Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Background: I'm off chocolate for lent. Possibly one of the hardest challenges I've ever set myself. (Prior to this, I used to eat chocolate every day.... All throughout secondary school and college, I'd eat some variant of chocolate - bars, biscuits, you name it).

Anyways, the thing which made me trivially happy today is that I didn't once experience a craving for sweets even though Ferro Rocher, Roses and After Eights were all up for grabs at home. Nada!

Delighted that I've reached this point, as before I used to stockpile some choc treats for my week to have in the evening for tea. At this rate, I might just extend the challenge for a few more weeks and see how I fare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Having everything sorted by 9 on Sunday night for a potentially daunting Monday morning so you can sleep in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having had a great Mother's Day. I'm a father and grandfather but piggybacked on the event and had such a warm happy day with all and sundry around us. All well, all happy, all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just back from the first day fly fishing on the river since last September. No fish but a blissful 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My hair is washed, I have make-up on, I am dressed in clothes that are not jeans or trackie bottoms. There should be a parade!

I now want to go out for lunch and have the day off i.e. not have to go into work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

At the airport heading to a place that is 36 degrees hot. Cant wait to thaw out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm happy with the anticipation of what present menas is going to bring us all back from holiday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Weetabix with brown sugar and ice-cold milk. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Comparing myself to the person I was a year ago. I've become motivated, started progressing at college, got fit and my confidence has grown immeasurably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was on the phone to someone in work this morn and after I introduced myself she said "Ah Colser,happy new week to you".It totally caught me off guard and usually those kind of sayings annoy me but it actually made me smile for a while...and she turned out to be a lovely person so it was genuine.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A good cup of coffee in a quiet room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The kids in school made me happy today. They told me I was pretty and I was the best teacher in the whole world. (Their words not mine!)

But the best part was the fact that they managed to keep a secret for the whole day. I know it was unbelievably hard for them but they did it. Our SNA seemed delighted when we pulled out a card and flowers for her birthday.

I love teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

A clear fresh day when I've straightened my unruly mane. This is a rare occurence in Ireland.

Today is a good day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Walking into the barbers when your favourite barber is ready, almost waiting for you...
    then minutes later seeing more and more enter the shop, and realise the timing was perfect!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Sleeping better and think I've lost weight. Anyone else feel lighter after a walk?

Reading all of your happy stories makes me feel happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Sleeping better and think I've lost weight. Anyone else feel lighter after a walk?

I usually do after a good shíte tbh! :p

I'm happy that it's nearly bedtime :) Tho it'd be better tonight if there was a (female) spooning partner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Just ate the leftovers of the Mammy's Day cake I got for my mam yesterday.

Ferrero Rocher cake.

Yes it's as delicious as it sounds. I will go to bed happy. And fat.

I might not do a lot of things well, but I really know how to buy a cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Updating my recipe folder and I'm really tempted to go left field and try sriacha sauce. Bit scared it might be crap but also excited to try something new. Going to be baking up a storm on Thursday as it's my week to pick the recipes for my weekly cookery class! :D
    BAKE ALL THE CAKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Did a good bit of cleaning up in the garden yesterday, delighted with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My car passed it's NCT :D It's perfect, nothing to be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The chips curry ad..I know I'm a pathetic creature

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

The chips curry ad..I know I'm a pathetic creature

Corry-an-der! Oooooh!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Putting on an album that brings back a flood of memories and transports you to a different time in your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

McChubbin wrote: »
    Updating my recipe folder and I'm really tempted to go left field and try sriacha sauce.
    Huy Fong Sriacha sauce is superb, my go to hot sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Huy Fong Sriacha sauce is superb, my go to hot sauce.

My local Chinese does nice kebabs but they put god-awful sweet chili sauce on them. That is until I spotted a bottle of Huy Fong and asked for some of that instead. Mmmm mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

birthday cake from superquinn/valu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Robsweezie wrote: »
    birthday cake from superquinn/valu

Happy birthday? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Birthday cake when it's not your birthday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

A good strong cuppa after a long crappy week and 2days off to look forward to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement