Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm going to try concentrate on positive things too so here goes -

1. I love my boyfriend, I never say that but lately I'm completely loved up and I am loving it. Very happy and although I could quite happily wring his neck most days I'm so glad I have him.

2. I love my job. I have never loved a job so much. The girls are mostly nice. I have a really good friend there already. It's the best atmosphere, and I can honestly see myself there in 10 years time.

3. Today started well. I was up early, wasn't rushing, got to work stress free. Had time for breakfast.

4. Had noodles for lunch. Complete disappointment but I was promising myself for ages I'd have noodles and today I wasn't too lazy to walk to the noodle bar.

5. Was super busy which made the day go really fast.

6. Got a super duper blog review which made me really embarrassed initially but now I'm over that and am really proud.

7. The guy from the cafe across from work came over this evening with a slice of free cake.

8. The same guy always makes me smile when I go into his cafe, he's like an insta good mood charm.

9. Have a lovely night ahead.

10. It's almost my weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Not sure if you'd class this as trivial but I just found out that one of the main guests at next year's Dublin Comic Con is freakin' Billy West!
    That news has made my night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Far from trivial but I made it to the Craft Fair and had a grand day with plenty of sales...So deeply thankful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you're going to cross the road, just as you get to the lights they go green without you having to press the button and you stroll across feeling like some kind of super-hero with telekenetic powers.

The tiny glass of flowers on my bedroom table... a small spray of white roses, one Sweet William and two marigolds from my neglected garden here. They mean more that any bought flowers ever could.

• Advertisement

Dramatik wrote: »
    When you're going to cross the road, just as you get to the lights they go green without you having to press the button and you stroll across feeling like some kind of super-hero with telekenetic powers.

I always want to command OPEN SESAME when i approach automatic doors....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having my purple hair back. I can't stop swishing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

being off until Tuesday:D:D:D:D

esp after a real long week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Had a tough experience at work today......got a phone call that improved my mood no end......made me happy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The drive from Dublin to Donegal after many years living abroad
    Hearing people speaking a foreign language when walking around Dublin and being able to understand what they are saying
    Deleting empty sheets from within an excel file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Station hoppin on the radio in da car and consistently hitting on great songs. luv it. #rockon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I like doing nothing... It makes me smile even though I achieve nothing from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Seeing some trendily dressed young fellas (early twenties) giving a homeless guy a box of chocolates on Saturday afternoon on South William Street in Dublin. Nice gesture lads. We need more like you. :)

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Seeing some trendily dressed young fellas (early twenties) giving a homeless guy a box of chocolates on Saturday afternoon on South William Street in Dublin. Nice gesture lads. We need more like you. :)

Oh perfect as they say here in Kerry,,, go and do likewise...

The look on childrens faces when they see the little knitted birds and animals on my stall.. owls around two inches high in fur yarn.... and the look on the faces of adult when I tell them our Christmas bells, small and hand knitted in glitter thread, ring!i There is surely hope for the human race when folk can still delight in these small joys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh perfect as they say here in Kerry,,, go and do likewise...

Agreed, they set a lovely example to us all! :)

The simple comfort of a big stone heated in the range and wrapped in a towel at my feet on a bitter day.,, nb still not replaced the hwb that burst :rolleyes: Maybe tomorrow

Ah great! Just got my first ever loyalty card vouchers from Dunnes....off to have a spree tomorrow and I will forgive the excessive time it took them to sort my card and that it is only dated to last July

Peeling the film off a new TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Snow outside but nowhere I have to go. Brew of coffee on. Radio on. Dog curled up on her mat. All housework done. A great book to read. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Another good hospital appt story:) appt for 9. In and out by 9.25 :D

Hooyah!

Snow outside but nowhere I have to go. Brew of coffee on. Radio on. Dog curled up on her mat. All housework done. A great book to read. Happy days.

Sounds like a Perfect day, Julio Tasty Spring ,Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jake1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a Perfect day, Srameen ,Enjoy :)

To be honest any day they don't read my name out in the local radio death announcements is a perfect day. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Peeling the film off a new TV :D
    OH GOD YES! Few things more satisfying than that! :D

For me, it's the simple pleasure of finally having a workable mouse. I can now drag, drop and highlight words and paragraphs again! Simple stuff but when your mouse has been glitching for weeks, it's a welcome relief when it's all sorted.
    I also cooked Provencal Chicken* for the first time today and it turned out fantastic. The tomato sauce is so very simple and I might use the recipe to make a base for a spicy lasagne sauce.

*= From this cookbook. A truly magnificent recipe book for the cooking entusiasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Exams are over :D Bring on Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

being told my takeaway delivery will be about 40 minutes and then it arrives in 15.

That makes me worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Getting into bed with freshly changed bedclothes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Getting into bed with freshly changed bedclothes.....

I love this too but whenever I change the bedclothes, I have to make sure that I get into the clean bed with clean pjs in and am freshly showered. It makes for the best nights sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Kittens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Being in the warmth on a night like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement