Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm the worst at sleeping. I'm fidgety, and I get the worst nightmares and sometimes sleep paralysis.

But this morning I woke myself and my partner sometime after 5, hysterically laughing at my own joke I was dreaming about.
    Even though we were now all awake, I couldn't stop laughing. I don't even remember what the joke was but I love waking up and being in a good mood for the rest of the day because of a nice dream.

It makes a nice welcome change from waking up and being physically sick from a horrible dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The anticipation of going to the shop knowing you're going to treat yourself to a bold choccy bar... anything at all!!
    What to get?!?
    It's like being a kid again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Found €20 in the pocket of a jacket I haven't worn in months.

Now what to do with it.....
    Menas wrote: »
    I can send you my address!
    Oh, join the cue. I'll hold a draw. Just send €5 each to cover expenses.;)

Guess who won the draw?

Mrs S. She had coffee in town with a friend on it this morning.

I'm delighted for her. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Last scheduled call of the day is done and dusted. Now for some quiet time doing real work.

Finally have my car back after a crash three weeks ago. Feels great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

When all my thingies are 100% charged at the same time, I feel a weird calm satisfaction.

Phone, iPad, Kindle, Bluetooth headphones, both Vape battery units...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our musical is back by popular demand :D I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Discovered a wonderful little gem of a movie yesterday. Inside Llewyn Davis. Its one to ponder on but also enjoy at the same time. Yes. In my opinion it is a little gem indeed:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Discovered a wonderful little gem of a movie yesterday. Inside Llewyn Davis. Its one to ponder on but also enjoy at the same time. Yes. In my opinion it is a little gem indeed:-)

+1

Loved it.

A 4 day week. Couldn't bate it with a big stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My cats, purring.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Seeing the postman making his round everyday.

Bonus when the post parcel delivery truck stops outside your house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Fridays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If the weather's good I get to fly a plane tomorrow.

The forecast is good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A free biscuit when I buy a coffee. Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Those Rocky Road bites in tubs in from M&S.
    Everytime someone leaves work they buy a ton of goodies on their last day. I'm like a politician at a funeral at this rate.

Some woman was leaving that I had never met, so I popped along on the offchance they had some. Spotted it, laughed the loudest at the horrible "jokes" in the speeches while inching my way closer to the tub.
    Got the last two bites, job done.

I wish her well in her future endevours.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

those rocky road tubs are the chocolate cornflake cake tubs are truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

razorblunt wrote: »
    Those Rocky Road bites in tubs in from M&S.
    Everytime someone leaves work they buy a ton of goodies on their last day. I'm like a politician at a funeral at this rate.

My old job used to call birthday/leaving dos "cake and stare". We'd average a cake and stare at least once a fortnight. I miss the cake, not so much the getting stared at.

Y'all need to come work with me, we have a cake and hot chocolate day once a week.

My happy today is

Sleeping in, getting cuddles, being in pjs at mid day. Having toblerone for breakfast. The other fella is coming home for lunch. It's a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Snow. I reverted to my 6 year old self this morning when I came down stairs and drew back the curtains.

• Advertisement

Two new episodes of Happy Valley and Trapped to watch tonight. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done! Am excite!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Looking forward to bed in a couple of hours :)

It's Mother's Day tomorrow and one of my best friends has a daughter who's 3. The child's dad and her aren't together and although they're on decent terms, she's never got anything for Mother's Day in the past three years.
    Today I picked up something for myself, and I know my friend would love it. So I got two, and have asked to borrow the child later on so as we can wrap it and make a card. I am really excited for the child to give her mammy a present from her. I'm happy neither of them will miss out this year

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Spent last night with a lady I've been dating a few months. Nothing tops the loving look she gave me when we said goodbye leaving the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Some chilled music, a glass of black rum and a packed spliff. It's my ritual most Friday nights and completely de-stresses me in time to enjoy the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having a free gaff.

I only live with one other person but it's still awesome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just arranged to have my first sit up on my horse in four months tomorrow! I will be bouncing round like a toddler on skittles until then! :)

Not trivial at all, I know, but my daughter got the all clear from scan today to check on a long term illness that she has fought for over a year. Happy, happy, happy, tonight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Delighted for you all, Srameen! :) We should have a thread called 'Hugely important things that make you happy' for news like yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not trivial at all, I know, but my daughter got the all clear from scan today to check on a long term illness that she has fought for over a year. Happy, happy, happy, tonight.

Fantastic news you must be so happy for her.

And now you can breathe...... out and smile. Delighted for ya all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement