Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

I love it when my hilarious friend stops his/her lumbering BMW suv right in the middle of 2 lane traffic to collect me and my funny friends.

Oh its so funny - oh there she/he is, hurry hurry, oh but its raining tee hee hee how hilarious. We're running in the rain and getting slightly wet.
    Oh and Sally dropped his/her handbag tee hee.

Its funny because me and my friends are the center of the earth as we teeter in the rain towards Torquins bmw suv, everybody else counts for nothing because our transport is here and he's/she's decided like a good fellow/ladyfellow to block aaallll the traffic behind.

Couldn't possibly go 20 meters up to the roundabout and turn back - no no we have special rights and its oh so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PC Lackey wrote: »
    I love it when my hilarious friend stops his/her lumbering BMW suv right in the middle of 2 lane traffic to collect me and my funny friends.

Oh its so funny - oh there she/he is, hurry hurry, oh but its raining tee hee hee how hilarious. We're running in the rain and getting slightly wet.
    Oh and Sally dropped his/her handbag tee hee.

Its funny because me and my friends are the center of the earth as we teeter in the rain towards Torquins bmw suv, everybody else counts for nothing because our transport is here and he's/she's decided like a good fellow/ladyfellow to block aaallll the traffic behind.

Couldn't possibly go 20 meters up to the roundabout and turn back - no no we have special rights and its oh so funny.

Are you on drugs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are you on drugs?

If i was then the whole world would still have to stop for me and my friends.
    Its all about us. Tee hee hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam has gone out for the afternoon with the children. So it's me, the couch, blanket and Clueless for next hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

When a fine gael councillor actually took the trouble to give me a personal call on my mobile about a commuting to work issue I had emailed him about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

At the moment my freshly cut nails, hands and feet. Very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    When a fine gael councillor actually took the trouble to give me a personal call on my mobile about a commuting to work issue I had emailed him about.....

..... you know it's election season.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

Ice cream.....ice cream makes me happy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching my cats burrowing under the bedclothes when one is still atop and playing bedmice with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Colouring.
    I just bought a new colouring book & I'm so happy about it.

That cup of tea you make that's just perfect.

Hot buttered white toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Squirrels make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got some new work clothes for my new job today, and there was a discount on one item that I wasn't expecting and I was able to use a voucher I got for Christmas so it was a decent enough price. I got soaked in the rain but now I'm home, warm and dry and looking forward to making dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Relaxing under a warm blanket on the sofa after a lovely dinner.

Also my OH swept and washed the floors isn't he great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just had a couple of runny boiled eggs, tis the little things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Managed to fit into an American measurement medium sized roll-neck jumper this weekend! I normally take XL/XXL sizes at the best of times so it was a nice surprise. Granted, the jumper was woefully outdated in the style stakes but it's a start. I was certain I'd lost weight on account of a combination of being ill and giving up the drink but I didn't realise just how much I'd lost.
    Feeling groovy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Struggling massively to get out of bed, yet ending up slightly ahead of schedule.

Also, realising that my back which was very sore a week ago is barely sore at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Welcome back Boards. How I missed you!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I passed my driving test :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I was very nervous about going to the dentist earlier.

But I did it. :D:D

On antibiotics for 5 days though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I bought an Electric Blanket. :) Yayyyy! Will possibly never use it though due to being terrified I'll be too tired/sleepy/forget-ful to knock it off and blow the whole house up. :o :rolleyes: But will see how I go I guess.

Also. Aniseed Jelly Buttons. Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

21 days sober today!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

9 more days till payday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    9 more days till payday !!

6 more days til payday. face :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

When I see a dog's footprint in cement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Managed to get my email programme working on a new laptop.

Windows Live Mail 2012 wasn't working and after a Google search, I discovered I was missing a file (wldlog.dll)
    Managed to download it and place it in the right folder in Windows and Presto!!
    ....Windows Live Mail 2012 opens up, functioning beautifully. My day is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

It's Friday and they have free scones and cookies at work! Yessss

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That I have lasted the day until my 4 pm bedtime...been a struggle today but am here.. well nearly enough! Off to feed the critters etc,,Have a grand evening out there...thanks for the company. This illness really is hard at times but nothing to be done except what I am doing.. thankful for my knitting that feeds others and my ancient laptop; so may brave bright folk out there coping with hard things.. THANK YOU.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Feeling like a boss when my barber sees me enter the shop and says: 'The usual? :)'.

Graces7 wrote: »
    That I have lasted the day until my 4 pm bedtime...been a struggle today but am here.. well nearly enough! Off to feed the critters etc,,Have a grand evening out there...thanks for the company. This illness really is hard at times but nothing to be done except what I am doing.. thankful for my knitting that feeds others and my ancient laptop; so may brave bright folk out there coping with hard things.. THANK YOU.

What a lovely sentiment from a humble heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement