Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Taking a different coat out to wear for the evening, and discovering money in the pocket.

the mixture of salted popcorn and chocolate m & ms in the same mouthful. yum

the machines at the bank that allows me to lodge cheques, coins, all sorts... and saves me interacting with an actual person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I've been working a lot lately and haven't been home much. I've just had enough time to feed and water my pets, bring them for walks and give them individual attention. I'm also getting work done on the house.

This morning it looked like a bomb hit the place, partly because I haven't had time to clean it properly and also because Ruby (a parrot) found the pile of newspapers and shredded them to bits so it looked like I had a newspaper snow party in my lounge, the puppies got hold of a roll of toilet roll and the rest of the house looked like a foam party and the plumber came this morning to remove a sink from the bedroom and left a load of old pipes/sh!te all over the place.

This morning I could've cried at the state of the place. Now, after a LOT of cleaning, hoovering and tidying my house looks respectable and I can go to bed tonight without feeling like I'm sleeping in a building site :) I keep walking around the place and can't get over the difference. It's soooo relaxing :D

Discovering that moving my bedroom furniture round is much easier than it was in my last flat.

Last flat had one of those bulky box beds, with the bed part in two halves... but this one has a bed frame with a mattress on top, and was basically just a case of pushing it round and over other side of room.

Also trivial thing that makes me happy is now having a bed against the wall instead of the middle of the room. Much prefer being able to curl up against the wall, rather than just lying there.

Also TA makes me happy is finally tidying up and finding stuff that I'd lost - this time my cosy winter had that I've been lost without, and my library card. Here's hohping I haven't lost them since though ;) Just my style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

4 day working weeks!

A local friend deciding to go to an event I'm going to this evening, and offering me a lift there and back - essentially saving me two buses there, a taxi and a bus back, a late walk home from bus station in the dark, and at least ten quid :D

A local friend deciding to go to an event I'm going to this evening, and offering me a lift there and back - essentially saving me two buses there, a taxi and a bus back, a late walk home from bus station in the dark, and at least ten quid :D

oh and that this is quite a cute guy... definitely a plus... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

A beautiful Easter Sunday with no stress!

that my account is now old enough that I can now post urls and stuff... oh and the big plus of actually, you know, being able to edit my posts. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,981 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

On a lovely sunny day, managing to find a nice table outdoors at a cafe.

It's so rare.... that is is trivially ecstatic making!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Having a delicious homemade lunch after doing the food shopping.

When an Easter Egg is lovely and thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Being able to leave the front door open and letting the sun shine in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The smell of sun tan lotion on my skin in April!! :)

Plungers.

Plungers are a trivial thing that make me happy .

Bath kept getting really clogged up with dirt no matter how much I cleaned it. Realised it needed a good old plunge - which I had to go. Plunged it with the plunger and it brought up the biggest load of gunk (TA), but on the bright side bath's all nice and clean and non-slippy now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

stripping the bed and taking the bedclothes off the line later that day DRY! I've turned into my mother (probably not a bad thing!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Coming out of the bathroom several pounds lighter than when I went in, my colon enjoying "that just-brushed feeling". :p

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    Coming out of the bathroom several pounds lighter than when I went in, my colon enjoying "that just-brushed feeling". :p

Were you using my plunger? :P

When I search for something I think I've lost, and then realise that I've actually put it in the post sensible place of all.

I am constantly misplacing things, and was convinced I'd left this somewhere random... so didn't even check the sensible designated place... but was so pleased with myself when I checked it and found it there... oh and glad I hadn't spent another half hour checking the random places first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Finding a forgotten €20 note in pocket! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just back from a walk, met a woman with a little girl, about three. The little girl was running along, full of the joys, then jumped down and touched the ground. For no reason, just pure joy :D. So cute to see!

Going away for work for a couple of nights - which is usual - but cos of the lovely weather trying to convince myself I'm on holidays instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Finding a forgotten €20 note in pocket! :)

When my cat finds a missing €20 note, picks it up in her mouth and delivers it to me as a present!! :D This happened yesterday morning. :)

Going away for work for a couple of nights - which is usual - but cos of the lovely weather trying to convince myself I'm on holidays instead :D

I love that too, I don't mind doing a bit of travelling for work, but the good weather does give it an extra nice feeling.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    When my cat finds a missing €20 note, picks it up in her mouth and delivers it to me as a present!! :D This happened yesterday morning. :)

Oh if only, mind you, I don't have a cat :D.

Just back from hairdresser, always happy after I get my hair done. T'is the little things, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

wanted something from ikea, and they stopped selling it. Found someone selling it, and they're dropping it to me in the morning. Yaaaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Oh if only, mind you, I don't have a cat :D.

Just back from hairdresser, always happy after I get my hair done. T'is the little things, for sure.

Had my hair cut today too. Literally feel like a tonne weight is off my head :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

YouTube is trivial at this stage as its something accessible at almost every time.

But it has added so so much to my life and deserves so much thanks.
    It has helped with entertainment, education, advice in more than one area of life.
    YouTube is excellent and brings so much happiness, thank you thank you thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Finding great books in the library after only a few minutes search as opposed to spending an hour and not finding anything at all.

Being cosy in the rain walking under an umbrella.

Resting in bed with electric blanket on low and it pouring rain outside.

Imagining what Sharon Ni Bheolin's legs look like.

Robins

Watching again and again Stevie G's slip at Anfiled and Ba going on to score.

Anytime John Terry loses.

A nice hot cup of tea for supper with a bit of fruitcake.

• Advertisement

A road that's been closed for the last long while reopened early this week. Makes getting to work easier. Sad that this makes me so happy :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement