Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I put on a jacket this morning that I haven't worn for some time and I found €30 euro in the breast pocket.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I put on a jacket this morning that I haven't worn for some time and I found €30 euro in the breast pocket.:)

One of the best feeling ever, finding forgotten money.

For me today (yesterday, posting too late.......) was my two favourite robins sitting outside my door chirping mad until I went out and fed them from the hand. They are so cheeky but still so sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Being on holiday and doing nothing but watching more4 and boards. 4 in a bed followed by Ramsey kitchen nightmares followed by come dine with me. Pure heavenly trash tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hurling is back on today!!
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Home made cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

bought a mini - cybalite minitorch 10 years ago. The original battery still works:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Got my 10,000 step goal every single day since January 1st :D

(Hope I can keep this streak up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

FanadMan wrote: »
    One of the best feeling ever, finding forgotten money.

For me today (yesterday, posting too late.......) was my two favourite robins sitting outside my door chirping mad until I went out and fed them from the hand. They are so cheeky but still so sweet :)

Last week I was reduced to scrabbling around the floor of the car for change... ran short of money..Found enough hiding by the handbrake butit was hard to extract...( now you will all be out there checking the car floor!)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I tripped on a wet patch of ground and fell at a pedestrian crossing today. A very nice man rolled down his window to check that I was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We got a standing ovation for our musical and it was only our second night. Such a great feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

When I was younger, me and my brother used to have a nanny who looked after us while our parents worked.

I've just found an old notebook the nanny used to keep a journal every day, from 1997, when I was 4 years old.

It has things like, "9.20: Tom did a show for us, singing 'if you're happy and you know it' and 'heads, shoulders knees and toes'"
    "10.15: Tom and [brother] had a biscuit and both came upstairs.. They put the tape on doing some dancing while I was ironing" along with things like "Tom got home from nursery and rang his nan for a chat" or "Tom decided he just wanted custard for dinner".

I thought, I'm really lucky to have had such a happy childhood. Reading through it made me think: I might be skint, single and unemployed at the moment, but deep down, I'm still that same boy who just wants a bowl of custard and a singsong - and it's given me a lift!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

brummytom wrote: »
    When I was younger, me and my brother used to have a nanny who looked after us while our parents worked.

I've just found an old notebook the nanny used to keep a journal every day, from 1997, when I was 4 years old.

It has things like, "9.20: Tom did a show for us, singing 'if you're happy and you know it' and 'heads, shoulders knees and toes'"
    "10.15: Tom and [brother] had a biscuit and both came upstairs.. They put the tape on doing some dancing while I was ironing" along with things like "Tom got home from nursery and rang his nan for a chat" or "Tom decided he just wanted custard for dinner".

I thought, I'm really lucky to have had such a happy childhood. Reading through it made me think: I might be skint, single and unemployed at the moment, but deep down, I'm still that same boy who just wants a bowl of custard and a singsong - and it's given me a lift!

Great stuff Tom. Coming from the Hagley Road (Duran Duran), Balsall Heath UB40 and Sparkhill (delicious Balti) ....... I love Brummies. And you know the old saying ...... you can always tell a Brummie - but you can't tell 'em much!
    Best Wishes.

Successfully scaling the steep stairs with a very hot hwb under one arm, and a bowl of hot porridge AND a big mug of coffee in the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Spending nearly all of the weekend with my little dog. Just me and her. She followed me around the whole time. We went for some lovely walks together. When I was studying she was lying at my feet. She even sleeps in my bed and I can hear her having little doggy dreams. She wakes me with her sweet howling and morning breath. I love her so much! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Struck down with a bad dose of man flu. Was really bad yesterday. The other fella made me pancakes for dinner and gave me cuddles all day. We watched really bad movies and tv shows on Netflix. Simple little things to make me feel a little bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Lyons are doing a free mug again :). I have my other one for years , the little frog is faded out of the bottom of it!

Tae and a sausage sandwich while listening to the rain beat the windows :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Getting the last of the chocolate spread out of the jar with a spatula. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The user name 'SmallTeapot'! I don't know who you are, but your ID made me smile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

New Home wrote: »
    The user name 'SmallTeapot'! I don't know who you are, but your ID made me smile. :)

Smallteapot acknowledges your comment and is now also smiling :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Stew simmering on the hob..hope it tastes as good as it smells.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    Stew simmering on the hob..hope it tastes as good as it smells.:)

Ah gis a bit ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah gis a bit ffs :(
    Sure twould only run through you:P

Janey, after the TA thread this is like going from the frying pan into the fire... See ya folks after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    Sure twould only run through you:P

Ah no I love a good stew, I'll chance it!
    Now I'm starvin'! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kanye West is in crippling debt

Getting the last of the chocolate spread out of the jar with a spatula. :)

Happy that I did not buy chocolate spread as I would eat it all from the jar with a spoon.. after today's cold dark deluges ( the river across the lane is in flood, a dramatic sight) I am trying not to think of the last tin of condensed milk!!! Needed it for something else but...!!Aching with the cold and damp...

Mmmmmmmmmh.... condensed milk.... highly, highly addictive... :)

Mmmmmmmmmh.... condensed milk.... highly, highly addictive... :)

STOP!!! Al I have had today is half a tin of soup and a bit of toast! Lost !!!! It is Tesco's and a third of the price of the other brands..:D And I am closing down for the night now so you will never know if I succumbed!!! Happy evening all!!!

• Advertisement

No wonder you're cold!! You need more Calories than that to deal with a cold, damp house! Get some hot porridge into you asap, or some rice pudding or custard at least, if you feel like making some, Grace... I know you have to skimp and scrimp, but do look after yourself all the same...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement