Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Used to make me very happy to buy in ex battery chickens and watch them relearn to scratch and peck.. this was before the island. They were so funny.. lovely eggs too..

A few weeks ago I was admiring bowls of hyacinths just coming into flower in Dunnes.. the fragrance was heavenly but E7....No way. Last week I saw a bowl of white ones on the trolley of fruit and vegetables waiting to be reduced so I asked the girl and she marked them down to half price. One of the flowers was starting to brown was all. They have delighted me and now I see that each of the seven bulbs is pushing up a second flower... Makes me very happy on a chilly wet morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Every so often my oh gets too stressed out in work, and books a break away. Seems to be his way of dealing with being stressed out. So last night we talked about taking a break away, this morning only 25 mins of him being in work, he text me to tell me he's booking something this afternoon! I love surprises

Little cat will now consistently come to me and sniff and touch my outstretched finger. Then she goes all twittipated and runs away! I joined a US cat forum when I first had her and some of them are not happy unless they are actively " taming" the cat.. not my way. I am her for her not vice versa. Like when I shared a house with a pine marten; folk kept asking was she eating from my hand but no way would I ask that of a free wild critter. ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fair play Grace, those are the little great conquests! :):):) Leave them their own space and let them feel safe around you and trust you, in their own time! Hats off to you. Also, I bet the pine marten was a better flatmate than many humans most of us would have shared a house with... :rolleyes:

I'm starting my own Graces7 Fan Club, over here! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My amrezy Montenegro lipstick just arrived!!!!!!!!!
    I've been waiting almost two weeks!
    I love you postman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I needed a taxi yesterday and had noticed that one of my neighbours is a taxi driver. I've never spoken to the guy before, but knocked on the door on the odd chance he might be available. Not only did he bring me there, he refused to accept payment (should have been around €12) - he said it was a "special introductory neighbourly offer". Wasn't that lovely of him. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I needed a taxi yesterday and had noticed that one of my neighbours is a taxi driver. I've never spoken to the guy before, but knocked on the door on the odd chance he might be available. Not only did he bring me there, he refused to accept payment (should have been around €12) - he said it was a "special introductory neighbourly offer". Wasn't that lovely of him. :)

Awfully decent of him indeed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

New Home wrote: »

I'm starting my own Graces7 Fan Club, over here! :)

Can I join :)

One thing that makes me happy is logging on and coming to this thread and seeing that Graces7 has posted. first , glad to know you're ok Graces7 and second, your tales of your furry friends and your life make you who you are , and i for one am glad to see your posts, thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

The cheap online tickets at the local cinema on a Thursday.

Nice one....DeadPool for a fiver, great way to unwind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I booked my flights to London :D I'm going back to see my friends and work colleagues again. It's almost been a year since I've seen them so I am so excited!

Very very happy that the range fire has at third attempt decided to blaze..And you are too kind, boardsies! Bless you!

Even happier I have made it through a long and not easy day; postponed my day out until Monday so a weekend ahead.. Grateful for the kind company and off to feed my household then me and settle to read and knit for a while. Have alovely Friday all you workers.. Blessings and peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Coming back to the parents house on a Friday and getting the biggest happiest waggiest hello from the family dog. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Coming home on a Friday, after having dinner at lunchtime, so I don't have to cook, so having cheese and wine for tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had a feed of blaas this evening, full as a tinker's bra now.....beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Friday night, home from work, bra off, pj's on, beer in hand, fave show on the laptop, two purring cats curled up beside me.

Friday night, home from work, bra off, pj's on, beer in hand, fave show on the laptop, two purring cats curled up beside me.

This is me. Only without the cats :)

Taking off my bra is definitely one of the best feelings!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

All this bra removing and not one effin' PM :mad:

kfallon wrote: »

Off to the TA thread with you, with all that effin' and those frowny faces!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

Ah mine are like deflated footballs :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

I wanted to make an apple tarte tatin today but I could not find any puff pastry in the shop, so I decided to try to make it myself. My first attempt worked, I had enough pastry to make the tarte tatin and a few chocolatey treats for my children. I was very pleased with myself.

My dad is feeling a bit under the weather. I'm happy that I'm here to look after him :)

MY feet are cold but I have socks... the bed is warm and I have cats..The wind is howling but I have coal.. A day ahead and I have work for my hands and food in abundance. For every negative there is a positive.... threaded two lovely First Communion rosaries last evening..Saturday peace....

That's beautiful, Grace. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭spakman

Picking fluff out of belly button :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Silence make me happy!

Graces7, it's probably only a problem for me but I can't see the photo...

Gorgeous! Lovely thick fur too. :) The one on the right looks like s/he's wearing a batman mask... :D

New Home wrote: »
    Graces7, it's probably only a problem for me but I can't see the photo...

For some reason cannot sort that with either tinypic or photobucket so deleted and will try again later. Ah well!

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    For some reason cannot sort that with either tinypic or photobucket so deleted and will try again later. Ah well!

I could see the photobucket one, if it's of any help...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement