Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got delayed in work today and had to rush to get my car cleaned for my NCT. They were closing but when they found out it was for my NCT, they kept it. They cleaned the outside and hoovered it. They even took the hubcaps off and closed all of my seatbelts. I am so grateful!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

inspiring others through my autism presentations (I found out recently a person who saw one of my presentations was inspired by me to find her voice and is now writing a book). I'm honored :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Graces7 wrote: »
    er... have you seen the forecast?

Well we're headed in the right direction :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

quickbeam wrote: »
    Getting a flash of the lights or a wave of the hand from a driver after I've done something nice for them like letting them out at traffic. Love feeling appreciated.

I always let folk pass; have found that lorry drivers flash thank you but very few car drivers do and yes, makes me chuckle

So when a tractor pulls over to let me pass I let them know THANK YOU!

Noveight wrote: »
    Well we're headed in the right direction :p

Come here right now and say that! Roaring gale and sideways deluge... I cannot get round the side of the house to look at the ocean but it will be a roiling seething ..... only a field away..LOVE it though!

• Advertisement

THE BANSHEE has arrived! Happy to be snug indoors, stove fire lit, knitting fluffy Easter chicks to put Cadbury creme eggs in for my neighbour;s nephews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Medically prescribed oxycodone and black coffee.

The-Smile-Man.jpg

The 3-year-old began montessori recently. She came back last week and told us she knew all about this thing called the continents. So after dinner she got up and, clearly emulating her teacher, walked to the far side of the kitchen and used an imaginary map on the far wall to explain to us about all these continent things.

I, of course, had some questions back at the kitchen table and she got frustrated with me, walked into the next room where her toys were, fumbled about in the box, walked back in, waves a flashing stick at me which I quickly realised was a wand from her magic games and says 'Abracadabra! You're a frog. You can't talk anymore!' and roars laughing at me. Little fecker.

Whatever about that rebel, the 1-year-old is beautiful. Last night I put him into his little cliabhán and he was exuding love, hugging his little white teddy bear by sitting in what we'll call his yoga (!) position with his legs crossed, and moving his upper body forward into the cuddly bear repeatedly and smiling. He then hands me the bear to do the same so I'm outside the cot putting my massive head into this tiny bear (it is cuddly, though!) and he thinks this is so funny and gives the most infectious little laugh repeatedly. He finally falls into his own codladh an ghaiscígh with his little hand holding mine through the cot rail.

And to think some beguiling cailín is going to break that great little heart some day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The 3-year-old began montessori recently. She came back last week and told us she knew all about this thing called the continents. So after dinner she got up and, clearly emulating her teacher, walked to the far side of the kitchen and used an imaginary map on the far wall to explain to us about all these continent things.

I, of course, had some questions back at the kitchen table and she got frustrated with me, walked into the next room where her toys were, fumbled about in the box, walked back in, waves a flashing stick at me which I quickly realised was a wand from her magic games and says 'Abracadabra! You're a frog. You can't talk anymore!' and roars laughing at me. Little fecker.

Whatever about that rebel, the 1-year-old is beautiful. Last night I put him into his little cliabhán and he was exuding love, hugging his little white teddy bear by sitting in what we'll call his yoga (!) position with his legs crossed, and moving his upper body forward into the cuddly bear repeatedly and smiling. He then hands me the bear to do the same so I'm outside the cot putting my massive head into this tiny bear (it is cuddly, though!) and he thinks this is so funny and gives the most infectious little laugh repeatedly. He finally falls into his own codladh an ghaiscígh with his little hand holding mine through the cot rail.

And to think some beguiling cailín is going to break that great little heart some day...

My TH is your posts about your children. They always put a smile on my face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Getting a mahoosive box of chocolates and a nice bottle of wine from my god children for mothers day. All set for the long weekend now.

Really needed, feeling crap lately, so nice to be thought of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just remembered that today is steak and blowjob day. Perfect excuse for a cuddle tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just remembered that today is steak and blowjob day. Perfect excuse for a cuddle tonight

Also Pi Day.

Have some Apple pie after the steak.

That the dog has finally stopped snoring.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I took advantage of the rotten day to have a good clear out of wardrobes and presses. Everything is now much tidier, and I have two bags of clothes for the local charity shop. Also TH that I finally have the cop on to stop deluding myself I'll ever be a size 10 again, be healthy and happy is more important than a number on a label. (Jaysus, that's very philosophical)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You know, I'd completely forgotten how calming just listening to music could be...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My little niece is three weeks old and brother sént us a picture óf her in her little rocking seat with her little book :3.

That the critters are all fed and ASLEEP. Me too; fed that is.... Huge peaceful furballs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

I have a mega crush on one of the guys in our New York office. MEGA. He’s over in London semi-regularly so I get to chat to him in person every so often. He’s so lovely...

Yesterday it was announced that he’s moving to our London office to take on a new role. I emailed congratulating him & we bantered a little and it secretly made me night. YES HOTTIE LETS BE HAVING YA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite being "old" and unemployed for a couple of years, my friend got a job yesterday, it has free parking which is a few minutes walk from his job, he's happy for the walk.

Solicitor confirmed to him that his grabby ex NOT entitled to any of his wages.

Had a good look at my assignments yesterday, and found a strategic way to get them both done on time.

Concerned about the *dog when the canvassing for #repeal starts, sib found a poster some lovely person has drawn and put online for people like me to download and display, she was so lovely to me when I pm'ed to thank her.

*dog is one of the breeds on the restricted list and very protective of his house/car/people. Because of this he can be loud at times and would be put down if anyone complained about him.Which made the poster and the artists attitude more important to me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bambi985 wrote: »
    I have a mega crush on one of the guys in our New York office. MEGA. He’s over in London semi-regularly so I get to chat to him in person every so often. He’s so lovely...

Yesterday it was announced that he’s moving to our London office to take on a new role. I emailed congratulating him & we bantered a little and it secretly made me night. YES HOTTIE LETS BE HAVING YA
    :pac:
    Woman-Chasing-Man.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Seeing a chocolate bunny shagging his Easter egg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

TH at my fresh new username :pac:

SusieBlue wrote: »

All these new usernames. I don't cope well with change on this scale!

TH at the lovely username though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just changed my bed sheets \o/ and quilt cover \o/ :D

my mam might have helped with the quilt cover :o:3

SusieBlue wrote: »

I haven't a clue who you were tbh :confused:

:pac::pac:

Watching Young Offenders.

In stitches here with tears laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,655 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Screen shots of Jessica Jones' ass in those faded blue jeans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Watching Young Offenders.

In stitches here with tears laughing at it.

It's absolutely hilarious. I was hysterical at 'and a bottle of milk, leading us to believe that there may be an infant on board the bus' :D

It's absolutely hilarious. I was hysterical at 'and a bottle of milk, leading us to believe that there may be an infant on board the bus' :D
    And the auld ones, there's always one.

And now a sing-song on a hi-jacked bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

The powers of social media has me smiling today :)

• Advertisement

this site is presently...some hilarious threads on it...great reading. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement