Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When it's payday and you're going to have a jam donut for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

When someone makes me a good cup of tea.

:D:D:D

*Gives you a Roland Deschain bow and collapses in a heap*

:)

Happy when I'm imagining what a Dark Tower film would be like or would a mini series work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

:)

Happy when I'm imagining what a Dark Tower film would be like or would a mini series work better.

I'm really happy that somebody gave me a book of horror stories called Dark Visions. It has a couple of Stephen King stories in it that I had never read before. I love having the poop scared out of me , and no one better than Stephen King :)

73Cat wrote: »
    I'm really happy that somebody gave me a book of horror stories called Dark Visions. It has a couple of Stephen King stories in it that I had never read before. I love having the poop scared out of me , and no one better than Stephen King :)

Which king stories are they?

I'm a fan but he can be hit and miss. Always happy to hear other people's opinions on him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Which king stories are they?

I'm a fan but he can be hit and miss. Always happy to hear other people's opinions on him :)

The Reploids, Sneakers and Dedication. Definitely never read The Reploids before, reading Sneakers now, and if I read it before , it was years ago, it's not ringing any bells with me yet. The only books of his that I couldn't get into were The Tommyknockers and Dreamcatcher. Some are definitely a bit underwhelming, but others are the best books I've ever read:). Reading makes me very happy, nothing like it to take you away from your worries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When St Patricks day is this close to Easter.
    3 day working week followed by a 4 day working week followed by another 4 day working week.

I just remembered we have Easter eggs!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I just remembered we have Easter eggs!! :D

Winning free Easter eggs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When you order a pizza and they arrive really quickly. :)

• Advertisement

But I don't need Easter eggs because I have beer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Robsweezie wrote: »
    The smell of freshly cut grass, and jam doughnuts.
    When it's payday and you're going to have a jam donut for breakfast

was it me who put that idea into your head or were you just coincidentally going to get a jam doughnut anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

When you're buttering a cream cracker and it breaks up in your hand :mad:

Robsweezie wrote: »
    was it me who put that idea into your head or were you just coincidentally going to get a jam doughnut anyway :)

I think it was you Rob. Read that and couldn't get the sugary goodness out of my mind. Ended up getting an apple one, not as nice at all.

When you wake up and you've been dreaming about a nice cake. It's sort of annoying that you're just about to eat it in your dream before waking up, but it makes me happy too for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you're buttering a cream cracker and it breaks up in your hand :mad:

And that makes you happy?

Phone calls from my favourite little girl. I was really ill last night and was up half the night being sick. Today I had plans to have lunch with my best friend and her daughter. I text her last night telling her I was vomitting and wrote off.
    So just there now my friend rings my phone and I answer.

"LEXIE!!!! ARE YOU DICK?!!!!"
    No baby I'm ok now
    "Were you dick in the toilet?"
    "Mammy and me and you are having dinner"
    I'm really excited to see you darling
    "Are you"
    Yep, of course. I missed you!
    "I missed you too Lexie, I missed you the most"

Naww :D
    Cheered me up anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Phone calls from my favourite little girl. I was really ill last night and was up half the night being sick. Today I had plans to have lunch with my best friend and her daughter. I text her last night telling her I was vomitting and wrote off.
    So just there now my friend rings my phone and I answer.

"LEXIE!!!! ARE YOU DICK?!!!!"
    No baby I'm ok now
    "Were you dick in the toilet?"
    "Mammy and me and you are having dinner"
    I'm really excited to see you darling
    "Are you"
    Yep, of course. I missed you!
    "I missed you too Lexie, I missed you the most"

Naww :D
    Cheered me up anyway.

Heck, I don't know her and even I want to give her a hug... :o What a sweetheart... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I would be trivially happy, if the trivially annoyed thread came back :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Birdsong.

That's it this morning..... Birdsong.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I found lots of clumps of wild forget-me-nots growing along the footpath - one whole flower would have fitted in one petal of a 'normal' forget-me-not, even though the rest of the plant was normal-sized.

They were gorgeous, a serendipitous find indeed!

It does pay to look down when you walk. :)

• Advertisement

My little eejit of a dog. Although he's 2.5, he acts like a puppy. He's very very very affectionate and just wants constant cuddles.
    He got into my bedroom last night and I pretended to be asleep, he stuck his nose in my face to check he wasn't going to get in trouble and proceeded to climb in on top of me.
    He was surprisingly very good so I was considering letting him stay there if he was happy enough to lay by my legs. All of a sudden he leaps practically right on top of my head, sat on my head and went crazy licking my face. I was trapped underneath him and he was just so happy.

He made me laugh though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Birdsong.

That's it this morning..... Birdsong.
    I was working overnight last week and went outside during my break (3.30am) and there was birds singing..sounded lovely but I thought it very strange at that hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Back in the land of the living today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

My little eejit of a dog. Although he's 2.5, he acts like a puppy. He's very very very affectionate and just wants constant cuddles.
    He got into my bedroom last night and I pretended to be asleep, he stuck his nose in my face to check he wasn't going to get in trouble and proceeded to climb in on top of me.
    He was surprisingly very good so I was considering letting him stay there if he was happy enough to lay by my legs. All of a sudden he leaps practically right on top of my head, sat on my head and went crazy licking my face. I was trapped underneath him and he was just so happy.

He made me laugh though

THIS! This cheered me right up today, but now there should be a trivial things that make you sad thread. I want a dog. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A blazing crackling popping snapping happy Open Fire. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rhea Rose

I'm a writer, so getting a good response to an article I worked hard on always gives me a happy buzz :)

I also love realising at 5pm that I haven't eaten all day and subsequently managing to fit in 12 hours worth of eating before bedtime :D So, yeah, food. Food makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rhea Rose

THIS! This cheered me right up today, but now there should be a trivial things that make you sad thread. I want a dog. :(

Aw man, I really want a dog too! But I travel a lot which means that it's just not possible.

Anyone want to dog-share?! :pac: That would definitely make me happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rhea Rose wrote: »
    Aw man, I really want a dog too! But I travel a lot which means that it's just not possible.

Anyone want to dog-share?! :pac: That would definitely make me happy!

There is a dogs rescue near us that allow you to take a rescue dog out for the day, walk him, play with him etc and then bring him back at the end of the day. Popular with people who cant have a dog at home for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Menas wrote: »
    There is a dogs rescue near us that allow you to take a rescue dog out for the day, walk him, play with him etc and then bring him back at the end of the day. Popular with people who cant have a dog at home for whatever reason.

Makes me happy when people post great ideas that help animals! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It's payday! :)

Also, a really difficult task that I've been dreading for weeks has been cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement