Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

New pjs, bed clothes and not in work tomorrow! May watch the exorcist tonight if its not too scary. Happy out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Be careful what you wish for, KFallon...

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    New pjs, bed clothes and not in work tomorrow! May watch the exorcist tonight if its not too scary. Happy out!

Your happiness will disappear fairly lively after watching The Exorcist.

I hope its reaaaally scary! I've not been scared of a film in years

I hope its reaaaally scary! I've not been scared of a film in years

I love frights. If I were you I would keep The Exorcist for another time and watch Martyrs instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Went and bought not 1 but 2 juicy apples!
    Back in me shorts, on the couch and the apartment is so lovely and toasty, bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Dear woman who physically pushed in front of me this evening to pay for your petrol by flinging a 20 euro note at the girl on the till (despite the fact that I too was only paying for petrol and had the money ready in my hand).

Did you notice how wide my smile was when I came out of the shop to see that you were blocked in at the pump behind me and had to wait until I left? Cause if you missed it, let me assure you it was a fairly smug grin!

maudgonner wrote: »
    Dear woman who physically pushed in front of me this evening to pay for your petrol by flinging a 20 euro note at the girl on the till (despite the fact that I too was only paying for petrol and had the money ready in my hand).

Did you notice how wide my smile was when I came out of the shop to see that you were blocked in at the pump behind me and had to wait until I left? Cause if you missed it, let me assure you it was a fairly smug grin!

Did you give her the finger with the smile?

Not *that* finger btw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you give her the finger with the smile?

Not *that* finger btw!!!

I'm far too much of a lady for that kind of behaviour, I'll have you know!

(Also, she was quare rough looking, she might have battered me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Stuff like this makes me happy. He didn't have to do it but seen fellow humans suffering a bit and done a nice thing.

http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/news/news_releases_and_statements/david_beckham_treats_paramedic.aspx

David Beckham treated a London Ambulance Service paramedic and her patient to a tea and coffee in central London today (Monday 1 February).
    Senior Paramedic Catherine Maynard who works with the Cycle Response Unit was called to an elderly gentleman who had fallen in the street when she spotted the former Manchester United and England midfielder near Endsleigh Street.

Catherine said: “I was waiting with my patient for an ambulance to transfer him to hospital and although I was keeping him warm it was very cold outside.

“All of a sudden, I looked up and saw someone who looked like David Beckham walking past us. He said hello and got in his car. I said to the man I was treating, ‘I think that was David Beckham’. Ten minutes later, he came back with a cup of coffee for me and a tea for the patient.

“We were both very amused, and flattered. It was awful cycling around in the cold today and I couldn’t believe it when he came back with some hot drinks – I was so chuffed.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've had such a crazy few weeks with work, travel & exams. That something just as simple as, being able to log in again and enjoy Boards.ie makes me happy. And in the words of Metallica, yes it's sad but true.

Have just got into bed after being up and on my feet since 6am, it has to be one of the nicest feelings on earth:D

Have just got into bed after being up and on my feet since 6am, it has to be one of the nicest feelings on earth:D

I won't be long behind ya tbh, looking forward to it!

Just to clarify, I'm getting into my own bed, not yours!!

I won't be long behind ya tbh, looking forward to it!

Just to clarify, I'm getting into my own bed, not yours!!

I was getting worried there for a moment!:eek::eek::eek:

Not having to set an alarm for 6am in the morning is BLISS:D

I was getting worried there for a moment!:eek::eek::eek:

Not having to set an alarm for 6am in the morning is BLISS:D

I'd only be getting the ould pisshorn around 6am, don't get out of the cot til 7.20am!

I'd only be getting the ould pisshorn around 6am, don't get out of the cot til 7.20am!

So eloquent:eek::eek::eek:

Have you thought about a career in the public eye:pac:

So eloquent:eek::eek::eek:

Have you thought about a career in the public eye:pac:

Ah I don't like to have to come into contact with the common man tbh :p

Ah I don't like to have to come into contact with the common man tbh :p

You might end up with a fondness for the Sunday World and Breakfast rolls:eek:

You might end up with a fondness for the Sunday World and Breakfast rolls:eek:

Never The Sunday World, often see those tits drinking in the pub, Donal McIntyre in ugg boots drinking wine, ffs :rolleyes:

Never The Sunday World, often see those tits drinking in the pub, Donal McIntyre in ugg boots drinking wine, ffs :rolleyes:

He's a tosser:p sensationalist bull**** of the highest order

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I got myself one of these bad boys yesterday! Only have one game- Pokemon Yellow- so far but I'm reliving my childhood and I DGAF! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

McChubbin wrote: »
    That sounds sickening. Whatever possessed you to put honey on a bacon roll?
    I'm aware of honey-cured gammon/ham slices, certainly, but when I read this I had a mental image of someone squeezing runny honey onto a bacon butty.

Things currently making me happy: Got introduced to a band called BlutEngel by a friend of mine and right now, I'm enjoying what I hear so far.
    I also might be getting a Gameboy Colour this week! :D

Honey on bacon is delicious and I would never eat at bacon without a squeeze of runny honey.. Yummy! Try it! It is by the way an American thing they use maple syrup on bacon too but that costs too much. So you spread butter on one piece of bread, runny honey on the other and hot bacon in between.. mouth watering here!

Knitting abed.. dratted back is very bad and moving around is horrible.. so aran sweaters for eggs ( egg cosies!) and miniature baby booties, around an inch high, to go on birth congratulation cards, with thoughts of summer market trading..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

My baby daughter laughed for the first time the other night after I blew a raspberry on her tummy.

Every day in work is spent counting the seconds until I can go home and play with her again.

I love my wee girl! :p

Fire lit first try and the man who was about to start spreading slurry has retreated ( I think the ground is too soft)so I can put the gas mask away...

McChubbin wrote: »
    I got myself one of these bad boys yesterday! Only have one game- Pokemon Yellow- so far but I'm reliving my childhood and I DGAF! :D

They were the Sh!t back in the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've just spent a relatively rediculous amount of money on a nerdy item that I will never take out of the house, rarely pick up or use in any way, but I'm still excited and can't wait for it to be delivered :)

Just out of the shower, football done for the week and lying on the couch in me 'pelt', ah this is the life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've just spent a relatively rediculous amount of money on a nerdy item that I will never take out of the house, rarely pick up or use in any way, but I'm still excited and can't wait for it to be delivered :)

Action figure?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    sebcity wrote: »
    Action figure?

No he got the new, real life 'Frigid' sex doll :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement