Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

Tea. Tea is nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cat getting the all clear in the vets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭grugni

Dry Socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

^ Matching socks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sun. There is sun hitting my skin and Vitamin D is probably happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Sleeping in my own bed, after being away for work for a couple of nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the weather of course is uplifting and makes a bad day just a little more tolerable. im a much more positive person this time of the year than I would be in the winter, where everything seems bleak and dark

the weekends where traffic is relaxed because nobody's arsed to go anywhere opposed to the rush hour tedium of mon-fri.

the confused look dogs give you when they don't understand something.

when someone helps you with something without you needing to ask them, they see you need help so they take their own initiative.

finding chocolate/desserts in the fridge when you have a sweet tooth (bonus points for easter eggs, nothing better)

getting positive and quite flattering feedback on adverts.ie

shopping around and getting something cheap when it was much pricier elsewhere.

people understanding and forgiving small mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Cycling on perfectly smooth perfectly laid Tarmac- feels sooo effortless.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

.....f*ckin'......the sauce, ye know?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My new contact lenses. I can see every leaf on trees and the crisp clarity of the sunny evening is so defined :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The taste of buttered mashed potato covered in vegetable gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I used to get annoyed at how hard it was to find something inexpensive to drink when flying. No liquids through security, then bottles of bog-standard soft drinks from a vending machine for €3 each? Nope.

However, on the last couple of trips I've taken, it's not been a problem. At Dublin Airport you can find bottles of "Plane Water" on the way to the gate for €1 a pop, honour system (drop a coin in a box). At Edinburgh Airport, Boots were charging about £1 for a 750ml bottle. Thanks, folks!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's officially my birthday in about 5 minutes. Planning to go on a spree on Amazon and buy a metric ton of books I've had in my Wishlist for years! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's officially my birthday in about 5 minutes. Planning to go on a spree on Amazon and buy a metric ton of books I've had in my Wishlist for years! :D

Schones Geburtstag.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Schones Geburtstag.
    Danke schoen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Trivially happy that there's a chinese restaurant next door to the hotel I'm staying in. I know where I'll be eating tomorrow night, I think.

Edit: seems it's also a take-away. Maybe I'll get a delivery :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

McChubbin wrote: »

I had my husband put together an Amazon Wish List. It makes getting presents sooooo much easier and there's always lots of books that he wants. Now he even uses the priority order so I know what stuff he wants most. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Duff

Brand New releasing new material.

Going to buy some much-coveted concept art books in a few hours time. I'm excited as I *adore* getting things in the post. Wooooo!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Approached the canteen in work and noticed it was just the cleaning lady in there sitting down.
    When I went in, the music became audible.
    She was sitting there watching music videos of Sean Paul on her phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Got my new bank card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When a funny thread makes me laugh until there are tears :D.

When funny people make me do the same in conversation :) .

when an important character dies in the closing moments of a show and the screen silently fades to black with credits rolling instead of the usual credits with the theme song. always a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

My cat rolling around on the patio meowing for me to come out and rub her belly ❤

I had a big red spot on my upper lip yesterday, after a crisis application of my prescription creams all day yesterday it paid off and the swellings gone down and faded from angry red to barely noticeable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

bnt wrote: »
    I used to get annoyed at how hard it was to find something inexpensive to drink when flying. No liquids through security, then bottles of bog-standard soft drinks from a vending machine for €3 each? Nope.

However, on the last couple of trips I've taken, it's not been a problem. At Dublin Airport you can find bottles of "Plane Water" on the way to the gate for €1 a pop, honour system (drop a coin in a box). At Edinburgh Airport, Boots were charging about £1 for a 750ml bottle. Thanks, folks!
    Getting a pint glass of water free in the pub in Dublin Airport.

Check the waterstones/boots in the UK as some newspapers give "free" water,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Finding the remote control

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Getting on top of the laundry has made me so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Listening to a great song over and over and hearing it differently each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

When my room smells like lavender, and I'm sitting in bed watching Greys Anatomy all snuggled up listening to the rain :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement