Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I commute, and maybe twice a month there's this UNREAL guy that gets the same train as me. He's a beaut. Absolutely unreal. That makes me thrilled. Really happy. Usually I try sit in the same carriage as him so I can admire him. This morning though I look like hagrid so I have to admire from afar, but he's sitting on the outside seat so I can still see him. This is going to be a good day because he always gets the same train home as me and I'll get to fix my hair and face for later.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    It makes me trivially happy to receive admiring glances on public transport

;)

It would make me really happy to see pictures of both men just so I could judge for myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

As the days are (slowly) starting to warm up, i.e. It's not 'as' cold anymore, the ambient temperature in the kitchen is rising, so therefore, literally on a day by day basis, the butter is becoming easier and easier to spread.

Bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Finished lambing :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I met my consultant today ... I'm getting discharged from hospital on Friday, after an eight week stay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Doing faceswap with the virgib Mary statue and looking unreal as a saint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

I met my consultant today ... I'm getting discharged from hospital on Friday, after an eight week stay! :)

That's great, wishing you good health and happiness ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you've had a niggling headache all day and it finally disappears.
    It's as if you took all the times you didn't have a headache for granted.

That first cup of tea in the morning. Nothing beats it.

Grocery shopping day.
    I love knowing the fridge and cupboards are full.

Hot train guy got the same train as me this morning. Was thrilled.
    He got on the train and sat in front of me but with his back towards me. Then I was sad so as I couldn't see his lovely face.
    But I cheered up again when I realised I had a lovely view of his laptop screen, his left hand (not married) and I had to blow my nose about 5 times so I was delighted he didn't get to see me do that. Every cloud has a silver lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Finished lambing :D:D:D

There's so many tiny lambs around at the minute. Even a heard-hearted cow like myself can't help but smile when I see them jumping around the place. They seem to go from being barely able to walk, to lepping around and racing each other in five minutes flat, the mad yokes!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hot train guy got the same train as me this morning. Was thrilled.
    He got on the train and sat in front of me but with his back towards me. Then I was sad so as I couldn't see his lovely face.
    But I cheered up again when I realised I had a lovely view of his laptop screen, his left hand (not married) and I had to blow my nose about 5 times so I was delighted he didn't get to see me do that. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I wasn't joking abut the photo... :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

maudgonner wrote: »
    There's so many tiny lambs around at the minute. Even a heard-hearted cow like myself can't help but smile when I see them jumping around the place. They seem to go from being barely able to walk, to lepping around and racing each other in five minutes flat, the mad yokes!

Plenty of lambs and calves around here - watching them beats tv anyday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Is it just me or does the sunny weather give you a better perspective on life?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

FanadMan wrote: »
    Plenty of lambs and calves around here - watching them beats tv anyday :)

And they're delicious too! :D

maudgonner wrote: »
    And they're delicious too! :D

Heehee........especially on a bbq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

***DISCLAIMER***

NO RABBITS WERE HURT/KILLED IN ANY POST OF THIS THREAD :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 17 day old son lifting an arse cheek to fart while being fed...

My dog. He can smile. He strips his teeth at one side of his mouth when he gets excited. He's only recently started to do it. We call this "mean face".
    So I say "show me your mean face" and he strips one side of his mouth. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

A weekly walk in sunshine ( whenever we get it) on Dun Laoghaire pier. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I got a new job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭gigantic09

When you stop at a courtesy crossing to let somebody cross,and they give an appreciative smile or wave your way in return.

• Advertisement

My dog. He can smile. He strips his teeth at one side of his mouth when he gets excited. He's only recently started to do it. We call this "mean face".
    So I say "show me your mean face" and he strips one side of his mouth. Love it.

Pics......we demand pics now to drool over :D

When it's not my week to pay for date night. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Getting lots of hugs from my class when I come back after being out sick for 2 days. Super cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was in a car as a passenger yesterday for 4 hours. With the sun shining, I couldn't help but think what a beautiful country this is, with the mountains and trees and the fields laid out like a patchwork quilt. I think I could see for once how tourists view the fabulous scenery we have here. I'm not usually one for sappy thoughts, and no doubt if it was lashing rain , I'd have been berating the place for being a kip, but the journey really cheered me up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That nice domesticated bliss feeling I get when the house is clean, the dinner is on, the fire is lit, there's a wash going in the machine and the dog is curled up in front of the fire and I've a glass of wine in my hand :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cycling throught the Pheonix Park this morning on such a beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Been with Mrs E for a lot of years, and now and again she will give me a wink and a smile....and there is still a flutter in the tummy (alright - tummies)

myself & herself getting out on our brand new bikes today and going for a cycle for the first time in probably 18 years (for me anyway).

only went out for 20 minutes, I can feel it in the legs, but it felt great to be out on a bike again.

and as Boom_Bap mentions, such a fine day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

myself & herself getting out on our brand new bikes today and going for a cycle for the first time in probably 18 years (for me anyway).

only went out for 20 minutes, I can feel it in the legs, but it felt great to be out on a bike again.

and as Boom_Bap mentions, such a fine day.

That pain in the legs makes me happy, you know that you've done something good for yourself :)

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That pain in the legs makes me happy, you know that you've done something good for yourself :)

I need that pain!!! I want to embrace it

The last time I used to have (semi) regular work outs was playing 5-a-side 7-8 years ago with your very good self!! (I never liked being in goal when you were on the other team!!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement