Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When your cranky, cantankerous cat jumps on your lap, curls up and starts purring. I probably said it before, but it's an uncommon occurrence for him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Shannon757 wrote: »
    madmaggie wrote: »
    I have two cats, and elderly sisters, and I love watching them groom each other. I swear they smile.

I read this wrong. Got confused but it cheered me up.
    Sorry, blame the punctuation on being dosed up on Nurofen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Whiskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

My three little girls arrived home yesterday with a Smyths catalogue each.....all I'm hearing is "I'm getting this and I'm getting that for Christmas"....bless um lol lol

Anyone got a loan lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Took the dogs for a swim at the river this morning. It was absolutely lashing rain, rain hopping off the river but I was grand and dry standing underneath the trees. And the dogs were having the best time. It would put you in a good mood to see them having so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm seeing Bridget Jones' Baby in the cinema and I am so excited :D this makes me very happy on a rainy Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Seeing a trailer for a film and thinking 'ooh that looks good' then going to see it and it really IS good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Watching a cat wash it's face.
    Rubbing some butter on a cranky cat's front paws.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MojiGoji

The sound of light rain on a tent wall, or a metal roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Getting the grass cut just before it starts raining. (You didn't catch me out this time!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looking at your credit card balance and realising you have not used it in weeks. Nice Zero balance.
    Great excuse to get spending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having an entire birthday month and treating yourself to something nice once a day, kind of like an advent calendar

Having an entire birthday month and treating yourself to something nice once a day, kind of like an advent calendar

That reminds me of something...just not sure what...

Winterlong wrote: »
    That reminds me of something...just not sure what...

That I'm Jesus?

• Advertisement

That I'm Jesus?

Nope...not that. But imagining you with a long flowing beard is a Trivial happiness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you open the washing machine, and you realize that the tissue that sneaked in with the load of wash, despite your checking every pocket multiple times, hasn't dissolved at all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I managed not to drink a drop all weekend and am going to keep it up. More clear headed mornings and more time to spend keeping fit and getting some new hobbies going. The dawn has awakened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Got through my first driving lesson today and it was grand. Im actually surprised how well it went. I can't even drive a bumper car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I'm watching Mary Poppins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Putting on a clean trousers and finding 50 euro in the pocket.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Free cake in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Got through my first night at college last night and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I washed those curtains despite the dry clean only label in my washing machine and they didn't get damaged :)

Seeing my OHs face after 5 days of having to argue with him over text. So happy to be home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The smell of a pet shop

Ooops, posted a Trivial annoyance in here. Soz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Red Dwarf......getting caught up for the new series tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

friends who are there when you need someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just found out there is a thread in the Coffee & Tea forum called - 'Life is too short for bad coffee' - The Off Topic thread

(link)

I love it! And I wholeheartedly agree :D

• Advertisement

When my puppy (well he's almost 3 now) sits guarding me from his big brother. He sits on my foot, wiggles his bum back until his ass is wedged on my ankle bone, sits with his ears up alert and waiting to push the older dog away, or grumble at my oh. He does not like anyone touching me. And you can tell he is raging when they ignore him and do it anyway, he just tries get in between me and them and give me the most attention til the others go away and then he's back sitting on my foot waiting for him to come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm reading the latest Ross O Carroll Kelly book. The plot is non existent, but it still makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nonbias

watching comedy with John Cleese in it makes me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nonbias

richard pryor makes me happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It may be coming into proper Autumn / Winter weather, but you can't beat the amazing colours from the sunrises around this time of year.

amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Being the highest (WINNING!) bidder on an item for 0.23 GBP with free postage after increasing my bid last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

smiled at the irony of a striking bus worker who was being interviewed, and said he was looking for Shane Ross to intervene, saying "if he doesn't want to do the job he's being paid to do, he should just resign" :)

TH at having a nice ham and cheese and mustard toastie for the first time in weeks. Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TH at my new quote unquote lifetime guarantee mobile cable complete with nylon flex. If the manufacturer really wanted to stand over their claim they should have hired me as a product tester at the design stage because my aggressive use would soon be able to call bulls*it on that. Let's see if the cable tells a fable but for now I'm TH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Rice Krispie buns :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Rice Krispie buns :D
    Aw, that made me TH. The thought of someone feeding their bun Rice Krispie buns :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Little puppies who bark at fully grown, adult dogs. I love the innocence behind how 'tough' they think they are. Dogs are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Polka dotted balloons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Here's one to make you TH. Try say 'Bubbles' in an extremely aggressive manner. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Moving between rooms at home with different channels (radio and TV) and each one having a different classic hit on - Rory Gallagher with Philby in the Kitchen, Neil Young with Old Man in the living room, and Queen with Bohemian Rhapsody in the sitting room. One song finishes, move room, another song and move again. One of those moments that the universe is just in perfect sync with me.

Am such a happy bunny right now :D

• Advertisement

My ability to see the future makes me happy.

I predict I will be happy at Octoberfest later this afternoon...

Waking up after a wedding and not having a hangover thrills me.

Waking up after a wedding and not having a hangover thrills me.

That happened me once but it turned out I was still drunk when I woke up.
    In fairness I did wake up in the residents bar...

Good tenants. As a (very reluctant) landlord, it is a pleasure to have such tenants as just left this morning. They left the place as immaculately as they were given it a year ago. They wouldn't even let me give them a lift in the rain. You could see they both had happy memories here - young love!

As they walked away my heart sank at the probability that they, like so many others, will probably never be able to buy their own home in Dublin and will be condemned to renting even in retirement (how they could save a deposit when paying Dublin rents is beyond me, and if they ever had to pay Dublin crèche fees on top of it it's just a heartbreaking indictment of what we have created in our society.)

Anyway, good tenants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Holidays abroad in the sun

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement