Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

A well-done Hitler 'tache on an election poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Lazy Saturday watching Netflix! :)

It's not trivial to me but I received two birthday cards today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy Birthday P.

I'm happy because I got all glammed up for an event tonight. Someone told me I looked like Angelina. I do not, but I am thrilled all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Quiet night in tonight which means

a) no hangover in the morn
    b) no Dutch Oven from hangover farts in the morn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

when i wake up and my dog hears I'm awake an immediately starts wagging her tail...

although.. then my other dog, which is male - automatically assumes i will get up that very moment and feed him.

Still makes me happy each morning :)

shakencat wrote: »
    when i wake up and my dog hears I'm awake an immediately starts wagging her tail...

Jaysus I've been singing '500 Miles' all wrong for all me life.....

:pac:

Happy Birthday P.

I'm happy because I got all glammed up for an event tonight. Someone told me I looked like Angelina. I do not, but I am thrilled all the same.

Thanks Lexie :) The cards came early. My birthday isn't until Monday.

Enjoy your night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

boobar wrote: »
    The cheap online tickets at the local cinema on a Thursday.

Nice one....DeadPool for a fiver, great way to unwind.

Went to renew my library membership today, normally a tenner.

Today, it's free now!

Jesus, I'm easily pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our musical ended today.... until we were told that the demand for it was so high that we will be performing it again in May! So excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Landlord is sending the plumber up with a new washing machine.. It died weeks ago and he has been upset re a problem and I did not want to land this on him. he came up re the problem and then asked how I was for firewood etc so I saw he was OK and asked him. Really I refuse to kick a man when he is down is all. So that is fine now. I do not mind being without the machine; did not have one when I was growing up and I only use it for sheets and towels anyways. Just glad he is OK is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My cat meowing at me looking to be fed. He was ill recently and had gone off his food, he's 14 this year so I was fearing the worst.

My cat meowing at me looking to be fed. He was ill recently and had gone off his food, he's 14 this year so I was fearing the worst.

You will love this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPUKPAbSy8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Graces7 wrote: »
    Landlord is sending the plumber up with a new washing machine.. It died weeks ago and he has been upset re a problem and I did not want to land this on him. he came up re the problem and then asked how I was for firewood etc so I saw he was OK and asked him. Really I refuse to kick a man when he is down is all. So that is fine now. I do not mind being without the machine; did not have one when I was growing up and I only use it for sheets and towels anyways. Just glad he is OK is all.

How the hell do you manage without a washing machine?! :eek:

How the hell do you manage without a washing machine?! :eek:

Cannot believe anyone can ask that! Water, bowl, washing powder.... easy and how I grew up. Never would have a drier either. Both machine use a fair amount of electricity too.. I wash most things by hand anyway as a matter of course. Maybe one machine wash a fortnight is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Graces7 wrote: »

Ask the plumber to do those lightbulbs whilst he's there. He's being paid for his time and it's not that unusual. The very odd time on a callout I'd be asked if I could hang up a mirror, or help carry a piece of furniture to another room. Only takes a couple of minutes, and keeps a customer happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Getting a lie in on a Sunday morning. Ahhhhh bliss!

Ask the plumber to do those lightbulbs whilst he's there. He's being paid for his time and it's not that unusual. The very odd time on a callout I'd be asked if I could hang up a mirror, or help carry a piece of furniture to another room. Only takes a couple of minutes, and keeps a customer happy.

Already sorted; this is a very rural place and we help each other, Yesterday the landlord ( and I have become a family friend) came needing help..I do paperwork etc for him sometimes, and offered wood, so I mentioned the washing machine and fine, I know the plumber well also. Not the city official kind of landlord tenant stuff.. The light I am most worried about is the outside front and that will get sorted....Love a deep rural tenancy and would hate a town. Give and take time. Simple courtesy and care of each other. THANK YOU for caring! Sorted all the lower downstairs lights but the rooms upstairs are those very high sloped ceilings. Funny. when I move in he told me the attic space in the extension was planked and i could use it for storage but here are no steps etc..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I came across this and it reminded me of Graces7. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I always smile watching the sunrise while at 40,000 feet, it reminds me that i have the best job in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

smurfjed wrote: »
    I always smile watching the sunrise while at 40,000 feet, it reminds me that i have the best job in the world :)

No point in trying to hide your secret identity behind that username, Smurfjed. We all know who you are, Kal-El. :cool:

New Home wrote: »
    I came across this and it reminded me of Graces7. :D

funny! Nothing like thankfully! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I finally get to spend the day with my boyfriend after being busy for 2 months with our musical. Already I've laughed until I've cried. We're having dinner now and cinema later. It's nice to be back to normal :)

Fingers crossed; I think and hope my wee girl cat is coming into season.. A few weeks ago when that happened there was a .. break out... I was not sure if she had got out and was dreading kittens... Have to get a humane trap next.. Sing, little cat, sing for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Two things this evening:

Finished both the shampoo AND conditioner at the same time!

and Sips is playing Cities Skylines again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Driving to work this morning and saw a piece of litter being thrown from the passenger side of a car in front of me. The car immediately pulled to a halt. I overtook, but in my rear-view mirror I could see someone get out of the car and walk back the road.

It's obviously speculation, but I'd like to think that the driver saw what their passenger did and ordered them to go back and pick up their rubbish. If so, silver Micra driver, you're my hero! :)

maudgonner wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning and saw a piece of litter being thrown from the passenger side of a car in front of me. The car immediately pulled to a halt. I overtook, but in my rear-view mirror I could see someone get out of the car and walk back the road.

It's obviously speculation, but I'd like to think that the driver saw what their passenger did and ordered them to go back and pick up their rubbish. If so, silver Micra driver, you're my hero! :)

It was prob a tenner that flew out the window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

kfallon wrote: »
    It was prob a tenner that flew out the window :pac:

Eh, no chance - sure I would easily have beaten them to it if that was the case :D

maudgonner wrote: »
    Eh, no chance - sure I would easily have beaten them to it if that was the case :D

I wouldn't get out of bed for less than a 50!

Tho I've paid to get into it for more :o :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A mini roll and a coffee on a Monday afternoon.

Having spent all weekend with my beautiful little dog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement