Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My best friends 3 year old. My little princess. I've loved her since months before she was born and even more since. She was the first baby of the group. Since me and her mam were inseparable she's been pretty close to me since she was a baby. Anyway, she's at the age where she's finally able to string her sentences together and knows her own mind. Myself and her mam and another friend were going out sat night so we got ready in her house and she was way too excited I was there and wouldn't go to bed.
    She asked me if I would go to bed with her since she was so worried I was going to go home. It was 10;30, we were dying to get out so I said of course I will. Thinking id lie down with her, quick cuddle, she'd be asleep.
    So, we lay down. I pretend to sleep. Next thing there's whispering in my ear.
    "Lexie? Lexie?" What baby? "I love you". Melted my stone cold heart!
    Then when she thought I was asleep she tucked me in with her teddy and climbed back out of the bed!

The following morning her dad picked her up and was giving her hugs and kisses and said to her "you're my little baby" and she said "no I'm not, I'm Lexie baby". She followed me around the whole day, from first thing that morning until I left.
    I was thrilled that she loves me as much as I love her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Fresh bed sheets. So relaxing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Fresh bed sheets. So relaxing. :)

Especially after a hot shower, then climbing into clean pjs.

Especially after a hot shower, then climbing into clean pjs.
    Oh yes. This is amazing.

A scented candle or two makes it even more relaxing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Getting the first 5 questions right on university challenge. *smug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Seriously......first 5 questions on UC all right.....kudos to you.....I aim for 5 right per show!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Seriously......first 5 questions on UC all right.....kudos to you.....I aim for 5 right per show!!!!

The rest of the show wasn't exactly a triumph for me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Playing the sport you love that makes you feel alive and so lucky to be fit, healthy and active.
    And it's even better when you win! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Getting your mojo back for running after a long break and remembering why you loved it in the first place.oh and the hot shower after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

Thanks Lexie :) The cards came early. My birthday isn't until Monday.

Enjoy your night :)

Happy Birthday Persepoly hope you had a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The smell of a carpentry workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

grundie wrote: »
    The smell of a carpentry workshop.

And freshly cut grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There was someone driving alongside the luas track this morning with a big beautiful black lab on the back seat, delighted with life with his head out the window. Then he started barking at the tram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    There was someone driving alongside the luas track this morning with a big beautiful black lab on the back seat, delighted with life with his head out the window. Then he started barking at the tram :D

Giving out to the driver about the strike? Clever boy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Women in hooker boots......*awaits PMs from the lovely ladies in this thread* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

kfallon wrote:
    Women in hooker boots......*awaits PMs from the lovely ladies in this thread*

Hahaha this made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

kfallon wrote: »
    Women in hooker boots......*awaits PMS from the lovely ladies in this thread* :p

Weirdest...

Fetish...

Ever.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hahaha this made me laugh!

Crap, am I the only one who PMed? Goddammit!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pushing that big silver button at pedestrian crossings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ecstatic day yesterday.. knew it would be as as I was driving to Killarney early in rain and dim light, saw something move on the low stone wall by the Ring Road.. slowed then stopped as there atop the wall was a huge horned nanny goat with TWO tiny black and white kids.. I stopped and watched them.. awesome... Spent the day driving the Dingle... a man with a huge telescope in the Pieta layby where I always stop, showed me porpoises then the seals on the beach at Great Blasket.. OH MY! I picniced in a small bay in the sun watching the huge waves breaking on the cliffs... prayed at Riasc and Killmacreddan and met many lovely folk to chat to.. a real spring day and am happy and renewed.. Oh and think I have cracked the car insurance issue.. a 16 year old car and a driver over 70 and few want to know...Icing on the cake after yesterday.. the view from the top on Conor is imprinted on my soul...Exhausted but happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ha!!!! I'm afraid I'd find myself on some weird shoe fetish website.

One of the kids told me I was skinny today. I ate so much junk over the past few weeks that I felt rotten but he cheered me right up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Pushing that big silver button at pedestrian crossings.

Aww. I rarely get to do that as I am always poised to press when the drivers see an old lady with a stick and STOP to wave me across.. Works everywhere but Tralee.. Enjoy! Canute did not have the knowledge we have!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

getting a run of green lights for loads and loads of junctions, junctions you know you always get stopped at.

it's just that once a year occasion, when the stars seem to align, you get all green lights, for ages.

Gorgeous huge orange moon tonight. It was hanging directly over the road as I drove home from work, as if I could drive straight into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you spend the whole day at home and you don't have to put on any pants

New cups <3

Don't ask me why but I have a serious obsession with cups, and I see any funny/nice/novelty ones that I like, I have to get it. I regret it otherwise. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

A lovely pair of tits.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bubble wrap! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

New Home wrote: »
    Bubble wrap! :D
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    A lovely pair of tits.

Give me these and i'm in heaven :)

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Give me these and i'm in heaven :)

Be very careful not to get them mixed up. Us girls really don't like that :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement