Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Even tho I have 6k words of different subjects to submit by easter, I feel so much happier and relaxed now the bugbear of the "PRESENTATION" is behind me.

Lolx2, the head of course who was at my presentation, told me I was a natural public speaker! (after two weeks of stress and endless sleepless nights with anxiety, I beg to differ)

The battery I located for my favorite but very much on its last legs laptop(which I could never afford to buy again) is making it work almost like new again.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More than TH to have my internet back after a dry weekend; and that the tech on the phone did not laugh at me for having the dish cable in the wrong hole... As I said, if you do not give out info and there are 11 sockets...... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

A complete stranger complemented my eyeliner and asked me for tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My friend was having dinner in a pizza restaurant in Rathmines yesterday and asked for an ingredient to be left off her pizza. The pizza came with it still on so she sent it back and a woman at the next table commented in Italian to the waitress.

The friend is fluent in Italian and read the woman the riot act (in Italian, of course) for calling her "rude and impossible" for sending back an incorrect order. I would have LOVED to have seen yer woman's face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting into bed after a shower, with fresh sheets and fresh PJ's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Have to move house and instead of hiring a man with a van I said I’ll do this myself

There is a company called GoCar and you can hire from them. I picked the van but they have cars too

Three things were going against me
    1 - Last time I drove a car was 3 years ago
    2 - never drove a van in my life
    3 - it was parked down by fruit and veg market in Dublin so mayhem there

I completed my trip with zero fatalities :eek: and zero scratches :)

I admit I’m not able to park a van in one of Dublin City councils street spaces. I did two laps of the block until I saw a lovely wide gap and I was in like Flynn. I saw a white van man squeeze into a ridiculous space and was in awe

Some does this on a daily basis, today was first day ever and very proud of myself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There was a buzzard perched on a branch in front of the house. I only spotted it because I heard the chickens make that long guttural sound they make when they are on yellow alert. :) When it saw me, it swooped down and flew away, keeping low on the road. :) What a beautiful bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Absolutely lovely birds. I'm lucky to have a pair breed near my house and have had up to six in the garden at one time. A real treat to see.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Absolutely lovely birds. I'm lucky to have a pair breed near my house and have had up to six in the garden at one time. A real treat to see.

So you had a veritable "Buzz" *.

*If that's not the right collective noun for buzzards, it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yeah, they're gorgeous. There's a nesting pair at the Dodder near my house. That section of the Dodder valley is earmarked for development with a playground and mountain bike trail going in and if it fcuks with their habitat I will be absolutely livid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 miss_darcey

Getting the green man 'just' as you approach the pedestrian crossing

Being in the shop and having the exact amount in your purse

Thinking of a song and it magically coming on the radio

^^^

WITCH!! WITCH!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Do the lotto!!!

Don’t forget us when you win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

6 week checkup this week, meaning I'll most likely be cleared to start running again. I cannot wait to get back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

6 week checkup this week, meaning I'll most likely be cleared to start running again. I cannot wait to get back out.

It might be a bit soon to bring junior out to be going for a buggy PB on Saturdays.

TH I got a load of long-fingerred jobs done today.

(cue the arrival of the resident perv's)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The car ran out of diesel yesterday morning it literally *chucked* as I approached the petrol station and then freewheeled to the pump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Out working on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting a cancellation date for my driving test :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It might be a bit soon to bring junior out to be going for a buggy PB on Saturdays.

TH I got a load of long-fingerred jobs done today.

(cue the arrival of the resident perv's)

Hubby on baby duty, toddler in the single running buggy, sorted :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Walking home I saw a ginger kitty sitting by his gate(not the friendly guy) and I was trying to call him over to me and he was looking at me as if to say "who do you think you are now boi calling me over" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

After 6 days, my laptop's here.

IMG_20180312_162220616_HDR.jpg

It's a Yoga 920. I've been using it, and it's looking good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Spent the evening cleaning, and finishing the laundry. My house smells like clean clothes and nice candles. I had a lovely shower, massaged a lovely rich moisturizer in and am going to bed with a facial oil on my face that’ll nourish my skin overnight and leave it gorgeous for tomorrow. Bought a mattress topper in Aldi today so my bed is extra comfy, fresh sheets and a hot water bottle. I’m warm, clean and safe. Life is good

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I’ve been reading more lately than I have in a long time. Just finished a book there that I bought on Saturday. Reading was always a huge part of my identity growing up and it feels good to get back in touch with that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

New jingle jangly bracelets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

We've left winter behind and summer is on the way.

Noveight wrote: »
    We've left winter behind and summer is on the way.

er... have you seen the forecast?

Was out at first light with the dog; something I have been looking forward to greatly. Clear, still, an almost unbearably lovely sky.

A fine start to the day.

Small fire lit, birds going crazy and all fed and sleeping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was in a taxi today and the taxi driver was telling me about how much he loves Irish folk music. He turned up the music in the car and then started playing the spoons to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I was in a taxi today and the taxi driver was telling me about how much he loves Irish folk music. He turned up the music in the car and then started playing the spoons to it :)

I'd have started looking for the hidden camera

Just picked up a bottle of whisky I was waiting 4 weeks for...so worth it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I'd have started looking for the hidden camera

He had a small bodhran aswell and he asked me if i wanted to play it. (Not a euphemism!!) He said sometimes he takes it out for drunk fares. He drove me home before and he has a block 1980s Motorolla mobile phone in the car as well :D

• Advertisement

Lorelli! wrote: »
    He had a small bodhran aswell and he asked me if i wanted to play it. (Not a euphemism!!) He said sometimes he takes it out for drunk fares. He drove me home before and he has a block 1980s Motorolla mobile phone in the car as well :D

There was a guy like that on Joe Duffy today; I think it was the pipes though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement