Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

A nice stretch on a Saturday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The smell of something baking in the oven. Mmmm.. I'm making mocha squares right now. Going to have a couple with a glass of Bailey's. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Stores that offer free gift wrapping, it just makes life so much easier. When you get free gift wrapping and free delivery it's perfect.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When my feet finally de-ice.. I have raynauds and these days that rarely happens..but bliss when the circulation wins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

A seat on the train that doesnt have some who stinks sitting near it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Discovering a forgotten €20.00 note in my jacket pocket! :):)

A beautiful November sunset on the west coast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I got one of my old PS1 games working again by removing the scratches with toothpaste. I didn't think it would actually work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Love getting into my big comfy bed on a rainy night.

Morning snuggles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The weekend nearly here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

Early morning sex. :D

Being slightly less in pain, than I have been for over a month. It a good start

Made a jelly last night and it set perfickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Snuggling with my OH on cold winter nights to keep warm and when you make something for the first time and it turns out perfectly, I've never made cinnamon swirl cake (or any swirl cake) before and it turned out great and my OH can't get enough of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Hibernating under the duvet while listening to the elements batter the world outside my window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

using a new washing up liquid for the first time and realising that it actually smells really really nice.

Coffee in a MASSIVE mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭crybaby

completing a bit of work for university

sitting down with a cup of tea and watching an episode of something enjoyable

getting into bed and reading

looking at my two year old son sleeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Weekend marathon Four in a Bed sessions ... The tv show lads, the tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Sippin' tae and talkin' shite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

We bought a Frozen doll for my niece for her birthday, but found something she'd like even more. So we kept the frozen doll as her Christmas present.

My husband got an email in work about a Christmas present drive they do, everyone sponsors an Irish child at Christmas through a charity. Their parents can't afford presents so they are donated and given as their Santa gift.

I've just found out that this doll is sold out everywhere and selling for hundreds of euro online :D So this little 4 year old girl will be getting the most sought after gift this year. Made me feel really good.

Edit- it sounds like we're still giving it to the niece :o we're not, we're giving it to the child were sponsoring through the charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,816 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When I arrive at my parents house and as soon as l open the car door the dog jumps up and puts his paws on my leg and sticks his head into me to be petted.

He's always happy to see me 😊.

Last week, when I left I'd gone about 200 yards when I realized I'd forgotten something, I turned back and as soon as I pulled in he rushed over and did the same thing, even though I'd been there all day and had only left 30 seconds earlier.
    Makes you feel loved.

The way that when I have been out all day my feral cat is always sitting on the doorstep waiting for me.. I know; cupboard love but he is a welcoming sight after a long hard day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Monday morning perfectly made cups of tea.
    *sip*

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh*, that's good :)

*that's a good aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, not a bad aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

When i'm king of the channels..........

having the house to myself lying on the couch with the remote in my hand:pac:

sheer blissssssssss

Getting a huge and totally unexpected parcel in the post, crammed full of lovely knitting wool in glorious colours...like a flea in a nudist colony here with it scattered over my bed...anonymous too but a lady in summer at the stall said she had wool he wanted to give so that is where it came from; people know I sell for the homeless etc,
    I hear that quite often but I know folk mean well then forget..the thought is a kindness in itself
    So very kind on a dark drab day! Been knitting wee cuddly owls so onward at bedtime with new colours.. when I clear the bed that is! and feed the dogs and cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Everything is making me happy today.

Waking up having someone hold my hand when they're still sleeping.
    Getting to work early and being able to get my favourite breakfast in the cafe across from where I work.
    Being quiet in work and beating my scores on candy crush.
    It being almost the weekend.
    My dogs being amazing and cute and loveable
    Having an entire weekend of tv to catch up on this weekend

Everything is making me happy today.

Waking up having someone hold my hand when they're still sleeping.
    Getting to work early and being able to get my favourite breakfast in the cafe across from where I work.
    Being quiet in work and beating my scores on candy crush.
    It being almost the weekend.
    My dogs being amazing and cute and loveable
    Having an entire weekend of tv to catch up on this weekend

That is so lovely! Thank you...

Rice pudding cooked in the oven of the small range that is the heart of the house. Old fashioned rice pudding with a golden brown skin and a dash of nutmeg, cooked in a brown earthenware pot...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've been slightly unwell all week and gradually getting worse. It seemed like a chest infection was setting in, and I was worried I might be out of action just as the weekend rolled in. But low and behold, two hours until I get out of work and I've been steadily improving all day! Result.

• Advertisement

I've been slightly unwell all week and gradually getting worse. It seemed like a chest infection was setting in, and I was worried I might be out of action just as the weekend rolled in. But low and behold, two hours until I get out of work and I've been steadily improving all day! Result.

Oh THANK YOU for this encouragement. Lying here praying for a miracle as the cold I have is worsening and I could not bear to miss the Craft Fair on Sunday. THANK YOU! You have given me hope... I have worked so hard getting ready.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement