Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I just slept for 11 hours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Passed my college exams with flying colours! More than thrilled that I don't have any repeat exams on the horizon for August! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

SAB's on the way in a bit :D

ALMOST IN GALWAY!!!!!!!! :D

ALMOST IN GALWAY!!!!!!!! :D

Unlucky! :pac:

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    SAB's on the way in a bit :D

What's a 'SAB'?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Coming home after a long walk in the cold to a warm house and a cuppa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭worded

2 days to spring. Dig out the summer clothes :-)

Medusa22 wrote: »
    What's a 'SAB'?

Saturday Afternoon Beers......and I'm off :D

Unlucky! :pac:

Shup you with your jealousy! :p

• Advertisement

Saturday Afternoon Beers......and I'm off :D

Oh enjoy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jameskflynn

Enjoying a few beers, and then waking up the next day without a hint of a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Meet a friend last night and had a good laugh. Today I have absolutely nothing to do. A nice, relaxing day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Youngest 2 grandchild just called unexpectedly. The 3 year old told her mother she'd like to see Granda and Granny for a few minutes so she "can give them a hug". Good as a tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A_smurf wrote: »
    Passed my college exams with flying colours! More than thrilled that I don't have any repeat exams on the horizon for August! :D:D:D

Delighted for you. See you in Coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭bnt

1) Had to do some laundry today, but the weather forecast said about 50% chance of rain. I risked it anyway, and by the time it was done, the sun was out, so I could put it outside. I kept one eye on the weather radar all day ... no rain was forthcoming, not even much cloud, so it was nearly dry by the time I brought it back in. Result. :cool:

2) Saw an opinion piece in Teh Grauniad asking "Should we still respect Kanye West after his public fight?" Major WTF moment. Did I miss a meeting, the one where the people voted to "respect" the twit? Then I saw the comments on the piece, and the world makes sense again.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

Rhubarb yogurt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This is looking increasingly like it will finally-FINALLY!- be the year I go to New York.
    My aunt got around to getting her passport photos done so now a plan is set in motion.
    Roll on October!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Booked Wednesday off work, not because I have an appointment or have jobs to do, just because I feel like a day off in the middle of the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Booked Wednesday off work, not because I have an appointment or have jobs to do, just because I feel like a day off in the middle of the week :)

I've booked Monday week off for the same reason! Can't wait to not be woken by an alarm on a Monday.

I'd a great weekend so I'm happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Warm bacon roll with butter and honey.. well , half a roll but grand.... Socks and a fleece to ward off the cold... safe indoors from the raging gale..knitting and a book.....the heart of winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Graces7 wrote: »
    Warm bacon roll with butter and honey..
    That sounds sickening. Whatever possessed you to put honey on a bacon roll?
    I'm aware of honey-cured gammon/ham slices, certainly, but when I read this I had a mental image of someone squeezing runny honey onto a bacon butty.

Things currently making me happy: Got introduced to a band called BlutEngel by a friend of mine and right now, I'm enjoying what I hear so far.
    I also might be getting a Gameboy Colour this week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs make me happy. Spending the whole day with their beautiful little faces. How happy they are. How they even follow me to the shower, both of them with a toy in their mouth, hoping we can have a game of fetch on the way to wherever it is we are going. Bending down to pick their toy up for them to squish their cold wet nose into my face and steal as many kisses as they can before I get away.
    How they refuse to go outside in the cold and wet to go potty.
    How I have to show them both my hands when I finish my food so as they don't think I'm hiding treats on them. They're just absolutely delightful and I love them so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Finally, the owner of the domain name loser.com found a use for it. (Totally safe.) :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yesterday, as I got out of my car at home, I heard a lawnmower for the first time this year.. took a deep breath and got the distinctive smell of cut grass.

Longer evenings and warmer weather are but a few weeks away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Finding out that a woman in work who fostered a dog over Christmas became a failed fosterer and has given him a forever home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bought my dogs valentines teddy bears last night.
    Got up during the night to see if they needed to go to the toilet and the smallest dog was cuddled up with his teddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My dogs make me happy. Spending the whole day with their beautiful little faces. How happy they are. How they even follow me to the shower, both of them with a toy in their mouth, hoping we can have a game of fetch on the way to wherever it is we are going. Bending down to pick their toy up for them to squish their cold wet nose into my face and steal as many kisses as they can before I get away.
    How they refuse to go outside in the cold and wet to go potty.
    How I have to show them both my hands when I finish my food so as they don't think I'm hiding treats on them. They're just absolutely delightful and I love them so much.

Love this innocence that dogs have. My little one will stay beside me while I study for hours on end. Even though she could be lounging in front of the fire with my parents, and I sometimes put her back there, without fail a few minutes after I'll hear a cry outside the study and will have to let her in. Now I bring her bed, teddies, snacks, water and blanket into the study with me because I figure if she is going to stay there she might as well be comfortable. Last night she was fast asleep in her bed and as I reached for a club milk to have with my tea I thought to myself, she's going to wake up now. Sure as God as soon as I crinkled the wrapper she was awake, looking at me with her big brown eyes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Bought my dogs valentines teddy bears last night.
    Got up during the night to see if they needed to go to the toilet and the smallest dog was cuddled up with his teddy.

We need pics for that extra AWWW factor :)

• Advertisement

Home and on the couch, so tired, no way am I moving for the night! If I could just get a pissbag I'd be sorted now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement