play with!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Candie wrote: »
    I would kill a close friend or relative for a smoked cod and chips!

TA I got a new kitchen gadget and have something new to play with!

Is it a cocktail maker?😛

Watching Dancing with the Stars and thinking there's no way I'd let an OH of mine on it..that's all.

Colser wrote: »
    Is it a cocktail maker?&#55357;&#56859;

Watching Dancing with the Stars and thinking there's no way I'd let an OH of mine on it..that's all.

An electric skillet/slow cooker combination thingy that I saw someone use and was dying to try!

Those shows are my guilty pleasure! I love Stricty and the US one but I havent seen the Irish one (yet). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Candie wrote: »
    TA I got a new kitchen gadget and have something new to play with!

Shouldn't that be TH?

Shouldn't that be TH?

Amended :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe she's Totally Amazed by the properties of said kitchen gadget.

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe she's Totally Amazed by the properties of said kitchen gadget.

I love it already NH. Where has this been all my life! :)

A good pal of mine posted this on facebook

b15.jpg

Cue me howling with laughter :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m sorry for boring you all with my dogs but they make me happy.

Today’s happy is how they trot around after me from room to room like we’re going on a huge exciting adventure. I might be only going to the wheelie bin but all three of us set off. I was doing laundry today and lassoed my bra strap around my large dogs neck and pretended he was a reindeer. Even though they don’t get how mental I am they still act like they’re having the best fun.
    At dinner time they sit each side of me looking for some. Bit of chicken for me bit of chicken for little dog bit of chicken for big dog. They were only loving it. They’d eat sh1t on a stick if they thought I was eating it too. All was going well til it was Brussels sprouts time. Both took it and both promptly spat it out. I went to pick it up from one of them as it was on the floor and he picked it up and started chewing then the other dog did the same. My heart was bursting with pride seeing them eat their vegetables.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement