Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Prospect of a shopping day, made more evocative by the uncertainty of the weather.... which governs the ferry

Happy to hear the birds before 630am, and that the stray is eating well and crying less

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

CAKE FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy too that I have traced a nasty annoying rattle/squeak in the fabric of the dwelling when the wind is from a certain direction.. Oiled everything etc and still...
    SO I was out at the back, gathering dry sticks and I suddenly realised in a flash of LIGHT that the small low branches were moving against the (aluminium) wall and squeaking..problem has now been .... burnt.

Takes a long time to get used to sounds in a new place

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    CAKE FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want some please ... enjoy!

YO HO! YO HO! It's off to sea I go .. Yippee!

(Unless there is a last minute cancellation which does happen sometimes., in which case I will be back before I have gone.. ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its Spring according to the queue of birds lining up on the wall to have a go on the feeder .But the pretty goldfinches are back ( or bold finches as my grandchild calls them ) and back into bullying mode .For their little size they can be very bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's not POLAR outside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Had to stay 3 hours in work to do some personal work.

Managed to get paid for it . Work while supervising people who don't need supervision

Win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The gift of a sunny dry evening. Just did a lap or two of the garden, as I haven't been outside all day. Crocus, daffodil, and primula all in bloom under a pale blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got to wash my oily hands. (See the Trivial annoyance thread.) :)

And I'm going home in 26 minutes.

And even though I just saw what my next credit card bill will be like, I realised why. I bought stuff like gig tickets and accommodation for said gig, and a few other bits and pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

2 new smellys arrived in the post for me today....I smell smexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The mother in law is coming to visit tomorrow until Monday. (Un)fortunately I'd already booked flights to go to Ireland so I'm off on Friday and back on Monday, which is coincidentally when she leaves :D We get on grand but it can be a bit awkward with a language barrier and she's mad full of energy and I can't keep up with her with my lungs at all. I'll be at home in Cork being pampered by my mammy and I have a lovely lady coming to visit me too (she knows who she is :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm an auntie again. My brother's fiancée had a baby girl this morning.

New baby smell !!
    I always thought it was a myth....I genuinely never held a baby until my own daughter was born...and the baby smell made me all mushy :)

Very very happy to be home after a great day away So many lambs and the greening mountains,

The abundance of good, well-priced food in the shops. And folk in small Mayo towns always with a smile and a chat.

Happy that I could not miss the boat home as I was to be the only passenger on the 8 seater open curragh and the ferrymen my good neighbours..
    Kind and supportive men..carrying the bags, helping me in an off the boat...
    Bringing me and shopping home..

Happy that almost as I asked when the seals would be back from the deep water winter fishing areas, two popped up following the boat..

Happy that this little dwelling is well filled with food; freezer, fridge,cupboards, so I am home for two weeks now. Holy Week and Easter

Happy too that the painkillers I took as soon as I got in, worked well enough so I could seek out the club sandwich I planned for supper.. I never seem to get time for food on these busy days..

Happy day..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

While walking down to the school this morning I felt something slipping out of the leg of my jeans (second day of wear). I was more than TH that it was just yesterday's sock and not my knickers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My eldest dog got in trouble earlier with his daddy. All was apparently forgiven and forgotten about until I came home. Dog kept walking past his daddy putting his head down looking sad and folorn. I gave out to his dad. Dad admitted he gave out to dog earlier but all had been fine all evening. Made a big show about telling dad he was a bold boy and praising dog. He said sorry to dog. Dog still milking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My eldest dog got in trouble earlier with his daddy. All was apparently forgiven and forgotten about until I came home. Dog kept walking past his daddy putting his head down looking sad and folorn. I gave out to his dad. Dad admitted he gave out to dog earlier but all had been fine all evening. Made a big show about telling dad he was a bold boy and praising dog. He said sorry to dog. Dog still milking it.

Thanks for posting this, it gave me a good laugh imagining a grown man apologising to a dog. Proper order. :D

I made a pile of buns (cupcakes if you're been fancy). I know the sugar will drive the hot flushes mad, but what the feck, you got to have some enjoyment in life!

Hearing the blustering wind in the dark world .. Being snug and safe. Work for my hands... New "hat" order for Kilkenny .. painkillers that work. Hot Cross Buns to toast..

Just heard the first birdsong through the wind blusters at 6.17 am

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The first swallow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    The first swallow. :)

My durty mind thinks of something other than the bird.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You were thinking coffee, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My four year old son is obsessed with the guardians of the galaxy soundtrack. It’s so funny watching him sing along to songs that are older than me, never mind him.
    He is hyjacking my Spotify account and has the awesome mix 1 playlist repeating. Currently bopping along to “hooked on a feeling” by Johnny maestro & Brooklyn Bridge :D

Last 4 posts are a closed book to me; no idea what on this sweet green earth you are on about... ah well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy to be going home, today was disaster, code wise.

When someone with tourettes is in full flow and the look on people's faces who haven't a clue what's happening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

The Deadpool 2 trailer. I may have squealed with delight when watching it :o

Bedtime makes me happy today. Been a funny old day, Was readiing re broken glass on cars and apparently it can be spontaneous... Imagine!

Anyone ever used the "nationwide autoglass replacemenr" firms? They sound pricey?

G'night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I came home from work and decided to put on make up and a dress and now I feel like an actual model:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Just back from the second interview for a job. I’m in the last 3. The interview was supposed to be tomorrow but changed to today so hurray for not knowing, I’d have had a restless night thinking about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement