Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

hanging out with the cousin (and one of my few close friends) who ive not seen in a year and a half...having such a laugh and a joke...like he never went away

jesus the best craic ive had in ages last night was:):)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When you've completed a drive without meeting any d1ckheads on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have two parrots (Charlie and Ruby) and two weeks ago I got two puppies (Lily and Jamie). The puppies are a maltese/bichon mix and are the cutest things ever. They look like toys that have come to life.

I was worried about how the parrots would react but they have been soooo good. When Charlie first saw them he kept staring and then he says "woof"! I knew the parrots were intelligent but I was floored by his astuteness :) When the parrots hear the puppies coming, they start whistling and saying "come here" :D When the puppies bark, the parrots bark too. It melts my heart :o

It's like a zoo in my house and pretty noisy at times but I just love how well they interact with each other. No matter how bad/stressful a day I'm having, when I get home none of that matters. The puppies sleep on my bed at night. When they go to sleep, they stretch themselves out on the bed but when I wake up, they're lying at the top of my head. They let my sleep but as soon as I wake up they're all over me. Best alarm clock ever and I no longer have the urge to hit the snooze button :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Pics please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Pics please!
    You can't post pictures in AH but here is a link to a picture I posted of Lily. My brother took it on Christmas day.
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    cV4RWm4l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The middle of the night sitting up in silence for a few minutes enjoying the fact that all is quite and nobody can ask you anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I come home and see my dogs, and the older one has this smiley face that he keeps for when he's super excited. After my dad went, he didn't smile for ages but the past two months he's constantly doing it and It makes me so happy.

The way they cuddle into each other on the sofa. The big dog minds the puppy and if they're separated for a while, as soon as they're back together, the big dog starts licking the puppy all over.

I love how the puppy comes everywhere with me. To the sitting room to clean out the fireplace. To the toilet. To the shower. And anywhere he can't get in, he waits by the door for me to come back.

When I see how happy they are, how healthy they are, how good their coats look.

When the big dog sleeps and his tongue sticks out. He's done this from when he was a baby puppy and it's just so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silenagig

A piece of toasted brown soda bread with butter and marmalade just before bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Wispas dipped in tea, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

That split second you realise your hangover has left your body and you feel like you could drink the world dry again.

Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

When I cook a meal and it not only turns out great but actually tastes like restaurant quality!!:D

Thankfully I restrained myself from taking pictures/posting on facebook... But I did feel like a smug/pretentious cultured person while eating it..:pac:

The video for George Ezra "listen to the man" makes me so happy!
    That old man is a legend!

The smell of some of my favourite candles when lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Snow...... I love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The song 'A Fifth of Beethoven'. I just makes me want to get up and dance right here in the middle of the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I love making fresh footprints in unbroken snow and the satisfying crunching sound it makes under my feet. I love the snow in general. I can't wait to go out and (try and fail to) build a snowman in the park. Might make one on my fire escape as well. Ooh and on the ledge outside my bedroom window! I should not be this excited. But I am! SNOW!! :D Eeeeeee!

Ahem, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

When I come home and see my dogs, and the older one has this smiley face that he keeps for when he's super excited. After my dad went, he didn't smile for ages but the past two months he's constantly doing it and It makes me so happy.

The way they cuddle into each other on the sofa. The big dog minds the puppy and if they're separated for a while, as soon as they're back together, the big dog starts licking the puppy all over.

I love how the puppy comes everywhere with me. To the sitting room to clean out the fireplace. To the toilet. To the shower. And anywhere he can't get in, he waits by the door for me to come back.

When I see how happy they are, how healthy they are, how good their coats look.

When the big dog sleeps and his tongue sticks out. He's done this from when he was a baby puppy and it's just so cute

:):):) Love this!! A real 'feel-good' post!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Snow. I love snow and it is one thing that I miss from a crap of a country I came from. There was a small blizzard on the way to cork and back home last night and I was driving through it with a huge smile on my face! Who knew I would miss something stupid like that.
    Then it was completely snowed it this morning. All town was like a big skating rink. Had my car going sideways and again, me with a huge smile on my face. I start very early in the morning and carpark is completely empty. I ended up messing around with my car in snow like a child. :o

All this just made my day and I was in stupidly good mood all day at work.

I guess enjoying the little things is the best way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

A phone call from a friend that actually made me lol......yes I actually laughed out loud......can't beat it....... :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Everyone getting out of the way for an ambulance, I don't know why but I nearly weep with joy/love because everyone is working together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The smell of cocoa butter. Mmmmm :).

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

When toast is just that perfect balance between crunchy and moist, and the butter doesn't completely melt in. Bliss. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Getting into a warm bed on a cold night, thanks to an electric blanket.

Having a particularly nice cup of tea.

Letting chocolate melt in your mouth and washing it down with tea.

Red wine and cheese together.

Sunday roasts; the smells, the tastes, the comforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A nice mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Call me strange but I love watching people do simple repetitive things. Good example is flight attendants walking down the aisle selling whatever it is they're flogging at the time -

'scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers...'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FreeFallin wrote: »
    Call me strange but I love watching people do simple repetitive things. Good example is flight attendants walking down the aisle selling whatever it is they're flogging at the time -

'scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers... scratchcards, newspapers...'

I think they're calling that ASMR these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Getting a clean sweep on the drive home from work when your iPod's on shuffle :)

Watching my dogs ears prick up at the mention of certain words, eg, walkies, bickies, get the ball, etc

Ratmouse that reminds me of my dogs once freaking out when I said "I love you" to my OH at the time. They totally knew that was their phrase not his

• Advertisement

Ratmouse that reminds me of my dogs once freaking out when I said "I love you" to my OH at the time. They totally knew that was their phrase not his

That's so funny Lexie. They're unreal aren't they?! So intelligent. We now have to spell certain words in front of our fella and I'd swear he's even beginning to cop onto the tone of how W A L K is spelt! I could talk about dogs and their ways all day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement