Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Duvet forts

Is that a posh way of saying 'duvet farts'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The perfect cup of tea, and time to enjoy it. Bliss.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Is that a posh way of saying 'duvet farts'?

:D

I've said this three times out loud and it's fcuking hilarious for some reason!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Sunny sunday morning walk in the park and feeding the ducks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

I love housemusic, ballads, spicy food, double espressos, home made pizzas, my kids saying their first words with such confidence, elderflower cordial, kenyan tea, bombay pantry, carol king, mics chilli, the picture of dorian grey, starting arguments for no reason what so ever but to feel alive, lashing rain, snow, sunshine, the smell of cut grass, christy moore, my mothers brown bread, real butter, minestrone soup,

kelco stock cubes, laughing, malcolm middleton, sleep, waking up, when kids sleep, meaningful passionate debates, microsoft excel, the guardian, my neighbours contrariness, believing in something, not believing in something but knowing everythings gonna be ok, superquinn sausages, street art by maser, everything but the girl, my family, white china cups, the old dubfly magazine, power fm, marvin gaye, stevie wonder, the ballad of cable houge, indian eggs.

when DIY works, painting stuff, opening my mothers front door and shouting hello, the sound of horse shoes going past on the road outside our bedroom, chopping off stems of aloe vera plants for that shaving cut, when things come good, beano magazine, juicy apples, the smell of cigarettes in the wind, peace

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

The_fever wrote: »
    I love housemusic, ballads, spicy food, double espressos, home made pizzas, my kids saying their first words with such confidence, elderflower cordial, kenyan tea, bombay pantry, carol king, mics chilli, the picture of dorian grey, starting arguments for no reason what so ever but to feel alive, lashing rain, snow, sunshine, the smell of cut grass, christy moore, my mothers brown bread, real butter, minestrone soup,

kelco stock cubes, laughing, malcolm middleton, sleep, waking up, when kids sleep, meaningful passionate debates, microsoft excel, the guardian, my neighbours contrariness, believing in something, not believing in something but knowing everythings gonna be ok, superquinn sausages, street art by maser, everything but the girl, my family, white china cups, the old dubfly magazine, power fm, marvin gaye, stevie wonder, the ballad of cable houge, indian eggs.

when DIY works, painting stuff, opening my mothers front door and shouting hello, the sound of horse shoes going past on the road outside our bedroom, chopping off stems of aloe vera plants for that shaving cut, when things come good, beano magazine, juicy apples, the smell of cigarettes in the wind, peace

Are you bi-polar or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

newmug wrote: »
    Are you bi-polar or something?

probably just a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Being up early and out and about on autumn or winter mornings when it's really clear and frosty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

really cold water from the tap first thing in the morning in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

With a big smile and a loud voice asking a really hungover person just out of bed, "HOW'S THE HEAD?!?!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That feeling of opening a just bought bag of weed, be it Cheese or Juicy Fruit, rolling a number and then polluting the room with that delicious pungent aroma.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Singing along with Run to the Hills while driving.

First coffee of the morning.

Cold beer after a long day.

Steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Putting on hot clothes straight from the dryer.

A long, hot shower after you've been drenched in the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Curry chips
    Downloading the latest episode of the Walking Dead
    Putting on fresh warm jox off the radiator
    Having a good squeeze just before a shower
    That lovely feeling of a new pair of socks
    Overtaking a lad in a car that thinks his is fast
    Finding a fiver in a jeans that you're putting in the wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭All Hail President Murphy

Getting a parking place next to the door of work without parking in disabled spot (a scummy thing to do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone with a limerick accent says the word "intimate". The whole nasal innnnntaaamayte thing. Hell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A non native English speaker who has mastered the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

It's such a beautiful day outside today, lovely spring sunshine and the birds are singing too. :) Really made a difference to my mood, been so miserable the last few weeks and the wet grey weather didn't help!

A lovely perfectly made cup of tea with something that compliments it like a nice bar of chocolate or a piece of cake is great too.

A nice glass of wine.

When I have money to get a treat with my lunch. :)

Fresh crisp bed sheets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Had a painter come today who I'd never seen before, I opened the door to an absolute ride.

Happy Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

licking the foam off a latte
    dunking chocolate bar in said latte
    ticking things off my to-do list
    checking my online banking on payday
    leaving the office on Fridays at 4 59 pm
    getting so into a book that I almost don't want my commute to end
    seeing someone sitting by themselves killing themselves laughing at something they've just read/heard and trying to be discreet about it
    getting tipsy on a Friday night
    lie-in on a Saturday morning followed by massive breakfast

yeah, i'm a 9 to 5'er walking cliché!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Putting my retainers in at night time. <3 I trick myself into thinking I have my braces back on.

I'm one of those sad people that misses her braces and never wanted to have them off, even if I do have movie star teeth now. :( It's been 2 years since I got them off now. *sniffles*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Today I caught the first whiff of freshly cut grass in the air. That, coupled with the birds singing, made my day off a whole lot more enjoyable. And I'm not hungover too, which adds to the bliss :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Watching people play air guitar without them realising I can see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

When someone is walking towards you and gets in your way, you move one way, they do same and get in your way again, then you move other way, they're in your way again. The more it happens the funnier it is. Then you both eventually get out of each other's way, smile and walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Good hugs. I really love good hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

When all the horses have been fed and all you can hear in the inside stables is a chomping sound. Its so relaxing I love it.

Or when my horse neighs at me when I come into the yard <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

When something you've ordered online finally arrives :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

When I cycle by the bike counter on the n11 or Rock road (or anywhere) and it counts me. Makes me smile every time :D but sad when it doesn't.

Peeling labels off anything. Especially if it's one of those ones that come off all in one go without any residual stickiness.

Tea the right strength and heat. Mmmmm :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement