Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

being able to run on the beach while on a weekend break, pure bliss and the weather is also a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dubgurl

Listening to a brilliant live version of a song that I love, whether it be on YouTube or in a concert.

Finding songs after years searching.

Driving on a really bright day.

Listening to music full blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having complete and utter craic and a laugh on a night out....been way too long

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Being in bed at 9.25 on a Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm an auntie for the very first time! A little boy born this morning. Over the moon! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 5 week old son smiled this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My kids went food shopping with my wife and that leaves me with peace for an hour or two.

She was trying to get them to stay home by saying 'it's only food shopping' but I was openly suggesting that she'd buy them something nice if they went with her but not if they stayed home. Top notch parenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Trip to the zoo today!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

osarusan wrote: »
    My kids went food shopping with my wife and that leaves me with peace for an hour or two.

She was trying to get them to stay home by saying 'it's only food shopping' but I was openly suggesting that she'd buy them something nice if they went with her but not if they stayed home. Top notch parenting.

They're back already.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

They're back already.:mad:
    :D:D:D Your wife is way ahead of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cherry blossom season

Can only appreciate it now I don't have exams, used to always associate it with panic stations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was standing counting my daughter's bus fare into her hand outside a shop in town yesterday. Just wanted to be sure she had it, before I spent it. I could sense someone standing beside me, and when I turned there was an elderly man standing there with his hand out, smiling. "I thought you were giving it away, so I said I'd have some!", he said. I've been missing my Dad lately, and this reminded me so much of something he would have done for the laugh. It cheered me up so much, I keep smiling to myself since :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After being extremely sick all week, today is the first day I feel almost like my usual hyper self. My voice is still all hoarse and deep, from the chest infection, but it's loose enough to take advantage off.

With my new voice, I can sing a really badass version of the sound of silence, having fun trying to hit high notes. I am boss.

My oh is telling me to stop singing, that I'll hurt my throat. But nobody can keep this husky, deep voices successful woman down! He had 5 days to enjoy the other kind of the sound of silence.

Happy happy happy, happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I bought cans of guinness on my lunchbreak. This makes me way happier than it should :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

After being extremely sick all week, today is the first day I feel almost like my usual hyper self. My voice is still all hoarse and deep, from the chest infection, but it's loose enough to take advantage off.

With my new voice, I can sing a really badass version of the sound of silence, having fun trying to hit high notes. I am boss.

My oh is telling me to stop singing, that I'll hurt my throat. But nobody can keep this husky, deep voices successful woman down! He had 5 days to enjoy the other kind of the sound of silence.

Happy happy happy, happy!

Checkout the version by The band "Disturbed" brilliant.

Glad to hear you are better

eisenberg1 wrote: »

That's the one I got my inspiration from! It was on 21st century greats on one of the music channels!! Thanks E :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eisenberg1 wrote: »

That song made me trivially happy the other day! It was never my cup of tea , but that singer has some voice and has completely transformed it for me. It's amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Lovely smell of clothes drying on the line. The sun came out while I was hanging them. Just organised some sunshiney beers for this evening. Mmmm MMMM. Of course now I have to ask my sis-in-law if I can take back the beers I left at her house. Being broke is hard but the sun makes it matter less :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Hearing the next door neighbors kids laughter while playing in the garden always makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

the smell of dust.

either sweeping a dusty concrete floor, or the smell of the rain makes when it falls on a dry concrete surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

^^ also guilty as charged^^:D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Good first day of work and ice cream to celebrate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Watching Mad Max: Fury Road again and again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,572 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

just back from Darkness into Light - lovely event and faith in humanity temporarily restored...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

People in Aldi/Lidl who let you go ahead of them when they're unloading a trolley and you only have a couple of things.

When you're about to pay for on-street parking and another driver, who's just about to drive off gives you their ticket, which has loads of time left on it.

Long drives when the traffic is really light, especially in the evenings.

When you're flicking through the channels because there's nothing on the TV and then you find a film/programme you really like is about to start.

Having a peaceful bus journey because the audio announcements on Dublin Bus aren't working.

Getting hugs from people on your Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

finally finished my girls only sitting room :D it's only taken me 8 years of doing bits and bobs now and then when I have spare cash and now it's perfect for me and my smallie to have lazy Saturdays in😊

sorry.. but when you have something stuck in your teeth and eventually manage to get it out

When you go to get a big dirty Chinese after almost a week of not eating much and the Chinese has 50% off! Get in my belly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Having a Vicks inhaler handy for a stuffy nose

• Advertisement

Kate Bush's "cloudbusting" coming on the radio.

Jesus - what a properly beautiful tune!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement