Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Lovely weather and my OH working from home today, its nice having him around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pints, pint, pints, pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was supposed to teach English tonight but it was cancelled. Yay!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Im just thrilled that I'm off for two days.
    Should I go out tonight, or tonight and tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Im just thrilled that I'm off for two days.
    Should I go out tonight, or tonight and tomorrow?
    Both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I had a half day from work I had to go to Dublin. On the way home I stopped in Avoca and got a takeaway sandwich and a sausage roll - yum. Also got hubby some sushi as a surprise - he was delighted.

Got back to collect the children early from creche. Eldest child got to go to an after schools activity camp with his dad and youngest came home with me.

We had a lazy tea and all sat watching cartoons on the sofa in front of the fire munching crackers (and a big bowl of guacamole for me).

Its been a real laid back intro to St. Patricks Day holiday..... :-) Ahh the simple things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Pints, pint, pints, pints.

A big massive shíte.

Oh dear Lord, never again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ringing my best friend for a chat and hearing her 3 year old in the background demanding to talk to me. When she finally got the phone, she excitedly told me she got an icecream from mc Donald's and she was going to share "Where are you Lexie? Are you going to be here soon?" Swear that child would brighten up the darkest day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Treated myself to a dvd in Tesco:-). JAWS:-):-):-). I know people are prob sick of it....but its a good memory for me:-)..Pssssst.......Don't anyone attempt to say that they are fed up to the gills of it, or its all a cod........

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

A work colleague just popped into my office to give me a toasted sandwich and a coffee because it's my birthday - two very simple things but really brightened my day up

• Advertisement

crybaby wrote: »
    A work colleague just popped into my office to give me a toasted sandwich and a coffee because it's my birthday - two very simple things but really brightened my day up

Happy Birthday:-):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

In work and it feels like a Monday but its Friday:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm in London visiting my best friend and on Monday I'll be visiting the girls I worked with when I lived here. I'm so excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Really gorgeous day here, really warm.Clothes on the line for the first time in months,kids outside playing footie...I love days like this.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A fresh line of washing blowing in the breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The smell of cookies in the oven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The smell of freshly cut grass, and jam doughnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Treated myself to a dvd in Tesco:-). JAWS:-):-):-). I know people are prob sick of it....but its a good memory for me:-)..Pssssst.......Don't anyone attempt to say that they are fed up to the gills of it, or its all a cod........

At the very end, did 'Fin' appear on the screen? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm on a half day but....

(See TA thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The taste of a flame grilled burger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That cup of tea you have when you get home from being out all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Drove to the parents house after work today and loaded the dog into the car and took him down to the beach at about 7. It was just getting dark and the wind was picking up and the dog loved it! He ran around the place jumping over waves like he used to when he was a pup. he's turning 14 this year so it really makes me happy to see him like that. :)

Posted a question to Vodafone boards last night to ask them would they replace my phone. Told them I bought it at Christmas and last night the screen just cracked down the middle. Informed them that I didn't drop it or anything. Woke up this morning and can't find the crack:-). In my alcohol fueled state last night, I could clearly see a crack running down the middle of the screen. I could even feel it with my finger:-). I'm feckin' delighted:-). I've held it up to the window. Held it under the electric light here. Can't find any crack or scratch:-):-):-). Its easy known yesterday was St Patrick's Day:-):-):-)

Posted a question to Vodafone boards last night to ask them would they replace my phone. Told them I bought it at Christmas and last night the screen just cracked down the middle. Informed them that I didn't drop it or anything. Woke up this morning and can't find the crack:-). In my alcohol fueled state last night, I could clearly see a crack running down the middle of the screen. I could even feel it with my finger:-). I'm feckin' delighted:-). I've held it up to the window. Held it under the electric light here. Can't find any crack or scratch:-):-):-). Its easy known yesterday was St Patrick's Day:-):-):-)

Happy that RoadhouseBlues is back :)

Happy that RoadhouseBlues is back :)

:D:D:D

*Gives you a Roland Deschain bow and collapses in a heap*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

A cheese and onion toastie.proper one mind u, grated cheese that oozes out the side after toasting !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bobskii wrote: »
    A cheese and onion toastie.proper one mind u, grated cheese that oozes out the side after toasting !

OOOOH yeah... maybe with thick bread, and with a hint of garlic mayo...

*Insert Homer's drooling sounds here*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My bedclothes positively reek of sunshine after hours on the line blowing in the breeze. What a glorious day and a totally rad sunset. I could feel myself responding to the sunshine like a little plant. Amazing day, and the tulip bulbs I brought my Ma from Amsterdam have begun to blossom. Go on nature ya ride ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Try finding a scratch/crack in your glasses lens (after dropping them) while drunk and finding out when sober that it was only a streak of snot :D

I really need to start wearing contacts when I drink. But I would probably forget to take them out and they'd end up somewhere around my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

New Home wrote:
    *Insert Homer's drooling sounds here*

New Home wrote:
    OOOOH yeah... maybe with thick bread, and with a hint of garlic mayo...

Oh I might try that tonight!I'm going through a cheese sambo phase!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement