Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You haven't gone through 24 toilet rolls in 8 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The lovely smell of a new book. *Inhales deeply.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A random bowl of cocopops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

The sun! :) Not Trivial though rather important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pan fried myself a lovely fresh trout for dinner , it was caught this morning, haven't had one in years, it was lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when people ''come out'' as having suffered depression or anxiety, maybe through a long blog post or statement on social media, or an article. I don't get a kick off their suffering, it's comfort that we aren't alone in feeling how we do. I wouldn't say ive been in the depths of the illness myself, but I've had my crap times and reading through people's stories who've had it worse is encouragement that things can turn round for the better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Went to the zoo yesterday and I had some truly amazing experiences with some of the animals. Without trying to sound to hippy dippy or spiritual, it felt like I made some connections with some of the animals.
    I sat at one of the windows in Tiger place, and one of the tigers immediately came over and sat the opposite side of the glass to me.....I know it was probably thinking I was dinner, but it seemed like it wanted to come sit beside me.

Went to the Gorilla enclosure, and I sat at the end of the window, a Gorilla immediately came over and sat in front of me mimicking me. So I put my hands on the glass, she put her foot on my hand. I rubbed my nose, she rubbed hers. Then I put my face to the glass, she tried to feed me the carrot she was eating. She put it between her teeth and pressed it up to the glass where my face was.

At the lion enclosure, again, close to the glass kneeling down and a lion came right up to the glass, turned around and sprayed p*ss on the glass right where my face was.

At the penguins, one penguin waddled over to me away from the group and stood there looking at me for a while. It probably thought I was there to feed it, but strange as they wouldn't normally do that I think.

So it was a pretty amazing experience at the zoo for me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Went to the zoo yesterday and I had some truly amazing experiences with some of the animals. Without trying to sound to hippy dippy or spiritual, it felt like I made some connections with some of the animals.
    I sat at one of the windows in Tiger place, and one of the tigers immediately came over and sat the opposite side of the glass to me.....I know it was probably thinking I was dinner, but it seemed like it wanted to come sit beside me.

Went to the Gorilla enclosure, and I sat at the end of the window, a Gorilla immediately came over and sat in front of me mimicking me. So I put my hands on the glass, she put her foot on my hand. I rubbed my nose, she rubbed hers. Then I put my face to the glass, she tried to feed me the carrot she was eating. She put it between her teeth and pressed it up to the glass where my face was.

At the lion enclosure, again, close to the glass kneeling down and a lion came right up to the glass, turned around and sprayed p*ss on the glass right where my face was.

At the penguins, one penguin waddled over to me away from the group and stood there looking at me for a while. It probably thought I was there to feed it, but strange as they wouldn't normally do that I think.

So it was a pretty amazing experience at the zoo for me yesterday

This would also make me happy.. But I think you must be like Dr. Dolittle or something :P

A good haircut, you always feel a bit lighter and better afterwards, provided they don't butcher you.

Lunch on my own in a quiet cafe with barely audible music and only the clanging of cups and plates for noise. Introverts paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

sitting inside when it's lashing rain outside and chilling on the couch :)

getting an unexpected pm :)

the smell of a new book *inhales*

Random acts of kindness from strangers/friends

Snow

Thunder and lightning, I love it :D

When you're writing, and you're really in the groove of it so much so that you get engrossed in it and don't notice the time. Suddenly it's 2am!

When you're listening to music, you're favourite song comes on and you bop along to it!

• Advertisement

having a rest after a productive day heading from A to B, knowing you've everything sorted and nothing left to the last minute.

getting stuff done well ahead of deadlines.

unexpected letters/presents through the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Hand dryers in public bathrooms that are so powerful they nearly blow the skin off ya. Gives the hands a proper fresh feel.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Lying out in the sun by the pool for the afternoon is good, but even better when you get to back to your hotel room for a while, whip off the bikini top, give your skin a bit of a rest from the sun, and rub in the aftersun. Bliss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

New socks, new jocks.

Abroad on holidays alone. Been out every night. Bought 5 days internet access for the room - well 5 days OR some certain time allowance usage.

Coming back to my room tonight, and deciding feck it, I need to have a night just chilling online, and using some of those remaining 16 hours internet usage. With my all inclusive cocktails of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

A day lying about doing feck all, followed by a chinese home delivery of spring rolls, chicken curry, chips and coca-cola, and whatever takes me pick on netflix.

listening to screamo versions of pop songs on youtube, it just amuses me to no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

People going out of their way to say Thanks

example of which, Done a Support call on a persons PC the Friday, came in the Monday morning to a message saying ''forgot to thank you for all your help the other day, Thank you so much''

IT is a thankless stressful job most times but thought that was kinda sweet and does give you a boost that not all is bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Swerved my bicycle to avoid yet another load of broken glass on the road this morning. Then I noticed it was in fact a patch of flower petals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

franer1970 wrote: »
    Swerved my bicycle to avoid yet another load of broken glass on the road this morning. Then I noticed it was in fact a patch of flower petals.

We must have cycled through the same place, I did the same

foreign lady at the deli hadn't a clue what rashers were when I asked for them in my roll, had to ask her colleague beside her who promptly pointed her to the bacon. made me laugh and smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waking up to a hideous headache, but taking two Nurofen and having that gorgeous feeling when the pain slips away and you feel all bright and breezy*
    *Not condoning use of painkillers

Having a particularly good cup of tea. You know the ones; they taste divine and quench a thirst.

That delicious vinegary kick off jarred jalapenos. And the texture. Bloody love 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When ya Go into Aldi/lidl to only buy one item and the people with full trolleys let ya skip ahead at the till. Always a favour I return!

Seeing men cycling women's bikes with baskets on the front.

One of those things that makes me inexplicably happy :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seeing men cycling women's bikes with baskets on the front.

One of those things that makes me inexplicably happy :D

I cycle my missus's bike like that on occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got an egg slicer and it has revolutionised my life! I was delighted to be able to use it this morning and there was such a satisfying feeling when I pressed down on the egg and it was sliced perfectly. I really need to get out more :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'm getting efibre so I can tell bad jokes faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

When you are looking forward to a certain date (ie Your Birthday, a match, a concert etc) and it comes up on the Best Before Date on the milk carton - meaning it is close

• Advertisement

wp_rathead wrote: »
    When you are looking forward to a certain date (ie Your Birthday, a match, a concert etc) and it comes up on the Best Before Date on the milk carton - meaning it is close

Birthday Milk :D

I love getting Birthday Milk!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement