Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

A simple old lie in on a Saturday morning, no work and no plans for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Saturday Night

I've usually made some pasta dish. Tonight spicy tomato meat balls with penne rigate, freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano. Unfortunately we didn't have any bay leaves but, if I say so myself, it was the total nutz. Even the dog loved it.

Washed down with a couple of bottles of plonk de plonk, fire roaring, what could be better? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

Saturday Night

I've usually made some pasta dish. Tonight spicy tomato meat balls with penne rigate, freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano. Unfortunately we didn't have any bay leaves but, if I say so myself, it was the total nutz. Even the dog loved it.

Washed down with a couple of bottles of plonk de plonk, fire roaring, what could be better? :)

Yum, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Having a (very) quiet pint in my local, mid-week, on my own, staring at the tv when my best

mate suddenly and unexpectedly walks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

Right now the best thing in the world is my cosy bed. Damn you headcold!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Playing on the swings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

A friend I went to school with lost her dog before Xmas - naturally she was absolutely gutted
    She saw his picture on a pound Facebook page this week
    Got the dog back today - turns out a guy found him before Xmas but the pound was full when he went to give it in so he looked after it until this week
    a happy ending to a "Lost Dog" story

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm Alan Partridge
    The Office
    The Thick of It

All in a row on UK Gold tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Boards isn't slow anymore

I have a new niece. She's lovely and has gigantic feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hot water bottle and pizza, not in work happy days

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After a long day I'm sitting down with cup of tea and a packet of hob nobs. Deadly.

Wednesday night = couch night

Love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Peace in the house to dry myself in front of a big open fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Sharon del Adel's voice gives me life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭blackbox

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    After a long day I'm sitting down with cup of tea and a packet of hob nobs. Deadly.

Chocolate Hobnobs.

Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

found my sewing up needle.. today am beyond small consolations but will recover later and enjoy things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

The 'hairdresser smell' on my hair after getting highlights done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

When I was a young pre-teen, I used to adore a shower gel by Radox that smelt just like a bowl of freshly cut mandarins. Used to smother meself in the stuff! Then, as tends to happen with most things I like, they took the stuff off the market.
    I searched for years trying to find a similar scented shower gel with no luck... until today.
    Went into Boots and lo-and-behold, they had a mandarin scented Radox on the shelf! One whiff and I was 12 again. :)
    Promptly bought 3 of them. Only delighted!
    I love citrus scented stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Decided to treat myself to a Philips Airfryer this evening and gave it a spin with some frozen fish and chips..... best dinner ever! :p

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to a Philips Airfryer this evening and gave it a spin with some frozen fish and chips..... best dinner ever! :p

Ah looked at the link read " It isnt cheap" and closed the link.... Looks grand though...

McChubbin wrote: »
    When I was a young pre-teen, I used to adore a shower gel by Radox that smelt just like a bowl of freshly cut mandarins. Used to smother meself in the stuff! Then, as tends to happen with most things I like, they took the stuff off the market.
    I searched for years trying to find a similar scented shower gel with no luck... until today.
    Went into Boots and lo-and-behold, they had a mandarin scented Radox on the shelf! One whiff and I was 12 again. :)
    Promptly bought 3 of them. Only delighted!
    I love citrus scented stuff!

Loved Aqua Manda when that was around...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Even though I was woken at about 4am and up at 6, I consider that I had a good night's sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Got into work early today which means I can leave earlier! And it's Fridayyyyyy

Few hours of work left and then it's the weekend, woo hoo!

Then probably home to sit alone for the evening, whoopee fookin' do :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah looked at the link read " It isnt cheap" and closed the link.... Looks grand though...

Amazon sell them cheaply every few months. There's a thread in Bargains about them that's worth subscribing to. I got mine for €60, I think. They're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I am going to get sh1tfaced drunk with my OH in our pyjamas this evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Par boil the chips first to make them less starchy & then throw them in the air fryer...

Mmmm, crispy crunchy chips, yet still soft in the middle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Just don't go out in public in your PJ's...you will be judged :eek:

• Advertisement

Medusa22 wrote: »

Do ye both get into the same pair of pyjamas? :confused:

I bet ye do after a few 'volvos' :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement