Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I get to vote.

Then again...that's more than a trivial thing isn't ir? Still, it makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

When someone surprises you with tea. Mmmmm surprise tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

And surprise cake. Mmmmmm cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Each day I'm grateful I don't have diabetes, so as I can eat icecream and White chocolate with pancakes for lunch and a chocolate muffin for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got my new car :D well it's an 06 and not new but it's new to me and I love it!

• Advertisement

Bottle of Spaten and book and bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finishing up in work today for maternity leave, next scheduled working day is in November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Montallie

I downloaded a great app for my ipad mini and iphone. It's the National Aquarium somewhere in the States and I can now lie in bed listening to the relaxing sound of burbling water, watching fish of all colours swim around about their business. And I don't have to worry about feeding them or cleaning out their tank either. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Voting makes me happy. I know its a cliche, but nice to have say in who runs our country even if they are mostly a bunch of tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Menas wrote: »
    Voting makes me happy. I know its a cliche, but nice to have say in who runs our country even if they are mostly a bunch of tossers.

Hardly a trivial matter but thanks for letting us know you voted. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I got to visit my old national school for voting. It might well be my last time to do so, the school is due to close in the summer. Brought back memories :)

maudgonner wrote:
    I got to visit my old national school for voting. It might well be my last time to do so, the school is due to close in the summer. Brought back memories

Same here actually but ours is being knocked and a new building is going in. It's nice to see where you spent so many years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

A good walk on Dun Laoghaire pier most weekends. Clears the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

maryishere wrote: »
    A good walk on Dun Laoghaire pier most weekends. Clears the head.

You cant beat it. And then walk the old pier (not sure of its official name, but the one on the left) every now and again - just for the variation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Just discovered that there is a place in cork called Bweeng....
    That made me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

We're in a hotel with the feet up watching tv and eating a big bag of malteasers. And not too long since room service delivered our dinner. Total bliss :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

its Friday and I've no work this weekend :)
    oh and its payday too no more beans on toast for at least a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Its snowing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Colser wrote: »
    Its snowing:)

The Cork snow shield has finally been breached :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm very satisfied with the way the same dot in the Dr. Phil logo serves as both a dot for the letter i and as a punctuation mark for the title Dr.

https://www.livehangama.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Dr-Phil-title-card.png

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm very satisfied with the way the same dot in the Dr. Phil logo serves as both a dot for the letter i and as a punctuation mark for the title Dr.

Oh that really is satisfying

The Heart Never Lies by McFly makes me ridiculously happy. I absolutely adore this song and I know I'll listen to it non stop today and be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

maudgonner wrote: »
    I got to visit my old national school for voting. It might well be my last time to do so, the school is due to close in the summer. Brought back memories :)
    KatW4 wrote: »
    Same here actually but ours is being knocked and a new building is going in. It's nice to see where you spent so many years :)

Really odd , but same happening with school here !!
    Any sign of Graces7?? wonder if she's ok /

Am just happy it's Saturday , crisps and chocolate and good book in line for tonight :)

I am on my way to meet one of my favourite people for coffee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I have a grown up lunch (salad), I'll be chuffed with myself for the day. I'll walk back to work and expect to be skinny by the time I get there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Omackeral wrote: »

Oh that really is satisfying

It's actually supposed to be Dr, you don't need the "." if the final letter of the long form is the same as the final letter in the shortened form.
    The Yanks turned this on it's head, the colorful neighbors that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

my dog went missing two days ago. he's free to roam the garden so must've just took off. very unusual of him but I think it happened once before. he turned up late last night after I heard him barking in the garden. such a relief seeing him trot up to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I just accidentally heard some people talking about me behind my back ... saying what a "lovely girl" I am and some other lovely things ... awww! Put a lovely big smile on my face!

razorblunt wrote: »
    It's actually supposed to be Dr, you don't need the "." if the final letter of the long form is the same as the final letter in the shortened form.
    The Yanks turned this on it's head, the colorful neighbors that they are.

It's really hard to not point out grammatical errors in posts which discuss grammar :p

Americans use the full stop in all titles. Mrs/Mr etc.

Running in the rain is my happy. I much prefer it to running on a sunshiney day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

Proper butcher sausages in the fridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement