Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

A strange one but it makes me happy. It is impossible to sing 500 miles by The Proclaimers without putting on a Scottish accent. I love it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Was watching "Once" earlier.
    Theres a scene where Glen Hansard's character is in the Czech girls flat.
    The lads(Czech/Polish?)from upstairs come into her flat to watch "Fair City" as she owns the only telly in the building.
    The watch it to learn English.

"You are pregnant? Aw Jaysus"
    *said in EE accents with a heavy Dublin influence*

Made me smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Dancing around my room screaming along to happy songs,

When someone smiles,

When it rains just after I get in the house,

When the dog is running around the garden,

When the cat pretends to like me when I'm feeding her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

So nice too find a positive tread with people not trying to get the better of others or making negative comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

When your sitting in traffic on a main street for eg. The traffic on the opposite side of the road is stopped too. The guy sitting in the car going the opposite direction (who happens to be not too bad in the looks department!) gives you 'the eye'. And then you both drive on as the traffic moves again. Always feel happy/bold when this happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I was bowed to yesterday :p . Passed a guy on the footpath and he said "Hi, hi, how are you? " and bowed. I am the queen :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

ratmouse wrote: »
    When your sitting in traffic on a main street for eg. The traffic on the opposite side of the road is stopped too. The guy sitting in the car going the opposite direction (who happens to be not too bad in the looks department!) gives you 'the eye'. And then you both drive on as the traffic moves again. Always feel happy/bold when this happens!

When that happens to me I usually get the two fingers from the woman. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Milder days in winter, today was nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

When you wake up thinking your late only to realise you've another hour in bed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Being worried sick about something and then being told there was nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

In a well known posh shop in Dublin paid using a gift card thinking it was worth €50 nope it's worth €250 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

My daughters are watching Return of the Jedi for the bazzilionth time. The six year old bouncing around the room with excitement as the action kicks off on the barges out in the desert.

I wasn't much older than her when I saw it first and still remember the thrill.

I'm feeling mighty connected to them and all circle-of-life-y.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

In my local the other day to get some phone credit and I asked for 20 euros worth. The cashier told me there was a 50c charge on top and asked me if this OK before fetching the credit. I didn't mind and happily payed the charge, glad that I was told about first before it came to paying in case I had no extra change, which I did. She also wished me a nice day upon leaving. A small thing but still appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Being able to smell the conditioner smell from my freshly washed hair all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The evenings are getting brighter. I was playing with the puppies outside till half five today and it was still bright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Raindrops and Roses and whiskers nothing like a tin of whiskers to cheer me up after a bad day yum..

Being called 'Love' or 'Hunny-Bunny' by my salt of the earth, Dublin to the core gorgeous neighbours in Ballyfermot :)

Raindrops and Roses and whiskers nothing like a tin of whiskers to cheer me up after a bad day yum..

Are you a cat? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭corkchick88

I am so easily amused but I absolutely love funny animal videos on youtube

Little birdies tweeting in the garden and no other sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭kimmykins

starting a new book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

lolo62 wrote: »
    Are you a cat? ;)

Meow, Hunny bunny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Robins in my garden. There are no Robins in NZ and I think they are gorgeous.

I have a small, high top window in the kitchen which I often open just a little bit. My cat jumps up, holds on with her paws and hangs there for a bit while trying to push herself through. I find this hilarious to the point I often open that window instead of letting her in the door. Don't ring the IRSPCA :P

Meow, Hunny bunny ;)

Two of my favourite statements!

"Contains violence and horror from the outset"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭PNA

I am so easily amused but I absolutely love funny animal videos on youtube

I could watch them for hours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭theboy1

Having something cancelled that you didn't want to attend in the first place and now have load of free time to do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

After a particularly difficult few weeks-which as always I've told nobody about-I got texts /emails from 3 different friends looking to meet for coffee. How lucky am I?

I mightn't have 26,738 friends on Facebook, but the few I have are pure gems.

How utterly excited my doggy gets when you put her harness on her. And then how she can barely control herself enough to sit down while I clip her lead on. She runs around in circles and you can nearly hear her going "ohmigodohmigodohmigodwe'regoingwalkiesohmigod".

It's too bloody cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭brevity

The Jurassic Park theme tune.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement